Warframe, Twitch Chat, And Overlays

PookieNumnums

Question

SOOO,

ive been seeing a lot of twitch streams with chat window overlayed on game.

and while i know that lots of streamers are using dual monitor, there are a few alternatives to having twitch chat overlayed directly onto your game as you play

ive tried two ways today.

overwolf

and

trillian

overwolf consistantly crashed wf. i updated drivers for nvidia g650m and actually got it to let me log in, but when i tried to bring up the overlay for the chat (overwolf claims it supports wf) it broke wf every time

with trillian it just started connect/disconnect over and over, and when connected nothing i typed came through although it had told me i had connected to my twitch chat t4lcomx

anyhow, if any of you have any suggestions on a legit method of finding a chat overlay in game plz leave info here.

*sys specs*

i7 3630

8g ram

nvidia g650m

win 8

3 answers to this question

Far as i can tell the best way to handle this kind of thing is to create the scene in Xsplit or OBS, whichever you use, full-screen the scene with the chromakey'ed chat onscreen as to how you like it and use the streaming software's output in full-screen and play as if you were in exclusive full-screen on Warframe.

I'm no expert but I've also never been without a second screen. This could be a temporary workaround for you, so there's my input.

Far as i can tell the best way to handle this kind of thing is to create the scene in Xsplit or OBS, whichever you use, full-screen the scene with the chromakey'ed chat onscreen as to how you like it and use the streaming software's output in full-screen and play as if you were in exclusive full-screen on Warframe.

I'm no expert but I've also never been without a second screen. This could be a temporary workaround for you, so there's my input.

didnt quite understand. any other suggestions...

having it on the phone is an ok secondary idea, thanks for that one, poster.