Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vault-Hunting... Give Us Back Multi-Key Capability. :(

[DE]Momaw

Basically my choices at this point are:

1.) Wade into the bog of ooze that is Recruiting, find some random people that aren't jerks, know how the mission works, and then grit my teeth in annoyance as they lulz through the mission holding down their 4 key.

or

2.) Play the mission solo and have only a 25% chance of being able to open the vault

Frankly I would rather have the option to increase the challenge by carrying all 4 keys myself, so that I can reliably solo the mission how I want to.

Wait... we could carry multiple keys before?

Briefly.

I love how everybody is getting bogged down on this irrelevant tangent instead of discussing the actual point, which is that derelict vaults suck big time for people wanting to solo.  Less history of bugs, more making the game suck less, k guys?

Yeah we never had that functionality.

However I'm gonna have to agree. While I do enjoy teamwork, having all 4 keys would be one hell of a challenge. I wouldn't mind someone being rewarded for their efforts in that way.

However, it would have to be an "all or nothing" thing. Two keys would be a little too easy for a 50% chance. 3 keys as well, since you can just use a warframe that can counter the effects or strengthen the remaining effect that you didn't pick. However, all 4 keys force you to play with total weakness, no matter what warframe you are. I'd say that should be fine. And, of course, opening the vault only uses that one key while the rest still are in effect.

Briefly.

I love how everybody is getting bogged down on this irrelevant tangent instead of discussing the actual point, which is that derelict vaults suck big time for people wanting to solo.  Less history of bugs, more making the game suck less, k guys?

Yeah alot of folks have a one-track mind on forums sadly.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Briefly.

If you are going to be like that, then no, "no carrying multiple keys". The mechanic is in place to stop a team with loading one guy with all 4 keys, having no negatives on the other 3 players, and just keeping the 4th player out of harm.

If you now say "well, lets add mechanics to stop that as well" then what about 2 keys on 2 people? you are asking FOR A LOT OF MECHANICS just because you dislike not being able to open Vaults 100% on your own.

I think it's fine at is. On point enough for you?

If you are going to be like that, then no, "no carrying multiple keys". The mechanic is in place to stop a team [From] loading one guy with all 4 keys, having no negatives on the other 3 players, and just keeping the 4th player out of harm.

this would be easy enough to fix i imagine (not a programmer here) just set it so that you can only carry four keys when your game mode is set to solo, now a team can't load one guy but people that want to go crazy and solo with all four keys on themselves can.

side note my OCD got the better of me fixed a grammar error

Briefly.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

I searched long and hard for an old World of Warcraft fan comic regarding this same mentality, but I couldn't find it :(

Dude, Max Rush/Duration Loki or Bacon Helmet Rhino Prime, slap on the Shield or HP reducing Key and just speed-run ODE's. If you don't find the vault that fits, just quit out of the mission (and if quitting out of a mission is a big deal for you, just take a decent Melee weapon/Ignis).

Doing that I got most of the Corrupted mods in half an hour and all the Orokin Cyphers for Mirage in like, 10 minutes. It's really not as big a hassle as you're making it to be for Solo players.

this would be easy enough to fix i imagine (not a programmer here) just set it so that you can only carry four keys when your game mode is set to solo, now a team can't load one guy but people that want to go crazy and solo with all four keys on themselves can.

side note my OCD got the better of me fixed a grammar error

Not the damn point. A mechanic is put in place and because people think they are special, they want them changed.

It's a team mechanic. If you gut it for a handful of people you have gutted yet another mechanic for no reason, other then please a few.