Has Coptering Gone Too Far?

Azawarau

There's probably a reason a lot of the new weapons they've been coming out with can't travel with slide attacks.

Signs point to them nixing it at some point in the near future.

^ well its not just hte recent weapons but some of the older ones are already non-copterable

i think they are just gonna make a variety

There's probably a reason a lot of the new weapons they've been coming out with can't travel with slide attacks.

Signs point to them nixing it at some point in the near future.

Nope, coptering is here to stay confirmed (again) in the last devstream !! it is now AN OFFICIAL FEATURE !!

HURRAYYY !!!

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

The only thing that goes farther is Speed'd Tail Wind.

That goes stupid far with a max duration Tail Wind.

My friend was recently leveling up his Zephyr and we were running Capture 3 in the void. He needed argons.

He was like, "Dude you should see my Tail Wind now, it goes so far."

And I was like, "I wonder if Volt's Speed has any effect on that..."

And he was like, "Dude now I wanna see."

So I bring my Volt, as far as I know Speed only works on attack speed and run/walk speed. So it works with coptering but I have no idea if it works on skills.

I cast it when we got to a big enough room for it to be worth it and he literally cleared the room in less than a second, and an enemy was coming through a doorway to the next room he was flying towards. And the one tail wind kept going through said door and into the next room.

It. Is. So. Silly.

Also, that music made my ears bleed. Twice.

Edited by darthdart

I am fine with Coptering as long as coptering weapons are weak.

Though if they make a coptering weapon with allot of spin damage i will officially riot. 

Coptering is a way to make weak weapons viable, not to make great weapons better.

(dual Ichors coptering needs a nerf)

i just wich at was replaced by some sort of air dash that would be trigered the same way (it suck being the same animation as ground slide atk).

look at obex kokage furax Ankyros

Edited by Tsoe

I don't care what people say. I can have my own opinion. 

How we travel and actually travelling around the map are a significant part of gameplay. So much potential is wasted because much of the community has felt the need to be defensive and entitled over 'coptering' as a bug. 

It doesn't matter what fancy things DE can put into a ninja game for obstacles because people are just going to copter right over it. It's game-ruining and the single worst reason why this is no longer a ninja game in any form. They might as well stop adding small-scale obstacles since we can bypass ordinary travelling altogether at any point in time. Oh hey, a zipline, lets just copter right over!

Edited by JohnProdman

I don't care what people say. I can have my own opinion. 

How we travel and actually travelling around the map are a significant part of gameplay. So much potential is wasted because much of the community has felt the need to be defensive and entitled over 'coptering' as a bug. 

It doesn't matter what fancy things DE can put into a ninja game for obstacles because people are just going to copter right over it. It's game-ruining and the single worst reason why this is no longer a ninja game in any form. They might as well stop adding small-scale obstacles since we can bypass ordinary travelling altogether at any point in time. Oh hey, a zipline, lets just copter right over!

You are so wrong tenno, I use coptering a lot but I use with wall running and slingshotting,everything complements each other perfectly, possibilities are endless. Its not one or the other at all.