Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De, Please Let Me Buy Specific Items Of Prime Access

Luxangel7

I wont pay a dime for a booster and thats majority of price behind prime accessories, any of prime access bundles is also priced that high due to amount of platinum attached which could be bought way cheaper than that prime access pack if you had 75% discount, so what really is prime access?? 4 overpriced bundles with only unique features being locked behind prime accessories(cosmetics) and most expensive bundle(icon) which also features accesories.

I wonder how many think like me.

Also i cant imagine anyone being excited about getting these boosters or plat, ppl are excited about bonuses because they are convinced they get them for free, i cant imagine anyone being stupid enough to believe that 110$ value behind prime accessories is mostly ->1 syandana<- and/or ->1 set of sentinel accessories<- and/or ->1 sugatra<- and 90 day booster is just few dollars hidden there somewhere.

I specifically pointed out those items since even most recent armor pack added in 14.6 gets more "content" in it and costs less than 15$.

Even exclusive excalibur skin costed less than 10$ though im not sure how much work exactly it took them to put old model from dark sector into warframe.

Syandanas 5$ each, except for illiac, 10p over 5$.

These are all prices before any discounts.

I honestly wouldnt mind paying 15-20$ for prime accessories without booster, its still at least twice as much compared to similiar cosmetics even without "special discount" from prime access ranging from 50 to around 63% on current packs(meaning that overall price would be probably 4 times their actual worth), but it would contain only things that interest me and clients like me would be faster to pay de for that meaning that while each of us pays less overall we bring some money instead of none.

Mmm. When I first saw the icon I started talking myself up to drop $50 on this game despite my dissatisfaction with some of it's recent directions. Then I saw the sentinel parts and my wallet was quickly loosing ground. And then I realized the icons weren't in the accessory bundle, and my wallet won.

I mathed out the cost of those boosters, and it's about $50 per. So if you actually want em it's a great deal. But I don't. I don't even want the plat equivalent, even if I could get my wallet to agree enough to open for that.

I bought that $10 skin, as overpriced as it was. And I'm also starting to wonder on the price trends for the past few armor sets. The Infested one at least most of it moved, so I guess it could be more but the Grineer one doesn't have a gimmick that I can tell... The cloak looks nice I guess.

I would have gladly paid $10-20 for the cosmetics alone. However after the automated response form the system (that no other form of bug report gets), the canned response from the agent in record time, and then the actual written response a few days later it feels like my money isn't good enough for them. Sadly it won't be good enough for the next prime access, or the one after that either.

Sorry but you your example is all messed up. It doesn't matter if the syndana, the frame or whatever else is the ferrari to you.

The basic concept is that they are requiring you buy multiple items if you want access to only one. Being rare, expensive or signs of wealth and excess have nothing to do with anything.

And before you try to be sarcastic and clever by telling me to go to Walmart, I would suggest you get your basic logic and facts straight. It never pays to rush ahead calling other fools while not even appreciating what you're arguing for or against.

Following your logic your corrected example would be "asking me to buy another three Ferraris if I want the red one over there".

Firstly, I did not call you a fool, nor did I imply it.

Secondly, you are not understanding why DE is bundling the syndana with the remainder of the items.

Everything else in that pack is a temporary advantage.

Booster? Temporary xp earning. Prime frame? You'd get it anyway, but you get it a little faster this way.

However....the Exclusive Syndana (and the forum avatars)? That's the only thing in that pack that is a permanent piece of your Warframe account. That is why I am calling it the Ferarri.

The syndana IS the most valuable item in the pack. If DE were to separate it out, it would be like 80% of the cost of the pack....bc everything else in the pack is just a temporary leg up.

If DE separated the cosmetics out from the Prime Access at a "reasonable" price, nearly no one would buy it. We'd all just buy the cosmetics.

Edited by notionphil

Firstly, I did not call you a fool, nor did I imply it.

Secondly, you are not understanding why DE is bundling the syndana with the remainder of the items.

Everything else in that pack is a temporary advantage.

Booster? Temporary xp earning. Prime frame? You'd get it anyway, but you get it a little faster this way.

However....the Exclusive Syndana (and the forum avatars)? That's the only thing in that pack that is a permanent piece of your Warframe account. That is why I am calling it the Ferarri.

The syndana IS the most valuable item in the pack. If DE were to separate it out, it would be like 80% of the cost of the pack....bc everything else in the pack is just a temporary leg up.

If DE separated the cosmetics out from the Prime Access at a "reasonable" price, nearly no one would buy it. We'd all just buy the cosmetics.

Lol, I stand by notionphil on this one.

The extra limited time cosmetics are the gold, the thing that says "Yes I bought this there and then". DE would lose more if they were packed in $5 packs rather than keeping them in a bundle because you would have less incentive to buy the rest of the things that come with prime access.

Right now you might be thinking, hmm I can buy the prime access accessories but the medium pack is only $19 more expensive, I should opt for that instead. If it were done this way it would end up with: I'll buy the syndana and farm the rest, no big deal...thus you spend only $5

In fact more often than not the frame itself is cheaper than the cosmetics, with the new prime access rumoured to have prime armor the incentive grows and I see no problem with cosmetics bundled together.

