Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De, Please Let Me Buy Specific Items Of Prime Access

Luxangel7

Dear Devs,

I have a lot of Platinum and I am blessed to say that real life money isn't tight for me (although I'm not rich or anything). Basically, I'm comfortable in real life and in game as well.

However, much to my dismay, you guys and gals release awesome stuff periodically that you can get ONLY by paying real life money sometimes. Now my problem isn't that you are locking certain "exclusive" items behind a paywall, but rather that I am forced to spend the sum of an entire package if I just want ONE item.

For example, I would be very very happy to purchase a Prime Daman Sugatra. However, I can't justify spending 50$ only for a sugatra when I don't particularly care for the sentinel accessories or want the boosters.

Please please please allow us to purchase individual items, at least in the accessories packs of prime access, without having to buy into the whole package.

And even better if you can also give us an option to spend platinum to get these accessories and stuff. I mean, Platinum is bought with real money right? So why not? Players like me, who want to support you so they have lots of platinum, but prefer to earn and build everything to enjoy the game, are sitting on large reserves of Plat with little to nothing to spend it on :(

Can you imagine if I went into a Ferrari dealership and if I wanted to buy just a keychain for my car I had to also buy a hat , a jacket and sunglasses?

(*note: don't actually own a Ferrari)

Allowing us to buy individual items like this would not only make your customers happy, but would also allow you to tap into the segment of consumers that until now are not giving you any money because they don't want to pay for things they don't want.

As always, if anyone has the time to read this over and at least consider it I thank you for your time, I know you guys and ladies at DE are always extremely busy and regardless of whether you can implement this change, my sincerest thanks for all the great work you do to bring this awesome game universe alive for us.

P.S. - Can't wait to be flying Gundam Tenno style in the next update! ermagerd! :D

Edited by LuxAngel7

This is highly unlikely to happen.

Exclusivity is the reason why some of the players have invested their money into these packs. The Founder's Package is an example.

Some people have even wanted to sue DE if they ever re-release such exclusive things.

Moreover, it is these exclusivity that serves as the incentive for people to actually buy the Prime Access packs.

Unfortunately I'm as poor as a church mouse so I could not afford any of these. But the good thing is that almost all of the exclusives are cosmetic. I can live without that.

Edited by X3Evanescence

Not to be harsh but DE would never do this.

It removes all the exclusivity of prime access and just makes the items a market item like any other you can purchase.

Just another Wednesday weekly release.

I would hazard a guess that Prime Access is a big earner for DE and part of the reason why people buy it is because of the exclusive limited edition items. ( I know I am a big sucker for such things)

DE were kind enough this time to add in a exclusives pack that has all the special elements except the Loki prime avatar. This lets people who dont want the platinum or/and like to earn the frames in game get what they want.

To chop that up just because you want one part of it ruins the whole thing.

Edited by MDRLOz

DE are known to not re-release. Speaking of re-release I feel like a loner because all 3 of you are Founders .-.

I'm not asking them to re-release anything, if they did make a change like this I kinda have a feeling they wouldn't change it for the current packs which expire in less than a week. Probably not even the next one. But if they at least announced they were changing it, I would probably be motivated to get the accessories pack *this time* and in the future not have to worry about it.

And don't feel like a loner! We can be friends, who cares who's a founder? "one of us...one of us..."  :P

It removes all the exclusivity of prime access and just makes the items a market item like any other you can purchase.

I would hazard a guess that Prime Access is a big earner for DE and part of the reason why people buy it is because of the exclusive limited edition items.

DE were kind enough this time to add in a exclusives pack that has all the special elements except the loki prime avatar.

With that mindset I wouldn't want to invest in any part of prime access. It can still be a big earner for DE. Boosters are not exactly necessary nor exclusives. If thats taken out to reduce the pricing a bit then I would happily buy accessories . 

Won't happen, sry.

