Variatas

It's awful.  Really, really awful.

Just as a run-down of what mods are actually available for it, you have:

Rifles:
-Rifle Aptitude (Utter garbage)

-Cryo Rounds

-Hammer Shot

Shotguns:

-Shotgun Savvy ("Savvy" would be using something else)

-Chilling Grasp

-Tainted Shell

Pistol

-Sure Shot (Sure to waste space and energy)

-Deep Freeze

Melee

-Melee Prowess (Something something prowess)

-North Wind

-Life Strike

-Parry

Since the single-stat Status Chance mods are utterly eclipsed by Dual-Stat mods, that leaves just 2 mods for Rifles and Shotguns, ONE for pistols, and 3 for Melee.

However, the single-stat Cold Damage mods aren't a whole lot better, as the Melee and Pistol versions don't use the same scaling as the other elemental mods, so they're both also eclipsed by the Cold Dual-Stat mod.  This leaves Vazarin on Pistols as only questionably better than a non polarized slot, because you probably aren't going to want to match it.  

The situation for Melee is only somewhat better, since Parry and Life Strike can work for some builds, but you're probably still better off with a blank slot than a Vazarin.

Suggestion:

It's about time that something was done with the Status Chance series of mods.  There are now four better options for increasing Status Chance (the Dual Stat mods) that completely eclipse them.  It doesn't even have to be anything radical; putting them up to like +100% status chance would at least make them do something for now, since you could try and have a Status build on a few more weapons, or mix Dual and Single stat mods in different ways.

But given how long they've been neglected, I'm not going to hold my breath.  

As for the others, it feels to me like the elemental mods should be normalized; since the elements are roughly equal from a Mod perspective, they should all add the same +Damage% for the same Drain and Rank.  This makes single-stat Cold damage mods more useful, which helps make Vazarin more useful, especially on pistols where it's currently the only non-awful choice.

Longshot Suggestion:

Abandon Vazarin on weapons.  Yeah, that's right, get rid of it.  There are so few mods that use it, it wouldn't be missed.  Switch the Cold Damage mods over to Naramon in line with the other three elements, and put the others on either Naramon or Madurai.  Compensating affected players might be a bit tricky, but that's why this is an oddball.  

Placement of other mods: (this is just spit-balling)

Status Chance mods: I don't know, do they do anything yet?

Hammer Shot: Naramon
Tainted Shell: Naramon
Parry: Madurai?

Life-Strike: I dunno, Naramon or Zenurik (=, Scratch), though using Zenurik on Melee mods seems almost more bizarre than Vazarin's continued use.

Well, there's my 0.000000002 crypto-currency.

Edited by Variatas

mmm. been long standing now that the 'D' polarity on Weapons is not very useful and either needs more Mods for it's Polarity or needs to go away.

That's exactly what prompted this post.  Making Cold Damage mods normalized and Status Chance mods actually worth ever using would be something, but outside of those there are a whole FOUR mods that use it... to me that feels pointless.

With the Status/Element mod cycle completed, it really feels like something should be done about it sooner rather than later.