Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maxed Serration. Is It Really That Necessary?

Mikozof

Seeing all of you with your maxed serrations, heavy calibers and such kinda made me feel small, but with a humble rank 4 serration I've killed all bosses with not much difficulty, went through a 40min T4 survival and i almost always end up doing between 25%-50% of the damage, even with rank 16s on the team

Sure, it's fun one-shotting everything, but do you really need to max up these mods to enjoy warframe?

Edited by Mikozof

yes because 40 minutes is not enough.

you know it and you'll more than an hour

Example in intercept:

enemies in

round 10 =  around lvl 50

round 20 = around lvl 100-200+

Survival 1 hour + its really differend game (and from here you will know without damaging the damage you just walk around anemies)

definetly to someone i just play at a lower level...

Edited by -CZ-Plutos

No you don't at all. I've used a rank 7 for a very long time. And made another fresh full serration a few months ago just because I could.

At least in terms of being able to clear all the game's content you don't, but it helps in getting longer time during endless missions should you wanna go over the 60 min mark(which is entirely optional).

My advice is, just take it as far as YOU feel you need to. And don;t worry about the rest.

Point of maxed Serration is that you maxed it. It is not a small feat for a new player that is constantly lacking cores and credits.

Rank 6-7 Serration is sweet spot for generic levels and random groups. If you want to play longass and boring Void runs, you will probably need maxed one with some meta 4-5 Formaed weapon.

For random gameplay you dont have to bother with maxing, but for something more "pro" ( one of the words is hate using ) you will need maxed one.

Edited by RoboDoge

Seeing all of you with your maxed serrations, heavy calibers and such kinda made me feel small, but with a humble rank 4 serration I've killed all bosses with not much difficulty, went through a 40min T4 survival and i almost always end up doing between 25%-50% of the damage, even with rank 16s on the team

Sure, it's fun one-shotting everything, but do you really need to max up these mods to enjoy warframe?

Just something for you to keep in mind. Many of the high mastery rank guys/gals bring weaker "leveling" weapons to games they join and are actually letting you take more kills because they want to mooch XP from you. There comes a point where getting the most kills in every mission isn't the highest priority anymore. It's a win win, because you get the joy of killing stuff and they have an easy time ranking up weapons.

That being said, when it comes to maxing out mods and your rank 4 serration, it also depends on the weapon you're using too. In the case of a soma (not saying I would recommend doing this as a main build) I was putting my point strike and vital sense in my build first when leveling it, the serration came later when I had enough points to fit it in. I imagine with bows the same thing can be done.

EDIT: as Dasmir mentioned above, the elemental mods and high status chance builds help too.

Edited by sushidubya

Just something for you to keep in mind. Many of the high mastery rank guys/gals bring weaker "leveling" weapons to games they join and are actually letting you take more kills because they want to mooch XP from you. There comes a point where getting the most kills in every mission isn't the highest priority anymore. It's a win win, because you get the joy of killing stuff and they have an easy time ranking up weapons.

That being said, when it comes to maxing out mods and your rank 4 serration, it also depends on the weapon you're using too. In the case of a soma (not saying I would recommend doing this as a main build) I was putting my point strike and vital sense in my build first when leveling it, the serration came later when I had enough points to fit it in. I imagine with bows the same thing can be done.

EDIT: as Dasmir mentioned above, the elemental mods and high status chance builds help too.

Shhhhh. They should never know the truth about MR17 proleech tactics. Let them look at us like holy warriors that are capable of greatness. :)

Edited by RoboDoge

Not unless you plan on going to stupidly long survivals or defences. You know, past what the game is balanced or the lulz. oh and making it easier to level low ranked weapons.

I've had a rank 5 serration for a while now and too be honest I hardly ever use it. In most cases just modding for the right elements works out fine even into the longer T4 void runs.

So, its not necessary, just has its uses.

I have mine sitting at rank 9 and I'll probably keep it there for a while longer.

Each rank up of a mod requires the same total fusion you have already put into that mod, plus one duplicate.

All that for 15% extra base damage seems to be a bit much, even if I have more than enough resources to max one out from scratch.

Heavy cal is even less appealing since it comes with that nasty accuracy penalty. Plus the fact that 2 elementals gives you only 10% less damage than heavy cal and one elemental. Assuming you miss more than 10% of your shots due heavy cal, serration and two elements is superior to serration, heavy cal and one element.

serration is very much needed at max lvl for you to enjoy a weapons full power so is hornet strike. anyone says otherwise is just plain lying. lvl 100 enemies with a weapon with only a half maxed -7/10 of the way  serration or heavy cal magnum force hornet strike ect, is just begging to be be spanked for being stupid.

when you solo survivals no matter how well you think your frame is modded or how tough you think it is, past the 25 mins in things gets  really difficult. a lot more energy leachers in mobs accompanied by shooters with high bleed proc. your puny invis or iron skin or your high armor hysteria build, starts giving you diminished returns when there is no energy orbs or health laying around to save you.

play a little longer than the 5-10 mins you normally do, go past the 25 mins mark,thats where the fun is.

I have mine sitting at rank 9 and I'll probably keep it there for a while longer.

Each rank up of a mod requires the same total fusion you have already put into that mod, plus one duplicate.

All that for 15% extra base damage seems to be a bit much, even if I have more than enough resources to max one out from scratch.

Heavy cal is even less appealing since it comes with that nasty accuracy penalty. Plus the fact that 2 elementals gives you only 10% less damage than heavy cal and one elemental. Assuming you miss more than 10% of your shots due heavy cal, serration and two elements is superior to serration, heavy cal and one element.

Depending on the weapon that inaccuracy has its uses. Ironically, the only time I use heavy cal it is for the inaccuracy, the extra dmg just being icing on the cake.

Eg,Torid+multishot+HC (rank 4 or 5) gives good spread and covers more area. Less essential now that the torid has its AOE increased and can use fire storm. Still useful though.

Plus the fact that 2 elementals gives you only 10% less damage than heavy cal and one elemental. Assuming you miss more than 10% of your shots due heavy cal, serration and two elements is superior to serration, heavy cal and one element.

Lol no, doesnt work like that.

serration is very much needed at max lvl for you to enjoy a weapons full power so is hornet strike. anyone says otherwise is just plain lying. lvl 100 enemies with a weapon with only a half maxed -7/10 of the way serration or heavy cal magnum force hornet strike ect, is just begging to be be spanked for being stupid.

when you solo survivals no matter how well you think your frame is modded or how tough you think it is, past the 25 mins in things gets really difficult. a lot more energy leachers in mobs accompanied by shooters with high bleed proc. your puny invis or iron skin or your high armor hysteria build, starts giving you diminished returns when there is no energy orbs or health laying around to save you.

play a little longer than the 5-10 mins you normally do, go past the 25 mins mark,thats where the fun is.

There is nothing about what you said I agree with. By the time you hit lvl 100 enemies (in fact well before that) you are way passed what the devs balance for. I've never needed serration at all, let alone a maxed one to run 60ish minute survivals/long defenses. The only reason I even go that long is normally just to squeeze out a bit of a challenge because enemy scaling is ridiculous. Most of the time I don't even bother.

All you really need 90% of the time is to mod for the right elements and run with a good team or play well with your frame of choice. Personally blind rage banshee and my trusty sybaris or grinlock gets me pretty far with that 11x dmg bonus on sonar.

Serration is really utility, for me at least. When I'm lvling weapons etc.

Edited by StinkyPygmy