Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentients System

danielbacon

I just had the idea to look up Blue star system's ( the color of the system's star the Orokin attacked in Mag prime's codex page) near or close to Sol.   Form what I can tell its ether Sirius A or Gamma Velorum if its some what near Sol at less, but I'm not my star mapping brother so I may be just making a fool of myself here. But if that's the case what do you think of the idea of it being one of those two, or one I didn't list and what do you think would be there by that mini story in Mag Prime's codex page has?  I'm just curious to see what else someone can dig up, and or point out.

It could be any star at all--we have NO idea how long the timeline of the game is.

Suppose the probability that it takes place billions of years in the future. How many stars could've been created in that time frame? How many would be blue? How many existing ones could turn blue?

We haven't any idea how far away warframe takes place, so there's really no good guesses on that at all.

It could be any star at all--we have NO idea how long the timeline of the game is.

Suppose the probability that it takes place billions of years in the future. How many stars could've been created in that time frame? How many would be blue? How many existing ones could turn blue?

We haven't any idea how far away warframe takes place, so there's really no good guesses on that at all.

We kinda do though. We have enough evidence to suggest the amount of time passed since modern times is most likely in the thousands.

We kinda do though. We have enough evidence to suggest the amount of time passed since modern times is most likely in the thousands.

The only evidence I've ever heard cited for that is the skin used on the planet earth, and it's entirely reasonable to suppose they only used that skin because they want it to be immediately recognizable to players.

The only evidence I've ever heard cited for that is the skin used on the planet earth, and it's entirely reasonable to suppose they only used that skin because they want it to be immediately recognizable to players.

Well for a start, the sun is still more or less the same size, from everything we can tell ingame. So, billions of years is unlikely.

Planet orbits, sizes, number of satellites and general geography as more or less the same too, again, from everything we can see ingame.

Orokin derelicts are stated as being thousands of years old ("deep within this millennia-old orokin ship" etc.); we don't know how long the orokin empire lasted, and we don't know when the orokin fled the system and went into the void. But if we know the derelicts are thousands of years old, that at least gives us a minimum.

I dunno. I'm tired. I had more to back up what I was saying, but I forgot it.

My point is that billions of years is unlikely, but we can at least know it wasn't just hundreds.