Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Strikes Specific For Combat

Ronin_Warder

Hello Tenno, 

I've not looked to deep into the feedback threads but the first couples of pages, I dont see this topic, so i would like to make a post! 

I would like to have the ability to only use melee if i want too, but its not completely viable until DE makes us specific directional attacks. Has anyone else felt this way? 

Edited by Ronin_Warder

I would definitely support higher and lower attacks. The problem though is that combos regularly use directions for combos (mainly foreward and back, the two buttons that would make sense for above and below attacks). At the very least, for below attacks just increase the downward hitbox on most weapons. That would immediately solve the "not able to hit small enemies" problem that low attacks works to solve. There are seven stance mods so far that utilize foreward as part of the combo. I think the best they can do is add some "other weapon is equipped" quick melee directional attacks and leave the attacks modified by stance mods as they are.

well then i have no idea what you mean...

Ok sir, not every time you hold crtl and hit the melee key does it always hit the lower crawling targets, even if you aim. So now that this is understood sir, I was wondering if anyone else would like DE to implement a new strikes for each weapon type that would like us hit down and up to hit in those directions.  I hope that is enough detail to get what im trying to ask the community sir. 

The jump+slam attack that you do could be altered to do a vertical slash before dropping to the ground that deals damage. That should let you hit cameras and most flying enemies, provided the hit box isn't stupid. It would require new animations for... Everything, but DE seems to have a really good animation team so I'm suggesting it anyway.