Early Stage Weapons

ROXXXY

Question

Does anyone recommend any Good and efficient early stage weapons for me. I am currently using a Paris Mark 1 , Excalibur, Furis Mark 1 and the Skana. All my weapons are equipped with decent mods and are around rank 21. Though my Excalibur is rank 18.

12 answers to this question

Grab a Latron if you like Rifles/Snipers, Grab a Karak if you like Assault RIfles, Grab a Lex if you like SNiper Sidearms, Melees don't make much of a difference so just pick one you like and also build weapons with the elementals that work well against the foes you want to fight (go on the wiki and search up damage 2.0, don't bother scanning enemies with Codex Scanner, that's just for OCD people the wiki will explain everything), ALSO build Excalibur around Radial blind it's op (more info on it on the wiki).

I have a friend who is quite satisfied with the Strun (not the Mk1, Sturn, the normal one).  If you like the Mk1 Paris, you could make the normal Paris, it was one of first weapons, and it served me well for a long time, same applies to the Furis, the Skana isn't so great though, maybe go for the Orthos or the Galatine (Both fan favorites).  If you want to put time into getting it, I found the Afuris is quite effective.

Grab a Latron if you like Rifles/Snipers, Grab a Karak if you like Assault RIfles, Grab a Lex if you like SNiper Sidearms, Melees don't make much of a difference so just pick one you like and also build weapons with the elementals that work well against the foes you want to fight (go on the wiki and search up damage 2.0, don't bother scanning enemies with Codex Scanner, that's just for OCD people the wiki will explain everything), ALSO build Excalibur around Radial blind it's op (more info on it on the wiki).

I disagree, Melee is my most valuable weapon.  As for codex scans, those are not only for OCD people, they are also for people who want to advance quickly, as each scan gives you affinity (Warframe's equivalent of XP in most games).  Karak is good, I'll give you that, but it burns through ammo faster than any rifle I've ever seen, here or in any other game.  Latron and Lex are bothgood, but I personally wouldn't use them together, having two long range weapons, and no close-to-medium range weapons can be difficult.

Edited by xXRampantXx

Primary just try what u can inside mr locks.

shotguns might be problem because they use different mods than rifles

primary vectis is pretty strong if you get to mastery rank 3

secondary:

mk-1 kunais, 2x polarity, means you survive longer without need for potato.

dual pistols are strong also: aklex akvasto akmagnus

melee, pretty much all the same but dual weapons have double spin damage.

not sure if nami skyla is mr0? (clan tech)

Edited by Agullimux

Reach rank 2 and get yourself a Latron or Boltor, a Stug and a Orthos

Either chose Latron for long distance accurate shots or Boltor for a automatic gun that hits really hard.

Stug will give you aoe power and it deals innate corrosive damage which is pretty good against grineer and heavy infested, making defense missions a easy place to farm exp.

Orthos is just a good all around melee, melee weapons arent really that important early because the lack of mods.

Does anyone recommend any Good and efficient early stage weapons for me. I am currently using a Paris Mark 1 , Excalibur, Furis Mark 1 and the Skana. All my weapons are equipped with decent mods and are around rank 21. Though my Excalibur is rank 18.

Braton (get the full version not mark 1) is average but its good enough.  The skana is fine, after you kill mars boss you can upgrade it.  Remember to level all your weapons to 30 before discarding them, though! 

What you need to know, IMHO, will let YOU make your OWN decisions!

- puncture damage is good vs armor (grineer).

- impact damage is good vs shields (corpus).

- other damage types are found later, and are better still.  Cold for example eats shields, same ideas tailor it to the enemy type you are facing is better but an all arounder setup can handle both types of enemy for quite a ways into the game.

sniper ammo is rare, you don't get much of it, and the bows (your early sniper weapons) are slow to fire.  I recommend using the BOW on earth missions, as those are very easy for sneaking around.  Bows, IMHO, are hard to use when you get swarmed (defense missions, etc) or are in a group (zerg factor).

Silence is golden sometimes.  Shooting the first guy you see with a shotgun can alert 20 more things to come beat on you.  Sometimes its handy to kill something quiet like --- so the bow or throwing knives are handy.   However if you like to rambo it up, a machine pistol offhand works well too.

In my experience, looking at the weapons you can get for credits from the store, your best choices are the braton (works on both corpus and grineer) and the kunai (sp?) throwing knives, with whatever melee weapon you like.   If you *really* like stealth kills, the offhand crossbow (ballisica) would be much like your primary bow and has a good chance at one hit kills.  There is also a bow with impact damage that might serve vs corpus targets. 

From there, focus on unlocking jupiter and mars, and farming for salvage.  Once you have some salvage you can craft the next tier of weapons, and here it begins to pay to have a variety of weapons for a variety of tasks.   For example, you might craft the boltron for grineer: it absolutely rips them apart.  But it won't even scratch a corpus shield --- so you might want a shotgun or the karak for corpus. 

shotgun and sword are a good combo for an all out rushing style.  Run up to target, fire shotgun once or twice then cut it down, repeat.   Rifle and silent offhand are good general purpose.   Bow and stealth with a backup gun that can handle a crowd (some sort of machine pistol) is a decent setup.   Don't forget that your warframe abilities should complement your style.

Edited by jonnin

Not knowing where you're at with crafting materials and credits, if you're looking for a quick replacement of weapons, these will perform well and only cost credits:

- Braton (rifle)

- Strun (shotgun)

- Lex (sec handgun)

Aklato also only costs credits but I didn't like it.

My second Primary Weapon was the Strun and I had a good time with it. After that it's all a matter of taste.

I was still discovering the mechanics and I preferred to play the game instead of learning all the secrets with the Wiki so after, I went for the Karak and it did a great job.

Third was the Latron which wasn't automatic but still an excellent range rifle.

Then I made the Gorgon and the Glaive when I got the BPs from the daily rewards.

I crafted the Boltor very late in game and honestly, you can jump on as soon as you have the mats. It is a very versatile weapon although non-hitscan.

Cheers and have fun exploring the various weapons!