There are plenty of cosmetics you can buy in the market for platinum, there is one that is more expensive and that is the one you guys have to go drooling over like it changes the game? I hope DE doesn't even consider this, sorry OP.

<|>All values are placeholder

<|>This is my opinion and don't act like it is anything more or less.

How can 2 pieces of cosmetics without any real coding done, requiring all or nearly all of work from art team alone be worth 88$ or 80% of 110$ value, then it makes me wonder how can boosters be worth 22$, but it isnt a real problem here.

Problem here is second paragraph. If they actually did it at reasonable price and no one would buy boosters then it should be a clear sign that they should put something more valuable to players in there.

Im sure that they could make 2 extra cosmetics and put in there and ask 40-60$ and still make a nice profit looking at how they price their normal cosmetics. 

Even moving that icon into prime accessories and asking 5$ extra would encourage ppl to buy it.

Also if enough ppl bought pack without boosters at lowered price they could still make more profit than from these who actually buy boosters.

Edited by Davoodoo

How can 2 pieces of cosmetics without any real coding done, requiring all or nearly all of work from art team alone be worth 88$ or 80% of 110$ value, then it makes me wonder how can boosters be worth 22$, but it isnt a real problem here.

Problem here is second paragraph. If they actually did it at reasonable price and no one would buy boosters then it should be a clear sign that they should put something more valuable to players in there.

Im sure that they could make 2 extra cosmetics and put in there and ask 40-60$ and still make a nice profit looking at how they price their normal cosmetics. 

Even moving that icon into prime accessories and asking 5$ extra would encourage ppl to buy it.

Also if enough ppl bought pack without boosters at lowered price they could still make more profit than from these who actually buy boosters.

A picture speaks a thousand words: seriously don't bring "coding" into this. It has nothing to do with it, Prime Access is pretty much based upon the art team, all the flashy cosmetics, the flashy weapons and the flashy frame.

The current way seems to work fine enough, no need to change it :/

I'm not trying to be a smart@$$ but, something is worth what people will pay for it.

How can a pair of cheap sunglasses made for $5 in a factory in south vietnam be sold for $350 by Versace? The work that goes into something is typically only a small part of its final value.

These items are exclusives. They do absolutely nothing other than make players feel that they have something rare. That is the value. Of course it's much more valuable than time-savers like boosters and frame "early access" which lasts a week.

I have never bought a prime access and probably never will, bc i like to farm the frames myself.

PS - I'm not making the argument that accessories shouldn't be sold separately; I'm just telling you why they won't ever be sold for a reasonable price. Except maybe a long time after that prime access has come and gone.

DE makes more $ this way, plain and simple. It's a cosmetic. You want the swag, you gotta pay for it.

Edited by notionphil

I'm not trying to be a smart@$$ but, something is worth what people will pay for it.

How can a pair of cheap sunglasses made for $5 in a factory in south vietnam be sold for $350 by Versace? The work that goes into something is typically only a small part of its final value.

These items are exclusives. They do absolutely nothing other than make players feel that they have something rare. That is the value. Of course it's much more valuable than time-savers like boosters and frame "early access" which lasts a week.

I have never bought a prime access and probably never will, bc i like to farm the frames myself.

PS - I'm not making the argument that accessories shouldn't be sold separately; I'm just telling you why they won't ever be sold for a reasonable price. Except maybe a long time after that prime access has come and gone.

DE makes more $ this way, plain and simple. It's a cosmetic. You want the swag, you gotta pay for it.

I'm sorry but your statement that "DE makes more money this way" is purely your opinion, based on nothing factual. 

They only make more money this way if you consider that no new purchases would be made if they switched to allowing packs with only the items in them and not useless booster items.

That is really a fallacious argument. My point was that they stand to gain a lot more people buying the prime stuff if they don't force you to buy things that you don't want and don't need, which means higher consumer satisfaction, loyalty, more people playing the game consistently, and potentially more profit in the end, but I would be hard pressed to believe that they would make less money. Regardless, neither of us has the data necessary to gauge whether they would earn more, the same or less, so I would suggest refraining from espousing your own opinion as fact.

And my apologies if I took your walmart comment the wrong way, but you have to understand when someone says "go buy it at walmart" or w/e in response to a request like mine it doesn't really sound like anything but a thinly veiled "stop QQing". No worries if that wasn't your intention though.

At the end of the day, DE will (as always) decide what's best, mine was just a simple and humble request and my opinion outlining the various positive effects if they were to grant it in some form.

Awww Mr Phil. You make the words dance like I just cant.

I just want to say that even though I don't really need the boosters (mas. 16 atm). I still enjoy getting them. It saves me time when forma'ing things and I keep blowing credits like no tomorrow.

Maybe it would be beneficial to give you options on the boosters? There are two types of resource booster that are very helpful and could be offered as alternatives?

Edited by MDRLOz