Scaling Excalibur

farkle776

I love Excalibur as a warframe. I think he's fun and useful as a starter frame. His abilities all look cool (except for super jump), and aside from the fact that his helmets look kind of odd, he's probably my favorite frame.

That being said, I propose an Excalibuff.

With his current skillset, 'Scalibur drops off very quickly. To put it blatantly, he's useful on Mercury and that's about it. After that, the only real build for him is 2spam for "poor-man's-Bastille", and "Press 1 for emergency exit." I personally liked him better when I thought Slash Dash killed things. I think Slash Dash could be buffed in a way that keeps Excalibro balanced, but gives him a damage buff.

Suggestion 1: Scale Slash Dash damage with melee weapon damage.

I always found it odd that Excalibroken was a melee DPS frame that didn't have any useful melee damaging skills. I think that can easily be fixed by giving slash dash a base damage that is modified by weapon damage. As an example:

A maxed out slash dash does 500 slash damage. It makes no difference whether I 1Spam with a skana or a dragon nikana. I think that should be changed by adding weapon damage to slash dash damage. If my nikana does another 500, let the damage start at 1000 (500+500). 

Suggestion 2: Status, crit, and faction damage.

If we're adding weapon damage to Slash Dash, why not also reflect additions in crit and status chance? I should be able to do a flaming Slash Dash with Silva and Aegis (Infested gg), and wreck Corpus Crewmen with pure toxin Ichor Slash Dash. That would make his skills more fun, and take away from the monotony of 2Spam builds. We could easily go one step further and give Slash Dash a 100% status chance like Bladestorm, Shock, or Fireball, the difference being that the status given would be whatever status your weapon is modded for.

Suggestion 3: Apply changes to Radial Javelin as well.

Maybe this would be a little too much, but RJ could also be based off of 'Scalibur's melee weapon. A base damage based on weapon damage would be great for this, as would additions to crit and status. (On another note, I wouldn't mind if Excalibitilies like this one came with punch through, because crates OP).

Suggestion 4: Change animations of RJ to reflect current melee weapon.

> Have Galatine

> Spawn Skanas

>...

>DE logic??

I certainly wouldn't mind spawning Galatines. Them Ancients wouldn't stand a chance.

Maybe I'm not thinking these suggestions through hard enough, but they seem dynamic in nature enough to be interesting tweaks that would give my favorite Space Unicorn some versatility and fun that wouldn't break his canon-role as Swordsman of Choice. 

I agree with these changes but Excalibur is already over powered as hell, I mean build him for Blind and you end up with the best CC in the game and Stealth Multiplier for the whole team and also make the whole game super easy by fighting defenseless enemies. Adding the afforementioned changes would end up with nerfing this more than vital skill for endgame content (I don't honestly think it's that bad since endgame is not necessary) especially when the Blind status is the most usefull status in the whole game to lessening the grind (since it's less dying or wasting ammo and more dead people).

He doesn't drop. He makes a joke out of any possible high levels with spammable perma-CC. 

His damage abilities are subpar however.  Im really tired of reposting it, and DEL doesn't see an issue and wont do anything anyway/

They'll fix 4 eventually, and 1 just needs to incorporate the combo counter gimmick.

People all say that Excalibur is "Press 2 to win!" but the fact remains that we need to try and deviate from this as much as possible.

Any frame as to which only one power is worth using needs to be rebalanced.

Yeah, Excalibur may be powerful, but if he's barely using his skill set, and what he does use is tangential to his very popular theme, then he needs tweaking, whether you call that buffing or nerfing or anything else.

If high end stuff cannot be done without his blind, then the high end stuff is what's broken. I know that's talking about much wider changes that will take a lot longer to test and implement, but I think it's necessary to mention.

In my opinion, Excalibur is not who he's intended to be, and I want to see that fixed. Having his abilities take on aspects of his melee weapon would be great (both visually and mechanically). I also agree that Radial Javelin needs Punch Through, it just makes sense, and Slash Dash definitely needs to be the slash-through-and-then-sheathe-your-weapon attack it's supposed to be, instead of the kinda weird utility thing it ends up being later on. Also, Super Jump needs... something. Anything. It's really underwhelming and doesn't do much that you can't do normally.

the real problem is not that excalibur is weak. he is pretty damn strong, but only because he has ONE ability that is actually good. excalibur needs some sort of rework to make sure his poor abilities are buffed, so that playing excalibur is not about spamming blind all the time.

