We Understand Our Weapons, But Not Our Warframes? Why?

Monybags33

Ever since the new "Modding System" had been introduced iv been nothing more than happy with how detailed our weapons stats are nicely displayed along side of the modification's we make with any of our favorite weapons. However it got me thinking. We can see our crit/damage/status and even how it will stand against other builds we have, so while all this is good why then when look at my Warframe's stats do I only get Health/Shields'/ and really nothing more?

Were are the stats on how much Strength/Power/Energy/Efficiency/ and Duration are being increased or decreased on my Warframe? I'm not saying lets take every single Warframe and make the Developers go though allot of math too tell us the exact specifics on how long certain skills last (witch would be great) but at least tell us how much certain things are being increased/decreased on our Warframes.

Its very tedious when your working with "Corrupt Mods" too try and figure out what will work best when trying too make your perfect frame, and sure again we could do it ourselves but I find this kind of depressing since our weapons got allot of attention and our Tenno did not.

So do you agree on my point fellow Tenno?

absolutely agree. please implement spreadsheets for warframes. :P

Not spreadsheets... I think the OP is more looking for something of this nature:

Example Warframe with No Mods adding Max Flow and Max Fleeting Expertise (for reference).

Health 100

Armour 50

Shield 100

-Recharge: 100%

Stamina: 100

Energy 100 > 250

Speed 1.0

Strength 100%

Range 100% 

Duration 100% > 40%

Effeciency 100% > 160%

NOTE: The percentages listed are overall, and so you would still have to do some math, and know each ability's base statistics

EDIT: Added Shield and Stamina Recharge

Edited by Angelus_de_Mortiel

Not spreadsheets... I think the OP is more looking for something of this nature:

Example Warframe with No Mods adding Max Flow and Max Fleeting Expertise (for reference).

Health 100

Armour 50

Shield 100

Stamina: 100

Energy 100 > 250

Speed 1.0

Strength 100%

Range 100% 

Duration 100% > 40%

Effeciency 100% > 160%

NOTE: The percentages listed are for the Warframe overall, and so you would still have to do some math, and know each ability's base statistics

EDIT: Added Shield and Stamina Recharge

Then DE also needs to add the stats of the abilities affected on to the UI. That is a lot of space needed on the screen in order to display all the information we need

Then DE also needs to add the stats of the abilities affected on to the UI. That is a lot of space needed on the screen in order to display all the information we need

As Momaw posted (with brilliant artistic rendering, I might add), you could click on the symbol for each power to see it's stats. I think the power symbols up there are a complete waste of space otherwise.

I'd love to simply see Run speed and shield recharge rate: The things we can't calculate as easily as power efficiency and strength. But that's just me.

^

This. A modern game with real depth is always going to have a surface level that casual players are concerned with to get moving, and a nitty-gritty level where it's reasonable to go learn a little on the wiki after you've been hooked.

Most of this stuff like duration and range are fine at the surface level where someone says they want a bigger AoE so they slap on a mod that says it'll be 40% bigger.

The stuff that messes with a player who relies on the U.I. will be things they can't just eyeball. How long do my shields take to come back? How far can I wall run? How fast will my HP regen? How often will parry give me a counter? How much power will a melee swing cost? How often will I proc element X vs elements Y and Z?

Edited by VKhaun

Great idea but how to go back to the base stats?

My intent was that the stick figure on the left side of the row would be your Warframe stats. See how it's got a selection box around in the first image, that's showing your warframe stats?

Edited by Momaw

Technically it shouldn't be much math because the math has already been done by them in order to use these stats in game.

Not to mention, wfbuilder already offers us this info, although having to refer to it every time is very inconvinient =(

I don't see why DE couldn't implement this feature.

-snip-

oh i'm well aware of what he's asking for and quite in-line with the thinking that has been shown so far on this thread.

i was just trying to make a bit of a joke. :P

i still maintain we need a sarcasm font. 

+1 for this thread.

oh i'm well aware of what he's asking for and quite in-line with the thinking that has been shown so far on this thread.

i was just trying to make a bit of a joke. :P

i still maintain we need a sarcasm font.

I thought sarcasm font was caps+italics+bold+underline