Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Aura/stance-Type Slot For Primaries And Secondaries

W1ldfir3

This will be a solution to the need to put 4-5 Formae into your Primary and Secondary weapons to get them ready for endgame missions. As everyone knows, the only reason that Warframes and Melee weapons need fewer Formae for endgame is solely because of the Aura and Stance slots, so why not put a matching slot onto primary and secondary weapons? This would easily curb the number of Formae needed, leaving more time for farming the elusive mods needed for endgame builds and the fusion cores to rank them up! I suggest the name "Tactical Slot."

Suggested Mods to change for these slots:

Primaries: Stabilizer, Ammo Mutation mods, Firestorm, Thunderbolt, Hush, Eagle Eye,
Accelerated Blast, Burdened Magazine.

Secondaries: Pistol Ammo mutation, Hawk Eye, Stunning Speed, Steady Hands, Suppress.

Kinda defeats the purpose of Forma, but in a way I'd like to see it, though I wouldn't have these "aura" slots add mod capacity, just some sort of utility. 

Snipers could have a couple Types of "Scope Auras" for example, that would add something like highlighting enemies when scoped or thermal vision. 

I do like the Idea of moving some mods like the mutation mods, firestorm and such.  But mods like Thunderbolt and Accelerated Blast that add damage should stay as normal mods. 

+1

I'm a person that likes things to match a pattern and It has always bugged me that melee and warframes have a slot that gives points yet weapons get nothing so they feel ....well... gimped. They probably aren't but it just feels that way especially considering having a new warframe or melee with a decent aura/stance mod basically gives enough points to have a few good mods for a decent start. For example if you level an aura you can literally have a level 0 warframe with all 4 abilities ready to go. Weapons tho, nothing, no mods, just the weapon.

Altho if this did start would sentinels/kubrow also get the same treatment and if so, what would they have?  sentinel modes? kubrow mentality? :/

well, people sometimes forma their primary/secondary because they don't have the aura/stance mod slot the warframe and melee weapon have, and want more capacity for their mods, but keep in mind people also forma their 1st/2nd weapons to make them more powerful, and your suggestion to make some mods "tactical" (as you say) doesn't make a difference, sure more capacity but the same mods, if you come up with special mods of the slot that would be great

anyways, the idea is good overall :) 

Edited by Kenshin98

Great idea, maybe too op with the mods as ther are right now.

Diferent scopes for snipers would kill 2 birds whit one stone, ammo mutation would be too much op, but not the ammo drum tipe, also its a reason to use they. Zoom and -recoil mods seems fine to me.Firestorn also would be great as only few weapons can use it. Acelerated blast would be op on something like hek and useles on tigris. For the shotgun i sugest tainted clip(yep, that mod never used) as it dont give direct dmg,only a playstile change, ammo-related(not mutation) and reload.

Overall the bane related also may be an option.

On secondary except the mutation its sounds good.

Great idea and sorry for bad english :D