Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are You An Ultra Forever Alone Tenno?

Semshol

Okay so,

Little bit about myself. I work as a day-trader during the day and I'm a full-time hikkikomori (shut-in) at all other times. I also have no friends at all, so I live the PUG Life all day everyday.

So today I wanted to find out how many Tenno have:

A) Friends to play with, like...y'know...real humans.

B) Online friends to play with, may not be human...might be a cat.

C) One or two friends to play with...aliens included.

D) No friends to play with...sad face :( *Plays Hypnogaja - Scorned*

E) No friends to play with FOREVER... *Plays Swallow the Sun - Solitude*

F) Actually have a negative number of friends to play with because people in real life hate you. *Plays Sabaton and rocks out with you*

I am in category D. None of my friends are gamers because I hang out with artsy people, I do poetry as a hobby and love voice acting...but yeah basically no one to game with.

I made a couple of friends in-game but one might be leaving eventually so, sad face.

How many others are also lone tennos? Or are you all social tennos?

Choose your category! (Or add your own but it better be worth the lulz)

B

Im actually a siamese cat

Well, only half siamese

I dont know where my twin is

No friends in-game and no friends who game.

But I don't consider PUGing "non social" gameplay.  It's as social as you make it.  Coming from several years' solid MMO gaming, I'm quite chatty, and hit T quite often, and it's surprising how often people will chat even in a speedy game with relatively short mission bites like this.

If you feel lonely, take the plunge, initiate chat!    Sometimes you're met with stony silence, but occasionally you can strike up good conversations - even do a mission that takes a good long time as people rp-lite through it (particularly, e.g., in the stealthy bits, like in Rescue missions).

Also, join a guild - you can always chat away to people in a friendly, light-hearted way in a good guild.  Guilds aren't just for people who already know each other, but some are for groups of strangers who enjoy the social aspect - having a pool of trusted regulars to play with, having general chat that isn't brain-dead like Zone chats in MMOs., etc.

Haha I talk a lot in missions and I'm a well know mod-salesman so I do have people popping in now and then, but I was wondering what the demographics are like, friendwise for us Tenno x'D

Type A when I went to school and there were still internet cafes where we did lan parties or played online games together since we didn't have internet at home. A bit of type C durring the university and type D now since everyone grew out of the computer games.

Mostly D right now.  My husband and his roommates got me into the game, but strict nat problems are preventing them from playing for any amount of time before getting kicked off.  I guess they got really tired of battling it.  :(

(And before anyone asks, it's cheaper for my husband to live in an apartment with roommates than to commute to work because of where our house is.  This doesn't bother me, as I am a hermit by nature.)

Oh, and I used to get all upset and depressed because my family was always telling me that there was something wrong with me because I liked staying inside and didn't really like dealing with people.  I like people, just in small doses.  Anyway, recently I found out that all through history there have been religious hermits and they were even venerated and subsidized!  My opinion is that our society is very sick and judgmental and has lost something very important.  

Anyhow... to other hermits who may or may not be religious, but are most certainly spiritual in their own way, embrace yourself and your way of living.  There is nothing wrong with you.

Edited by Acanthaceae

I got a few online buddy list friends I play with and one real-life friend that I see regularly in person that I can play with every now and then since they have no PS4 of their own.

Other than that, PUG-life, or solo if I can handle it. It's been OK for the most part, most of the time pretty fun.

Soooo mostly A, B, and C.... no cat, just birds who try to eat my controllers.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

B I guess with 2-3 guys from my clan that I love playing with and have a lot of fun. I don't know them personally though but they are good friends in warframe and steam.

Also I was a hikikomori from 16 to 22. Until i got a good job and started working. so I know how you feel.

Okay so,

Little bit about myself. I work as a day-trader during the day and I'm a full-time hikkikomori (shut-in) at all other times. I also have no friends at all, so I live the PUG Life all day everyday.

So today I wanted to find out how many Tenno have:

A) Friends to play with, like...y'know...real humans.

B) Online friends to play with, may not be human...might be a cat.

C) One or two friends to play with...aliens included.

D) No friends to play with...sad face :( *Plays Hypnogaja - Scorned*

E) No friends to play with FOREVER... *Plays Swallow the Sun - Solitude*

F) Actually have a negative number of friends to play with because people in real life hate you. *Plays Sabaton and rocks out with you*

I am in category D. None of my friends are gamers because I hang out with artsy people, I do poetry as a hobby and love voice acting...but yeah basically no one to game with.

I made a couple of friends in-game but one might be leaving eventually so, sad face.

How many others are also lone tennos? Or are you all social tennos?

Choose your category! (Or add your own but it better be worth the lulz)

I think watching too much anime might be your issue, probably "welcome to the NHK" hence using the term hikkikomori. Turn off Netflix/the computer/ the tv, and go outside. I spend a good amount of time on my own, but I make it a point to go out and hang with people as being a shut in causes depression. I'd be A,B, and C.