What an excellent, insightful response. What's it like to work for DE? lol

I would hazard a guess that Prime Access is a big earner for DE and part of the reason why people buy it is because of the exclusive limited edition items. ( I know I am a big sucker for such things)

DE were kind enough this time to add in a exclusives pack that has all the special elements except the loki prime avatar.

I don't understand why allowing us to buy certain items would remove any exclusivity. They are still bought items, whether with real money or platinum, and they still expire after a while never to return. How does breaking up the accessories (of which there are only really two, the rest are filler booster packs) make it any less exclusive?

Unless you believe that we should be paying exorbitant amounts of money more than what we want for items we don't need just so we can be more "exclusive"?

With that mindset I wouldn't want to invest in any part of prime access. It can still be a big earner for DE. Boosters are not exactly necessary nor exclusives. If thats taken out to reduce the pricing a bit then I would happily buy accessories . 

I don't understand why allowing us to buy certain items would remove any exclusivity. They are still bought items, whether with real money or platinum, and they still expire after a while never to return. How does breaking up the accessories (of which there are only really two, the rest are filler booster packs) make it any less exclusive?

Unless you believe that we should be paying exorbitant amounts of money more than what we want for items we don't need just so we can be more "exclusive"?

I am not a financial adviser, marketing expert or economist (Not sure which job it would be to work this out, personally I am a scientist), however even I can see the desire or draw that can be designed and measured.

You want just one little thing the exclusive stuff and so you would pay what 300 Plat for each bit? ( I will use plat because its universal between us all here). Now how many people will buy it at that price? Probably a lot. However I bet a lot people would still buy if it was more expensive lets say 1000 plat. Less people than at the cheap price but there probably is a sweet spot where they can earn the most money.

Those boosters are a ridiculously good deal when you convert them into platinum.

7 day booster = 80 Plat

90 Days / 7 Days = 12.86

12.86 SETS OF 7 DAYS

80 * 12.86

2 TYPES OF BOOSTERS in pack

2057.6 Platinum cost of that many boosters.

Now I know you don't want those boosters but some people do. I like them even though I don't have that much to level these days.

Maybe if they offered variety in the boosters? I would love some resource boosters in their as it would cost 2k plat to get an equal amount of resource boosters for that time period.

However can I say we are working about this backwards. DE closed its founders program and replaced it with a new one which was called prime access. This also gave them a way to give people discounted platinum and get in game stuff. However they wanted to reward people who bought into those packages so they added special rewards. Now you want rewards without the price. That ruins the concept completely. The original prime access, founders, basically kick-started and funded the early development. So we know that people are willing and want to support this game through that model and DE is able to be funded through the model.

Just want to say that I love limited edition stuff and if they did do what you want I would get what I want for a lot cheaper than I spend now. So far I am Founder Tier 3, Ember Access Tier 3, Rhino Access Tier 3, Loki Access Tier 3 and throw in a limited edition Excalibur Statue. I wish I spent double again to become tier 4 founder, Lato prime you haunt my dreams! (As I said I am a "limited edition" sucker). I do all of that for sweet exclusive shineys (I am an idiot on the last one because I could have just bought accessories pack as I doubt I will use Loki avatar, love you cal prime). I am also by no means well off money wise but I am not destitute either. However I prefer prime access exclusive to stay a bit pricey. I do get some satisfaction knowing that I am supporting DE making the game I enjoy.

Edited by MDRLOz

I am not a financial adviser, marketing expert or economist (Not sure which job it would be to work this out, personally I am a scientist), however even I can see the desire or draw that can be designed and measured.

You want just one little thing the exclusive stuff and so you would pay what 300 Plat for each bit? ( I will use plat because its universal between us all here). Now how many people will buy it at that price? Probably a lot. However I bet a lot people would still buy if it was more expensive lets say 1000 plat. Less people than at the cheap price but there probably is a sweet spot where they can earn the most money.

Those boosters are a ridiculously good deal when you convert them into platinum.

7 day booster = 80 Plat

90 Days / 7 Days = 12.86

12.86 SETS OF 7 DAYS

80 * 12.86

Now I know you don't want those boosters but some people do. I like them even though I don't have that much to level these days.

