Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Effects To Increase Tension (Visual Effects On Your Character)

noveltyhero

Hey guys,

So I thought about this for a while but how awesome would it be if we had these effects? It would certainly make people panic more and even prevent more deaths simply due to detail.

Shield down

When the shield is down, you see particles of glass fall from your frame and a glass shattering effect heard, thus telling you ok stay in fire but don't expect to live

Getting hit

Plasma

Plasma weapons should do a warm, fzz sound upon hitting you, quite quiet but noticeable so you know you are hit as well as some places displaying burnt effects, cleared by your shield when it recharges

Hitscan

More sounds here and effects, body parts sort of getting pushed back (Very minor detail not affecting your gameplay)

Getting melee'ed

Your character should clearly display some effects based on weapon damage type. Slash damage would have light blue slashes on shield where your character was hit and those style

Sorry not categorized these very well but hopefully you see what I mean. It shouldn't effect low end computers as it is depended on settings and sound will play a role in alerting every player equally. 

Thanks! :)

Shield down

When the shield is down, you see particles of glass fall from your frame and a glass shattering effect heard, thus telling you ok stay in fire but don't expect to live

seems kinda like the effects in borderlands 2 when your shield depletes, but yeah, i would like it, i would also like it if here was a slider, or an option, since, some people (like myself) like to have alot of effects on, while others, do not enjoy/may not have the specs to be able to have a smooth experience.

seems kinda like the effects in borderlands 2 when your shield depletes, but yeah, i would like it, i would also like it if here was a slider, or an option, since, some people (like myself) like to have alot of effects on, while others, do not enjoy/may not have the specs to be able to have a smooth experience.

It can just tie in with particle effects or something. Maybe even "post-processing effects" with settings "off-Low-med-high" allowing you to have really cool effects or more simple ones but still there or not at all :)