Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion On New Color Palette

(PSN)psychoman_8666

With more and more prime warframe's being released, the hardest part in customizing my prime frames has been color coordination to best match the gold pieces on said frame. I would like to suggest a whole new color panel to select highlighting types of metals, ie. Copper, silver, gold etc. I for one would love this pack to be released and I know many people I've brought this up with in random games agree. I don't know if I'm the first to suggest this but it would be much appreciated for this to be implemented.

I think DE has spoken about metallic color pallets. I don't exactly remember why they said it was unlikely but i think it had something to do with some technical jargon. 

Didn't he mean just matching colors and not necessarily a metalic effect?

Edited by Kethus

Metallic colour palettes are very unlikely to happen, since they would require not only changing the tint of certain parts, but also the shader.

Besides - what's the point of Primes, if any frame can have Golden Bits?

I am strongly against the idea of metallic colour palettes.

As for changing the metal "types" of Golden Bits... Primes are Primes because they are incrusted with gold. Orokin made their weapons and frames with Golden Bits. Prime weapons/frames with copper/silver/titanium parts would no longer be Primes. Just as Wraiths coloured with pink and neon green.

Edited by Angius

Besides, the purpose of getting prime gear is not just for the cosmetic flair, but stat bonuses that usually make the prime versions better. Yes the major reason for prime warframe's is usually just cosmetic gold, but with loki prime for example, he changes appearance dramatically enough that you don't focus on the gold pieces but everything else.

Besides, the purpose of getting prime gear is not just for the cosmetic flair, but stat bonuses that usually make the prime versions better. Yes the major reason for prime warframe's is usually just cosmetic gold, but with loki prime for example, he changes appearance dramatically enough that you don't focus on the gold pieces but everything else.

Neverthless, gold is part of the Orokin design. Same as black&red vor Wraiths and metallic blue for Vandals