Maybe if they offered variety in the boosters? I would love some resource boosters in their as it would cost 2k plat to get an equal amount of resource boosters for that time period.

However can I say we are working about this backwards. DE closed its founders program and replaced it with a new one which was called prime access. This also gave them a way to give people discounted platinum and get in game stuff. However they wanted to reward people who bought into those packages so they added special rewards. Now you want rewards without the price. That ruins the concept completely. The original prime access, founders, basically kick-started and funded the early development. So we know that people are willing and want to support this game through that model and DE is able to be funded through the model.

Just want to say that I love limited edition stuff and if they did do what you want I would get what I want for a lot cheaper than I spend now. So far I am Founder Tier 3, Ember Access Tier 3, Rhino Access Tier 3, Loki Access Tier 3 and throw in a limited edition Excalibur Statue. I wish I spent double again to become tier 4 founder, Lato prime you haunt my dreams! (As I said I am a "limited edition" sucker). I do all of that for sweet exclusive shineys (I am an idiot on the last one because I could have just bought accessories pack as I doubt I will use Loki avatar, love you cal prime). I am also by no means well off money wise but I am not destitute either. However I prefer prime access exclusive to stay a bit pricey. I do get some satisfaction knowing that I am supporting DE making the game I enjoy.

Sorry but I disagree with calling any items, exclusive or not, "rewards". I bought into the founders program myself, and I can definitely tell you that I did not get Excalibur Prime as a "reward". I bought it. It was one of the main reasons behind me purchasing the tier I did.

If anything, the founder icons both in game and in forums could be viewed as rewards, but not something that is a tangible item in the game.

This is an especially slippery slope, right now we're talking about cosmetic accessories, but what happens when you can only get that one weapon you really want by spending 50$, or worse, a warframe is locked behind prime access?

At the very least, they should include a platinum buy option, and if they want to do the best of all worlds, then they should allow for single purchases.

You can still have the incentive of a package, just like with standard packs on the market.

For example:

Daman Prime Sugatra: 15$

Prime Sentinel Accessories: 15$

Booster xp: 15$

Booster creds: 15$

Complete Accessory Pack: 50$

Not actually suggesting they follow those numbers, I just threw it down as an example.

7 day booster = 80 Plat

90 Days / 7 Days = 12.86

12.86 SETS OF 7 DAYS

80 * 12.86

Alright fair enough. Then why not create a separate pack that does not include boosters, just accessories, while still maintaining the current pack with boosters. Would giving more options to consumers be so detrimental? 

Sorry but I disagree with calling any items, exclusive or not, "rewards". I bought into the founders program myself, and I can definitely tell you that I did not get Excalibur Prime as a "reward". I bought it. It was one of the main reasons behind me purchasing the tier I did.

Ok then. Well if you want to buy the prime access items the price set and they are there. We are just haggling over the price.

Some things come in bundles for reasons. You cant go into a super market find a pack of washing up powder tablets and tell the clerk you want one out of the box. They would stare at you confused. We live in the age of excess and bundles; so you need to buy the pack, and DE has no reason to break it down so you can buy that one bit. At the end of day DE is running a business. As I said this model is making them money, if is not or they think it would be beneficial for them to make more money then we will see a change in the next prime access. We shall have to wait and see. However if this method is making them enough money and hitting projections/expectations then you must abide by it.

This is an especially slippery slope, right now we're talking about cosmetic accessories, but what happens when you can only get that one weapon you really want by spending 50$, or worse, a warframe is locked behind prime access?

Nah that's going backwards. DE learned that lesson from founders. Due to two weapons and one frame being locked by exclusive access people never stop asking for it. From now we will probably only see cosmetic and side stuff on the prime access (e.g. attachments and extractors, that kind of thing). I doubt we would ever get a repeat of that.

At the very least, they should include a platinum buy option, and if they want to do the best of all worlds, then they should allow for single purchases.

