Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows... Breeding... Huh? Confusion

CatPhoenix

Question

Could some one tell me if I have all my information here correct on breeding.  By using imprints, you can have a chance to have the following same attributes as the parents:

head fur pattern

head furl color

body fur pattern

body fur color

size

Using two identical imprints does not give 100% change of getting the same kubrow, there is about a 10% chance of different body type.

Mixing types/breeds does... what?

Is there a way to guarantee what kubrow type one can possibly get with imprints?  I'm trying to collect all four types just to collect things, and as much as I might be tempted to do a random, there's that 25% chance I'll get the same kind.

And one last thing, is there anything special about my current kubrow? (common, uncommon, rare?)

2014_09_09_00001.jpg

Thank you for any answers to my questions!

6 answers to this question

Could some one tell me if I have all my information here correct on breeding.  By using imprints, you can have a chance to have the following same attributes as the parents:

head fur pattern

head furl color

body fur pattern

body fur color

size

Using two identical imprints does not give 100% change of getting the same kubrow, there is about a 10% chance of different body type.

Mixing types/breeds does... what?

Is there a way to guarantee what kubrow type one can possibly get with imprints?  I'm trying to collect all four types just to collect things, and as much as I might be tempted to do a random, there's that 25% chance I'll get the same kind.

And one last thing, is there anything special about my current kubrow? (common, uncommon, rare?)

2014_09_09_00001.jpg

Thank you for any answers to my questions!

head fur pattern - -|

head furl color - - -|

body fur pattern - -|     you have around a 60% chance of obtaining the exact same kubrow when you use 2 identical imprints

body fur color - - -|

size - - - - - - - - - - |

Using two identical imprints does not give 100% change of getting the same kubrow *Correct* (60%), there is about a 10% chance of different body type *Correct*.

Mixing types/breeds does... what? - takes genes from both imprints and does what RNG does worse :D

^not really because like most systems in warframe its build partially on a RNG system^

and no not really. i dont see anything special about your kubrow besides the lotus mark witch you can easily put on

Edited by DiBBz

... i dont see anything special about your kubrow besides the lotus mark witch you can easily put on ...

How do you do that? I haven't seen any Lotus patterns in the market and I thought DE stated they had no intention of adding them to the market.

How do you do that? I haven't seen any Lotus patterns in the market and I thought DE stated they had no intention of adding them to the market.

Thats not a lotus pattern, its bodystripes. Bodystripes goes from the head down to the back legs, only looks like a lotus but its a optical illusion. And it seems you cant use a pattern from kubrow A on kubrow B. Its in the genes.

It isn't a lotus mark, believe me, if it was, I would be selling the imprints for platinum and just buy a bunch of eggs and cross my fingers.  The face has some sort of stripes on it too, I think... I can't say for certain, the kubrow is currently in stasis, and that's the best screenshot I can make of it.

So, there's no way of increasing my odds of getting all four kubrows with imprinting at all?  That sounds really strange