Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Single-Target Melee Weapons

PaperFett

... They seem pretty useless when compared to multi-target melee weapons. And slashing into a huddle of enemies to only damage one doesn't make a lot of sense. If you get swarmed by as little as 3 chargers ur gonna get locked into that obnoxious chain stun, so having a weapon that only damages one enemy in close quarters situations isn't ideal.

"Well don't use a single-target melee against infected ya noob!"

That's my point, 1/3rd of the enemies make this weapon type something to avoid.

Why not rework single-target weapons to instead have a damage drop off for each additional target hit after the first? So that they can distribute collateral damage and effects to enemies, at reduced percentages. Where multi-target weapons have no penalty. This will maintain their use as precision weapons but also make them a more desirable (and practical) weapon choice.

I'm pretty sure you could just use Furax and do just as much damage, faster, and with a higher crit chance.

Furax is the only single target melee I think is worth using right now. As for Ankyros, I don't yet know how it fares.

Edited by Ion_Sig

If you stack Damage and Fury on your sword along with lots of fire or frost damage single target melee is still viable in a pack of chargers. I have Dual Heat Swords with freeze mod and I just jump for the AoE which freezes all chargers and then i can target them out from there