Alright fair enough. Then why not create a separate pack that does not include boosters, just accessories, while still maintaining the current pack with boosters. Would giving more options to consumers be so detrimental? 

Hmmm a platinum option would be interesting. However I still would not say to break up prime accessories to much.

Also it ruins the whole thing if you can pick an choose the one bit you want.

Maybe a in-game platinum purchasable pack would be OK. It would contain, Daman Prime Sugatra, Prime Sentinel Accessories and Loki prime avatar. However I would say it would have to be a pretty high platinum cost. 

I really think you folks are under estimating the allure of a limited exclusive item with some premium element attached to it. People like that special secert indulge they splurged some cash over. By letting someone else buy that one bit very cheaply you give more people the ability to get it and it becomes less interesting. Sorry if that sounds elitist (it does) but that is part of what shift these packs.

Like I said early lets wait and see on the 26th when DE releases the next pack. Last time we had the accessory stuff added in as an option. If things change then DE is clearly wanting more people to get what they want. If they don't then this is a making them acceptable amount of money and they are happy to continue.

Edited by MDRLOz

Ok then. Well if you want to buy the prime access items the price set and they are there. We are just haggling over the price.

Some things come in bundles for reasons. You cant go into a super market find a pack of washing up powder tablets and tell the clerk you want one out of the box. They would stare at you confused. We live in the age of excess and bundles; so you need to buy the pack, and DE has no reason to break it down so you can buy that one bit. At the end of day DE is running a business. As I said this model is making them money, if is not or they think it would be beneficial for them to make more money then we will see a change in the next prime access. We shall have to wait and see. However if this method is making them enough money and hitting projections/expectations then you must abide by it.

Nah that's going backwards. DE learned that lesson from founders. Due to two weapons and one frame being locked by exclusive access people never stop asking for it. From now we will probably only see cosmetic and side stuff on the prime access (e.g. attachments and extractors, that kind of thing). I doubt we would ever get a repeat of that.

Hmmm a platinum option would be interesting. However I still would not say to break up prime accessories to much.

Also it ruins the whole thing if you can pick an choose the one bit you want.

Maybe a in-game platinum purchasable pack would be OK. It would contain, Daman Prime Sugatra, Prime Sentinel Accessories and Loki prime avatar. However I would say it would have to be a pretty high platinum cost. 

I really think you folks are under estimating the allure of a limited exclusive item with some premium element attached to it. People like that special secert indulge they splurged some cash over. By letting someone else buy that one bit very cheaply you give more people the ability to get it and it becomes less interesting. Sorry if that sounds elitist (it does) but that is part of what shift these packs.

Like I said early lets wait and see on the 26th when DE releases the next pack. Last time we had the accessory stuff added in as an option. If things change then DE is clearly wanting more people to get what they want. If they don't then this is a making them acceptable amount of money and they are happy to continue.

Dude are you serious? You're seriously going to compare a complete stand alone in game item to a single packet of dish washing fluid that comes in a box?

Come on man. That is not a valid example and you know it. If you want to follow your example then comparing asking for an individual cleaning packet would be like asking for the individual crafting material requirements for an item to be put on sale...

which...

oh wait...

right, they already have done.

My original example still holds, right now they are asking you to buy other complete items if you want a single item, and even if it were like you say, I've already pointed out that they do it anyway.

And yes, DE is a business, simply saying so doesn't somehow legitimize your opinion. I didn't say I want things for free, I made a suggestion that would possibly and probably increase the amount of money they make, not decrease it.

Dude are you serious? You're seriously going to compare a complete stand alone in game item to a single packet of dish washing fluid that comes in a box?

Come on man. That is not a valid example and you know it. If you want to follow your example then comparing asking for an individual cleaning packet would be like asking for the individual crafting material requirements for an item to be put on sale...