All Frames modded well will kill things in the 30-50 range like ... something ... that ... kills things really well. Look, it's late, I have the flu. Deal with it.

DE can easily add mobs that have more mitigation vs our abilities, they simply have not so far. Just you wait for stuff that can't be Radial Disarmed, you stupid Loki!

Yeah, Excalibur may be powerful, but if he's barely using his skill set, and what he does use is tangential to his very popular theme, then he needs tweaking, whether you call that buffing or nerfing or anything else.

If high end stuff cannot be done without his blind, then the high end stuff is what's broken. I know that's talking about much wider changes that will take a lot longer to test and implement, but I think it's necessary to mention.

In my opinion, Excalibur is not who he's intended to be, and I want to see that fixed. Having his abilities take on aspects of his melee weapon would be great (both visually and mechanically). I also agree that Radial Javelin needs Punch Through, it just makes sense, and Slash Dash definitely needs to be the slash-through-and-then-sheathe-your-weapon attack it's supposed to be, instead of the kinda weird utility thing it ends up being later on. Also, Super Jump needs... something. Anything. It's really underwhelming and doesn't do much that you can't do normally.

+1 to this

I've had a little idea about improving slash dash a little bit, and i liked your idea about scaling slash dash with melee weapon damage.

I won't create new topic, because i think this is where it has to be:

Cq9UrVi.png

So...

My idea:

1 and 2 pics: The player begins to use slash dash. Nothing unusual.

3 pic: The ending of slash dash. The idea is that at the end of the move with the swing of his sword excalibur creates a deadly wave that kills/damages enemies in front of him in wide radius.

Edited by Dante102

^

That mspaint made my day.

I agree with most of the feedback about my suggestions. I do admit that Excaliblind is a great ability, and the cornerstone of the "master build." Unfortunately, though, I think that's where the issue lies. I find it a tad disconcerting that while people like to think of Excalibur as a melee dps/Swordsman frame, his only viable build is based on CC and not based on hacking enemies to unrecognizable bits.

In my opinion, the fact that Excalibur only has one viable build is something that I think messes up 'Scalibur as a frame. In my experience, most decent frames have at least two builds that they can effectively use. Ash has Bladestorm and Smokescreen. Loki has Invisibility and Radial Disarm. Trinity has Link and Blessing. Nyx has Chaos and Absorb. Ember has Accelerant and World on Fire.

Excalibur has Radial Blind and Radial Blind. Nobody does 45 minutes of T4 survival with a Slash Dash build, because they won't last that long.

I'm not trying to suggest that Excalibur be buffed to the point that he can one-shot a level 80 heavy gunner with Slash Dash. I don't even really think that whatever changes come to his frame have to viable in extreme endgame. I do, however, think that his abilities should be able to take out hordes of scrubs to a decent degree. After all, that's supposed to be Excalibur's job. I think that even with regards to playstyle, we should strive to see Excalibur doing significantly more melee and cool sword-stuff than other frames, and that his skillset should reflect that.

Nobody calls Ash the Master of 1000 Skana. That's Excalibur's department.

How do you think Slash Dash should be revised?

when u have ur melee weapon equiped it will be used as utility to close in on ur enemy to perform the combos

when u have ur main or secondary make it a 2 staged ability:(first stage) its like the normal slash dash but its damage is depends on ur melee weapon damage (second stage) excalibur spins around himself [much like the loki's radial disarm animation] and does AoE damage based on his overall ability strength

How do you think Super Jump should be revised?

remove it completely we all know warframe levels have no high ceilings zypher is only playable on earth :P and a little on phobos

How do you think Radial Javelin should be revised?

make it a radial ability (globe) and make it pin enemies to walls

affected by ( duration[more time enemies are pinned on walls] // range // strength )