Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 36 Overview

DE_Adam

Miss last week's Devstream but still want to know all the fun details on Archwing?  Tired of your friends trying to describe what the new Nekros helm concept art looks like without a visual aid?  Want to see just how large a Balor Fomorian is?  Don't worry, I've got your back. 

Our Devstream 36 Overview covers all that and more giving the down-low on everything you may have missed.  It's not as fun as learning about birdlifters straight from the source, but it's the next best thing.  Click here for the full story and be sure to leave us your thoughts below!

-DE_Adam

I personally will get the coolest looking Archwing regardless of what abilities it has, then I can use it on my "epic loadout" :P

This looks like its going to be a great update (my guess it will be coming soon after the back to school alerts :D)

Can't wait! Might as well farm everything in the game until this comes out :P

I think one thing that was not addressed properly, and was confirmed on twitter to me by Steve, was the plot hole of what happens when your Warframe blasts off into space because extraction is not possible and you leave your Kubrow behind?  I know on the dev stream he said Ordis picks him up, but he did not say how. With no actual extraction point that would be impossible to do, also once that area decompresses because of the hole blown in the side of the ship he will die pretty quick because of no air. That needs to be addressed, I actually offered him a way out of the plot hole, by saying the collars are equipped with a short range teleporter. That would also explain why when they get stuck somewhere because of pathing they are able to get to you wherever you are on missions.

Edited by Pendragon1951

I think one thing that was not addressed properly, and was confirmed on twitter to me by Steve, was the plot hole of what happens when your Warframe blasts off into space because extraction is not possible and you leave your Kubrow behind?  I know on the dev stream he said Ordis picks him up, but he did not say how. With no actual extraction point that would be impossible to do, also once that area decompresses because of the hole blown in the side of the ship he will die pretty quick because of no air. That needs to be addressed, I actually offered him a way out of the plot hole, by saying the collars are equipped with a short range teleporter. That would also explain why when they get stuck somewhere because of pathing they are able to get to you wherever you are on missions.

If you tweet Scott, he replies with:

"Space Ninja Magic"

Watched the Stream, but just wanted to say here anyway that this all looks utterly awesome. God I cannot wait. Been here since Alpha, and I'll be around as long as you guys continue development. I don't know what it says about me, or the games industry, but this is the only game I've stuck around with and come back to without fail. DE, you are a great group of people and the Universe you've created is something I've wanted for a very, very long time. Just wanted to extend my thanks.

I love the plans for Update 15, Archwing is something I fell in love with since I first saw its teaser. I hope the devs follow through with allowing farming in space using archwing. I can see myself spending hours flying around in space destroying asteroids and such for resources. Not so keen on the Hubs but I'll learn to like it like most of us will.

Vauban_02.jpg

The Vauban helmet concept in the middle kinda looks like a Boomer head from Bubblegum Crisis. Also Birdlifers should be considered official terminology for Warframe. Perhaps it can refer to the wing portion of the Arcwing.

rougeboomer1.jpg

Rogue Boomer, sorry I couldn't find a normal one.

Edited by Sigvulcanas

This makes me so happy. I love how they left out that bit about forcing clans to trade for future tech research - they really listen to us and realized just how bad that could eventually get. That or DE Adam STILL managed to botch something up after taking longer to summarize the Devstream than past ones have taken. :)