Aww man cut me some slack :P. I was just trying to think of something you have to buy in packs that made sense and would feel weird to buy in ones. Maybe toilet roll? Nah that's worse... ummm Underwear! No...  err a box of quality chocolates? That works I guess. Yeah you don't go in a shop and say I want one chocolate out of that box of milk tray (https://www.cadbury.co.uk/products/Milk-Tray-2412?p=2412).  Maybe you want a more expensive examples. Its like trying to buy a house but saying you only want the north facing side of each wall in every room or I just want the plumbing and nothing else. You could buy similar items to these but you cant buy exactly the same that are used in that set of houses.

Part of me agrees with you and supports you, mainly my wallet; but I don't listen to him much. Its never gonna fly however. I know you want them bad but if DE thinks that your changes could work for them or that it was unfair in to use the current model then they would change it. They can't on the current prime access as it  isclosing in less that a week. However estimations put the new one at releasing on the 26th and if it has changed then my wallet cheers. However if they don't change then you have your answer from DE.

Can you imagine if I went into a Ferrari dealership and if I wanted to buy just a keychain for my car I had to also buy a hat , a jacket and sunglasses?

Sorry, not going to happen.

The Prime Syndanas aren't the Ferarri keychain, they are the Ferarri.

They are the rare, expensive, beautiful sign of wealth and excess.

The prime frame, which you can get anywhere, is the keychain. Go to Walmart (the market tab), you'll see an official Ferrari keychain there.

Sorry, not going to happen.

The Prime Syndanas aren't the Ferarri keychain, they are the Ferarri.

They are the rare, expensive, beautiful sign of wealth and excess.

The prime frame, which you can get anywhere, is the keychain. Go to Walmart (the market tab), you'll see an official Ferrari keychain there.

Sorry but you your example is all messed up. It doesn't matter if the syndana, the frame or whatever else is the ferrari to you.

The basic concept is that they are requiring you buy multiple items if you want access to only one. Being rare, expensive or signs of wealth and excess have nothing to do with anything.

And before you try to be sarcastic and clever by telling me to go to Walmart, I would suggest you get your basic logic and facts straight. It never pays to rush ahead calling other fools while not even appreciating what you're arguing for or against.

Following your logic your corrected example would be "asking me to buy another three Ferraris if I want the red one over there".

It sounds like exclusive doesnt mean time limited/single chance items but rather overpriced stuff.

Also i made another post regarding matter, while i dont want to offer than much freedom in choice i propose some changes which would remove some unnecessary crap that is added to prime access and also probably boost sales.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/302541-prime-accessories/

Edited by Davoodoo

I would certainly appreciate the option to forgo the discount and buy individual pieces at full value. Mostly because I can't fathom paying to play the game less.

I wont pay a dime for a booster and thats majority of price behind prime accessories, any of prime access bundles is also priced that high due to amount of platinum attached which could be bought way cheaper than that prime access pack if you had 75% discount, so what really is prime access?? 4 overpriced bundles with only unique features being locked behind prime accessories(cosmetics) and most expensive bundle(icon) which also features accesories.

I wonder how many think like me.

Also i cant imagine anyone being excited about getting these boosters or plat, ppl are excited about bonuses because they are convinced they get them for free, i cant imagine anyone being stupid enough to believe that 110$ value behind prime accessories is mostly ->1 syandana<- and/or ->1 set of sentinel accessories<- and/or ->1 sugatra<- and 90 day booster is just few dollars hidden there somewhere.

I specifically pointed out those items since even most recent armor pack added in 14.6 gets more "content" in it and costs less than 15$.

Even exclusive excalibur skin costed less than 10$ though im not sure how much work exactly it took them to put old model from dark sector into warframe.

Syandanas 5$ each, except for illiac, 10p over 5$.

These are all prices before any discounts.

I honestly wouldnt mind paying 15-20$ for prime accessories without booster, its still at least twice as much compared to similiar cosmetics even without "special discount" from prime access ranging from 50 to around 63% on current packs(meaning that overall price would be probably 4 times their actual worth), but it would contain only things that interest me and clients like me would be faster to pay de for that meaning that while each of us pays less overall we bring some money instead of none.