Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There's Already A Quick Melee. How About Adding Quick Primary/secondary?

KuroShiranui

So when we equip a primary or a secondary, you can do quick melee. But when using melee weapons, you're stuck with that single weapon itself. 

Changing weapons during a shootout can be a bit clunky and time-consuming, I don't tend to switch weapons whenever i'm surrounded, but sometimes I'd be forced to such situations. I've used both switch gun and switch melee, still would not use them unless i'm on cover.

Perhaps a quick primary and secondary keybind should be added whenever we're using melee weapons. It would be nice to slash enemies while also being able to shoot far-away enemies on the fly, as you can do with primary/secondary weapons with quick melee.

EDIT: You only need one additional key - while in melee or while holding your primary, pressing the QuickGun button makes you draw and shoot your secondary. When holding your secondary you quickfire your primary. -Suggested by Eudamon.

With that in mind, perhaps quick secondary can also be applied to primary weapon as well. Using primary alongside secondary weapons would increase gameplay variety a bit more. And when switching to secondary, one can use quick primary and quick melee on the fly.

It may be done with some limitations though, such as being unable to zoom in, reduced accuracy, increased recoil, unable to reload before emptying the clip and such. As with quick melee which is limited to 2-hit combo. There would be also some delay when holstering such quick weapons into firing position, but the delay should not be long as switching to other weapons.

Edit: Anyway, is this topic supposed to be on the Weapons Feedback section? If yes, then I am sorry and the mods may move it there.

Edited by KuroShiranui

I second that suggestion.

And you only need one additional key - while in melee or while holding your primary, pressing the QuickGun button makes you draw and shoot your secondary. When holding your secondary you quickfire your primary.

Aha, that's neat. Perhaps I'll include your points in the OP.

That'd be cool.... but how do you do a quick bow shot??? xD

I only wish for quick melee block instead, much less animation sequence trouble since it was available before melee 2.0

Perhaps charged weapons would still be chargeable in quickfire, similar to how one can do charged melee before Melee 2.0. Besides, thrown weapons also have charge/throwing attacks implemented on quick melee.

Actually, one of the reasons I wanted this is because I would block incoming attacks while still being able shoot things. Okay perhaps there's already Reflex Guard for that, but it's kinda buggy for me. :/

Edited by KuroShiranui

It's my opinion that we should have a feature where we can hold down a key to quick-draw our secondary weapon and shoot/aim/reload it while this key is held, with the weapon being holstered when we release the key. This feature would be limited to "light" secondaries i.e. only single pistols and thrown sharp things (dual pistols and uber-pistols like the Marelok and Stug would be promoted to Primary type weapons).    With the current mechanics and the painful transition time between weapons, you don't really have a secondary weapon, you have two main weapons that use different ammo types.

+1 support this idea. maybe quick secondaries only, since i can hardly imagine how to quickly fire some heavy lauchers.

Good point. Maybe omit launchers from quickfire then?

It's my opinion that we should have a feature where we can hold down a key to quick-draw our secondary weapon and shoot/aim/reload it while this key is held, with the weapon being holstered when we release the key. This feature would be limited to "light" secondaries i.e. only single pistols and thrown sharp things (dual pistols and uber-pistols like the Marelok and Stug would be promoted to Primary type weapons).    With the current mechanics and the painful transition time between weapons, you don't really have a secondary weapon, you have two main weapons that use different ammo types.

Oh, you mean a key modifier sort-of. So it's a hold instead of a toggle.

Nice idea, hopefully our fingers won't tire due to sustained secondary firing XD