What Power Creep Has Led Us To (Ignis)

Guest Tehnoobshow

Guest Tehnoobshow

excepting that the ignis can do that same damage to as many mobs as are in it's AOE.

with that build the braton can only do that to one mob at a time.

The Penta can do damage to everything in its AoE. You don't see the Penta having low damage do you? Or the Ogris?

The Penta can do damage to everything in its AoE. You don't see the Penta having low damage do you? Or the Ogris?

i also see lots of pentacide / ogricide too. don't see that very often with the ignis. :P

i'd agree that the ignis needs a bit of love, but this really is comparing apples to flamethrowers.

All I see in the replies are mostly about compensation, just to being it into a AoE weapon with damage passing MK1 Braton a bit...

Also, Ember won't matter if your elemental is combined for Radiation right? Heat isn't the best element anyway.

Edited by Casardis

All I see in the replies are mostly about compensation, just to being it into a AoE weapon with damage of MK1 Braton...

Also, Ember won't matter if your elemental is combined for Radiation. Heat isn't the bedt element anyway.

It is when you've got a +500% damage boost from Accelerant.

All I see in the replies are mostly about compensation, just to being it into a AoE weapon with damage passing MK1 Braton a bit...

Also, Ember won't matter if your elemental is combined for Radiation right? Heat isn't the best element anyway.

^ whoa ho ho......heat is an awesome element....dat burn DoT damage

but anyway mixed with the radiation damage....it is SUPPOSED to increase it...from what i recall

otherwise....id find a way to have only heat damage because its a massive increase with ember

Edited by sekushiiandee

Guest Tehnoobshow

You shouldn't have to depend on an ability to make a weapon viable, or I could also say that the Mk1-Paris is a good weapon... as long as you use it with Sonar.

It is when you've got a +500% damage boost from Accelerant.

I see. Is it actually better than the bonus damage on armor though? Heat can be heavily affected by armor I believe. Also, it comes back to how the weapon is pretty horrible unless you do that one single build with a specific single warframe.

To me, that's wrong. I can understand more restrictive builds but that's another level. It's also a whole lot of trouble only to get something that you might do better with other weapons simply because you can get higher Heat damage with them, due to higher baee damage.

^ whoa ho ho......heat is an awesome element....dat burn DoT damage

I love Heat damage yeah, especially for its proc. Problem is that Ignis is not a proc weapon. Look at the horrible status chance. Edited by Casardis

I see. Is it actually better than the bonus damage on armor though? Heat can be heavily affected by armor I believe. Also, it comes back to how the weapon is pretty horrible unless you do that one single build with a specific single warframe.

To me, that's wrong. I can understand more restrictive builds but that's another level. It's also a whole lot of trouble only to get something that you might do better with other weapons simply because you can get higher Heat damage with them, due to higher baee damage.

^true, but i feel like it does not discount the argument of the item being an aoe as opposed to single target

which may be the only upside of using ignis over mk1 braton if those were the only two weapons

glad youre pointing the finger to ignis and mk1 braton....but it is a bit unfair to talk about ignis in this way when there have been a ton of lackluster clan tech that has been released lately

Edited by sekushiiandee

^ That I agree. This is why, if its low damage is kept, at least its proc chance needs to be significantly higher. Maybe it can be slightly more than Amprex, which can proc Heat better than the flamethrower ironically.

I feel that as a "unique quality" like Amprex' innate chain lightning, the ability to equip Firestorm isn't enough. I think having high proc chance could make it into a great support-suppressive weapon. Imagine a Blast Ignis constantly knocking enemies on the ground while debuffing their armor with Corrosive proc.

EDIT: As for pointing fingers, there are a lot of topics on Glaxion and some new clan techs. People can discuss there if they wanted (I did), but that doesn't invalidate this topic and the problems it brings in our discussions.

Besides, Ignis is an old weapon, whi ch is more reason to talk about alongside others because DE are usually less likely to change the older weaponry. There is absolutely nothing unfair. If you feel there's not enough discussion on the other weapons, talk about it in the appropriate topics, or create one if there aren't any (doubt it).

Edited by Casardis