Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe P2W Statless Helms

dashashou

The original intent of removing the stats from the helm might of been for the right reasons - 

-to take out overpower game changing helms 

- to not link a simple cosmic change with -/+

But ...  they let let people who had the old stated helms keep them . Now all the old school players have them , and are able to  trade them which means  that the new guys just  can't get these  advantage helms   match unless.... 

Unless then buy it from the vet players ; Plat to the Vets  , good for us  i guess .  

on top of that  we and can make the rest of our  old arcane  Bps so if u went on helm alerts just because it became a  habit well u can get alot of plat from new players  .   

This  is not a good place  for the game to  be ;  all it does is hurts the new guys , or plat milks them ; sure the plat is going to older player base  but it still hurting the new guys and trade is already a place of broken promises / dreams.  

It's this trading system of arcane helms makes the new guys think that this game is P2W - pay to win , and from a new player perspective it might be . 

Unless then buy it from the vet players ; Plat to the Vets  , good for us  i guess .  

You do realize that currency circulates through an economy, right? It doesn't stay in in the hands of the vet players, they spend it on things from other players, many of whom aren't vets. 

Unless someone has a huge stockpile of plat and just quits, it will continue to circulate. 

Vet player sells an arcane helm bp for 25 plat -> Spends that 25 plat on a stance a week later. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Because of the conversion system arcane helmets are gradually leaving circulation, there's no need to panic. Also, you can trade for plat and there's only like two helms that go for more than 25p. Oh and finally, there's only like two helms with stats that are even vaguely useful. Not exactly what I'd call pay to win.

Because of the conversion system arcane helmets are gradually leaving circulation, there's no need to panic. Also, you can trade for plat and there's only like two helms that go for more than 25p. Oh and finally, there's only like two helms with stats that are even vaguely useful. Not exactly what I'd call pay to win.

i have 5 arcane rhino speed helm bps  atm  and i see that as 500 plat - plat that 's coming directly from  new players  all so they can have an advantage -  kinda the definition of P2W 

Trade to win, I'd say. Max your Serration or Heavy Cal, sell it and buy two Arcanes if you want. Not spending a single cent.

Edited by Angius

You can get Platinum in game, from selling mods/prime parts

No matter what DE does, with current trading system this game cannot possibly be even close to P2W.

and in a PvE enviroment and with the conflict changes how in the world is this game even close to P2W

as for the OP go play archeage if you want a P2W experiance. because thats all it is going threw atm

i have 5 arcane rhino speed helm bps  atm  and i see that as 500 plat - plat that 's coming directly from  new players  all so they can have an advantage -  kinda the definition of P2W 

not everybody who will buy those helms are new players,and if you are so worried about the new players thinking it p2w, why not sell those bps for credits? Oh wait, you want that sweet, sweet easy plat like any other player with half a brain.

So if you are so concerned for the new players then why not donate them to new players you meet. Find them in the low level planets in PUG games and then friend them if they seem cool and then just give it to them.

Also how does it give a game changing advantage to anyone? The Rhino speed helm makes him run slightly faster, get good at Zoren coptering and guess what... you can fly past Vanguard Rhino Primes all day with any frame including but not limited to... (building suspense)... a non-Vanguard non-Prime Rhino (use max Fury and Quickening for extra rofl coptering).

not everybody who will buy those helms are new players,and if you are so worried about the new players thinking it p2w, why not sell those bps for credits? Oh wait, you want that sweet, sweet easy plat like any other player with half a brain.

That's what i'm saying  it's  good for the vet players at the direct cost of the new players , which long term is a bad thing 

So if you are so concerned for the new players then why not donate them to new players you meet. Find them in the low level planets in PUG games and then friend them if they seem cool and then just give it to them.

Also how does it give a game changing advantage to anyone? The Rhino speed helm makes him run slightly faster, get good at Zoren coptering and guess what... you can fly past Vanguard Rhino Primes all day with any frame including but not limited to... (building suspense)... a non-Vanguard non-Prime Rhino (use max Fury and Quickening for extra rofl coptering).

Just to adress this, Rhino and Rhino P too can use this, rendering the advantage null.