Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Thunderbolt For The Bow Good?

(XBOX)RationalParadox

Question

15 answers to this question

Older threads show that it is bad at higher levels. Is this still true or has it changed?

Lower levels it's pretty boss, however at higher levels you might want to instead use that slot/mod capacity points for more strength/crit stats/elements and so on. The problem lies in the fact that even at max level, Thunderbolt has a relatively low proc chance (which is fine). This means you're giving up consistent or at least more consistent damage output for a low-ish chance for your arrow to explode.

However, don't count it out completely. If you get the Attica, a thunderbolt based build is pretty fun and epic.

Here's a pretty good build for it (albeit tons of forma)

Edit: not sure if this'll work for you console guys though yet. but it's something to keep in mind.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I don't even... Ugh... OK get mirage use hall of mirrors, Attica, thunderbolt, split chamber then beef up the rest of it with whatever you like, hall of mirrors shoots out 5 bolts, 10 if you trigger split chamber, you basically carpet bomb maps with this combo... Each thunderbolt triggers independently too ergo you just get massive explosions. On bows it's not very good on that specific Attica/mirage combo it's godly.

A good combination for you guys to expect to come soon would be the Mirage + Attica combo.

With Hall Of Mirrors, you seem to work like an A-10 Warthog and deliver airstrikes. As thunderbolt deals fixed damage, all your clones will deal the same damage instead of being reduced like other weapons, making it a really powerful combo.

The attitude is more of like being disappointed in PC players giving bad info, if you don't know a weapons strengths or weaknesses that's fine just don't give blatantly bad info out that's not cool. If I came off rude or whatever my bad but I just feel like bad mouthing one of the funnest weapons out there is lame.

The attitude is more of like being disappointed in PC players giving bad info, if you don't know a weapons strengths or weaknesses that's fine just don't give blatantly bad info out that's not cool. If I came off rude or whatever my bad but I just feel like bad mouthing one of the funnest weapons out there is lame.

Ah, understandable but for the most part people aren't giving bad info. MOST bows don't benefit alot from thunderbolt at higher levels. However as you and a few others (including me) stated, Attica works very well with it. BUT that's only for us PC users currently anyway I think. I'm unsure if they buffed the Attica on PS4 and XB1 yet.

Edited by SoulEchelon