Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mod Style Vs Old Mod Style

faresamir7

New one looks way better. The old ones had been around for a while, they were starting to look pretty dated. They weren't that attractive to begin with anyways.

So, you want mods to be attractive?

The things that you almost never see ingame besides when it comes to modding?

I prefer the new one but i am not really used to the names of the mod, when you know the name of the mod you're looking for this new mod UI is way better.

Also the scrolling look less laggy to me... i think :D

I'm fine with scrolling. Just felt a little nostalgic about this

c6WYelW.jpg

I am warming up to the new gui, just like I warmed up to the one before that. It definitely looks better in my opinion but looks are not the only thing it needs to have. Function is more important and i'd say that while the new gui is, I think, a little less functional than the previous one, it doesn't take much time to get used to, not for me anyway.

old style is better because i was using images of the mods to navigate through collection. it's easier for me than read actual names of the mods.

now instead of images i have huge names of the mods, and because of that search for the right mod is more difficult than it has been before. takes more time.

another example of poor design from DE's side, nothing new here. move along.

Edited by Althix

Yep. In fact, I'd like the whole game to be made attractive.

Considering the new mods and the old mods both display exactly the same stuff I don't think the change is that big a deal. It certainly hasn't affected how I play the game at least.

I respect the effort that has gone into making something new and more presentable.

However one should sit back and think about where we ended up.

New UI was made to look better, and because of all the "fluff" we now can't see our mod cards like cards.

We just have text on the mini-cards now and a swinging camera that makes me sick.

:/

I'm fine with scrolling. Just felt a little nostalgic about this

c6WYelW.jpg

Too bad you couldn't even read what mods you had, though.

New one is way better.

I actually feel more comfortable with the new style. Sure, when it first came out, I was freaking out since it was a new change, but the more I played the more easier it was for me to navigate around. I especially like the categories of mod tabs now with the different polarities. Although, a search option would be nice too. Other than that, the only problem I have with it is horizontal side scrolling. Reminds me too much of the older mod UI style back then.

i've got really used to search mods by the pictures, because it was a faster method to find them. Now the picture is hidden, i needed to learn the names too, but i'm okay with that

also, there are the mod filters, which is a really nice feature, only if it worked properly... (can't auto-fuse cores when you hide maxed mods for example, but that is off topic a little i think)