Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus, Grineer, Even Infested... What About Void?

Freeburn_Sage

So I've fallen in love with the music of this game, especially after the Corpus dynamic music came out. The different themes fit the faction they represent pretty perfectly. Now how about some Void music, when fighting corrupted? Unless I'm mistaken, it just plays the old drums and whatnot, but I don't think that captures the shimmering evil of the void. Any ideas on what it should sound like? (I'm thinking heavy orchestral/choir stuff like 

).

Other than the suggestion: What music do you think would fit the void's theme?

The Sentients are old, so the music should sound futuristic/old too

I think it needs a mix of ops and this, so classical with a futuristic touch, I will run through music later to see if I can find something to better show. Personally I feel ops song is a bit to hectic and misses the futuristic touch where the quoted most is a bit to slow while capturing more of a futuristic sound.

Other than the suggestion: What music do you think would fit the void's theme?

Anything made by Two steps From Hell. These two guys are amazing composers and their work is epic!

Link to their official youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TwoStepsFromTheMusic

The Sentients are old, so the music should sound futuristic/old too

I think it needs a mix of ops and this, so classical with a futuristic touch, I will run through music later to see if I can find something to better show. Personally I feel ops song is a bit to hectic and misses the futuristic touch where the quoted most is a bit to slow while capturing more of a futuristic sound.

Based on those I'd personally suggest something like this, and just wait till about the 3 min mark:

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Needed more Halo

Speaking of that, maybe DE should take advantage of the fact that Bungie's CEO fired Marty O'Donnell and hire him to compose music for Warframe.

Edit: unless of course you were referring to the video, in which I agree, it could have used a bit more Halo in it.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Personally, I hope it's something that's majestic, yet creepy.

Somewhere between:

and

with a hint of

Not too disimilar from

or

Something that leaves a sense of "shock and awe"... disturbing and yet beautiful in a haunting, twisted way. Very much like the Orokin.

Funny you should bring this up...............

So new music for the void? Nice.

But what about the Corrupted appearance and weapons? They are in the game for months now and still look like obvious placeholders you quickly slapped together in a few weeks to fill the Void with enemies.

The Moas could pass as Orokin original since it looks like the Fusion Moas are made with Orokin tech, but they are still called Corrupted Moas implying they were brought there by the Corpus and became corrupted.

The corrupted Lancers for some reason are the melee model using Deras as weapons and the Corpus are crewmen use Strun models that fire energy bolts, finaly the Heavy Gunner is not modified at all.

Once your guys are done with the new infested enemies some new corrupted models could be welcome too.

Edited by Othergrunty

I'm honestly not sure why the void theme should be purely orchestral because they're old. I don't think it fits their lore Void enemies have been corrupted, infected with a neural sentry control device created by the once might Orokin race. Its these traits i think the music should be inspired from. I have enjoyed people showing some peaces that  inspire them so I may as well add my own.

As the game has music that builds up I thought of what  style of music could be played.

(skip to 33 seconds in the track) A track that I thought would help set the tone. We know the Orokin were an omnipotent empire with unmatched scientific and military prowess. this tune should be there to let the player know who's coming.

More music to act as buildup to the crescendo. Suitable for smaller skirmishes. I also think this music has the tone necessary for this faction, lots of pure electronic/ synthesizer sounds to reflect the technology of the neural sentry's. The music should almost give of a feeling of being sent a signal like receiving Morse code message. Also the Armored Core soundtrack is great I love it. 

Time to turn up the heat, and why not turn it up with something fast paced. Thinking of the playstyles of each faction I think the orokin are quite mobile. Most of their units are quite mobile. their basic troops are usually moving, ancients are always running towards you meanwhile Heavy gunners and moas (and their drones) ensure you keep moving. Its knid of like work out music in a bizarre way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz0mgbkwG1o

A little bonus to inspire more thought. I like the idea of a more code in the music. and maybe it could come through like a siren singing while this track perhaps doesn't sound like a siren its delivery is certainly appealing to my more code/ siren idea. 

I hope you all bared my sort of wall of youtube videos and text without any harm. just felt fun to speculate on some music.

Edited by Silent_Eagl3

Funny you should bring this up...............

Oh yeah, something with lots of choirs and church organ, and I won't stop farming for void keys...

By the way, is there a possible way to bring the good old songs back & revamped with this nice dynamic feature please? We really misss some of them + it adds more variety to the soundtrack.

On a semi-related note, you could use this as a perfect excuse to get a hold of some fun instruments. Glass armonica, blaster beam, and a theramin....

I think a blaster beam would be fun to have, just because it would freak out everyone in the building.