Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Overpriced?

(XBOX)icurehangovers

Disagree completely.

Haven't read the whole thread, but no doubt people have already bought up the points about DE needing to make money to stay in business, so I won't rehash that.

Notice how weapons/frames are really pricey, and stuff like cosmetics or inventory slots, or even potatoes are really cheap in comparison?

Because the former items you are supposed to acquire by playing the game, just like any other game, you play to get better equipment. Paying to get them instantly is an added bonus.

DE are completely ethical in this aspect. You literally do not have to spend a cent to play the majority of the game. The 50P you are given to start with is enough to get extra frame or weapon slots. Everything else you can acquire by playing.

(Not to mention you can get platinum by trading items.)

I've spent just $50 on the prime access bundle and I have more platinum than I know what to do with. $50 is totally a fair deal for this game.

It's worth reiterating for PC players that can get 75% plat discounts, there are NO discounts on consoles.  Consider that when you ponder the question "is plat overpriced?"

Really? That's pretty bad... Personally I would've never bought plat if it weren't for a discount.

Disagree completely.

Haven't read the whole thread, but no doubt people have already bought up the points about DE needing to make money to stay in business, so I won't rehash that.

Notice how weapons/frames are really pricey, and stuff like cosmetics or inventory slots, or even potatoes are really cheap in comparison?

So you think they need to make money but pricing the things people might actually impulse buy outside of reasonable/impulse-buy price ranges is a good idea.  That doesn't even begin to approach anything resembling logic.

With things being so over-priced, I will probably never buy anything.  That's $0.  If things were reasonably priced, people would be spending less per item, but they would spend more in the long run. I don't recall ever spending more than $30 on one item/bundle in DFO, but I spent hundreds of dollars in that game and plan on doing so again when it rereleases.

Really? That's pretty bad... Personally I would've never bought plat if it weren't for a discount.

Yeah, it is true. A lot of the stuff would be reasonable if it were 25% of it's current price. I would probably buy the stalker pack for a 1/4th of its current price.  It's not that I can't afford it at the current price; the current price is just not reasonable for what you get.

The only thing you will need platinum for is slots and some platinum to trade for mods you don't want to "grind" for.  Once you get a decent set of mods for your weapon and get Rhino, you can just earn everything else in the game.

As a side note, I find it humorous that some don't want to spend the time "grinding" to get items in the game.  Did you ever play FFXI during the first couple years after release?  THAT is grinding.  Some relics took years to obtain.

Edit:  Not saying Rhino is required, but he is one of the earliest frames and one of the best solo frames.

Edited by (PS4)LunaticGunner

The only thing you will need platinum for is slots and some platinum to trade for mods you don't want to "grind" for.  Once you get a decent set of mods for your weapon and get Rhino, you can just earn everything else in the game.

As a side note, I find it humorous that some don't want to spend the time "grinding" to get items in the game.  Did you ever play FFXI during the first couple years after release?  THAT is grinding.  Some relics took years to obtain.

That's like saying it is okay to shoot someone because at least you didn't shoot then stab them.  A negative isn't excused just because something else is doing it worse.