A More Versatile Helios

Arcadinal

The Helios sentinel as it now stands is somewhat limited in its utility compared to other sentinels, and once you flesh out your Codex it doesn't seem like there's much reason to use it. I would suggest adding an optional mod(s) to allow Helios to perform the functions of Enemy Sense and Thief's Wit, which I think would both make Helios a bit more interesting and also give a reason to use it other then just Codex scans.

The Helios sentinel as it now stands is somewhat limited in its utility compared to other sentinels, and once you flesh out your Codex it doesn't seem like there's much reason to use it. I would suggest adding an optional mod(s) to allow Helios to perform the functions of Enemy Sense and Thief's Wit, which I think would both make Helios a bit more interesting and also give a reason to use it other then just Codex scans.

was acting like it...

but got fixed -_-

sometimes fixes...

Edited by Tsoe

Considering that it requires 10 Fieldrons, 1 Forma and ton of other Clan Researches finished, it should be made much more useful than it is currently. I'm also pretty sure that Helios is still broken: it uses codex scanners even if it doesn't finish the scan.

Edited by Wyrmius

I'd love it if he let out a codex scanner "ping" every once in awhile that showed where enemies were in the same radius as our scanner - even if the enemies were green/codex entry completed.

Considering that it requires 10 Fieldrons, 1 Forma and ton of other Clan Researches finished, it should be made much more useful than it is currently.

It's the best 75plat you could ever spend in this game. Saves you mats, saves you time, and gets you 2 potatoes.

Edited by Archistopheles

It's the best 75plat you could ever spend in this game. Saves you mats, saves you time, and gets you 2 potatoes.

+ 2 sentinel slots (weapon + the actual sentinel)? And of course the mastery points! xD

Edited by Wyrmius

I'd love it if he let out a codex scanner "ping" every once in awhile that showed where enemies were in the same radius as our scanner - even if the enemies were green/codex entry completed.

I've suggested this for quite a while now, I wonder why nothing has been even thought of for both him an Djihn.

Honestly, I think that Helios seriously needs a rework (large or small), because I've started to catch myself doing its job for it while it was equipped even without an attack precept anywhere in its loadout. At present, the Investigator precept seems to have ridiculous ADD and only seems to realize it should be doing something right before I'm killing the thing that it then tries to scan, and thus wastes a charge on (because it's dead before the scan can complete). Additionally, because of the range on it, often times I'm moving fast enough that if I do miss an enemy/scan target, I'm already leaving scan range by the time it registers that Helios just started scanning something. Which sucks.

An Enemy Sense/Thief's Wit precept might be a nice way to go with it; whatever they decide, however, Investigator being the core "draw"/selling point of Helios means that something has to change. Frankly, even a significant improvement/overhaul to Investigator would satisfy me (at least it would be reliably useful for completing the codex, and maybe I could use it to make farming ingredients for the personal Health Restore less of a chore).

Although, now that you mention it, perhaps (if indeed a precept separate from Investigator) a precept similar in function to Banshee's Sonar? Sort of like how Shade's Ghost precept is similar to Ash and Loki's respective invisibility powers?

Anyway, as it stands, the only thing I've really used Helios for of late is Mastery (Sentinel and Weapon). =/

Yeah, at the very least, Helios needs revamping of its current role.

Here's a few really common, annoying situations:

1) Helios starts scanning an enemy that gets close to you... and then kills it before it can finish scanning (I get that sometimes taking the guy down would be more important, but it seems really silly that Helios will kill steal itself).

2) Helios starts to scan one of many incomplete entries in the room, but is interrupted for some reason... then proceeds to do nothing for five or more seconds before realizing that it can scan any one of them again.

3) Helios only starts to scan something that's been in range for awhile just as you've committed to an action, that will kill it, that you can't take back.

Also, in general, I hate how slowly it scans. I get that it's probably supposed to be a trade-off for Helios being able to track perfectly (barring range and line-of-sight of course), but the slow speed makes the perfect tracking irrelevant in far too many situations. Enemies are pretty decent at finding cover in this game, which can completely baffle Helios, and in most situations, enemies die way too fast for Helios to complete a scan unless you're solo or intentionally fighting away from your group.

Any of these things might be fair trade-offs if the rest of the Sentinels were balanced this way, but in the current state, it just makes Helios awkward at a job that comes at the cost of far more useful things.

Edited by Jokubas