Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Coptering Gone Too Far?

Azawarau

Jumping from wall to wall and doing neat wall running tricks must be easier. Simply jumping from walls to propel yourself isn't always that great and can easily be messed up.

Most don't bother because it's easier to slide and I rarely see people slide jump or copter.

The game does not make it easy enough to propel yourself from wall running, they hardly slide too. I mainly see them running. i always pass them w/o using copter. I hardly use copter myself.

So in the end, the game doesn't do a good job getting people to parkour which is why they prefer the copter.

This is true. The risk in doing it is way higher than the reward.

For me wall maneuvers problem is the jankiness of it at high speeds. Often is the case where I won't wall run at all when I should be able to. Sometimes I'll wall climb when I meant to wall jump. Sometimes I'll hit a corner and change directions unintentionally, or fall out of the map. You'll hit points where you think you should be able to keep going, and the game doesn't let you parkour, and you end up losing all momentum. It's much safer to just copter copter copter. If it were all more consistent to do you'd definitely see a lot more of it.

This is true. The risk in doing it is way higher than the reward.

For me wall maneuvers problem is the jankiness of it at high speeds. Often is the case where I won't wall run at all when I should be able to. Sometimes I'll wall climb when I meant to wall jump. Sometimes I'll hit a corner and change directions unintentionally, or fall out of the map. You'll hit points where you think you should be able to keep going, and the game doesn't let you parkour, and you end up losing all momentum. It's much safer to just copter copter copter. If it were all more consistent to do you'd definitely see a lot more of it.

I do it literally all the time just fine

Only issue is overshooting short distances

Also, not everyone can use wall run on every wall to propel themselves for speed which is what copter is about, propelling oneself.

Practice makes perfect

You have to find spots that work

Coptering is just an easy way out that obsoletes way too much

Hahaha... yeah... and infinite wallrunning was declared an exploit after existing for 9 months. Biased opinions are biased. Even if it's developer opinion. :D

To quote Rid$&*^: "Where's your Stamina now?"

maxresdefault.jpg

Still can't understand why they removed infinite wallrunning because "exploit" but Coptering got buffed with Melee 2.0, even the later bypasses the Stamina system much more often than the occasional infinite wallrun. And with Valkyr/Nova you can get literally everywhere you aren't supposed to get to so it's not even a fair argument to talk about level design.

Edited by MeduSalem

Sometimes bugs make a game.  Skiing in Tribes made it fun.  Coptering makes it fun for many people.

Removing fun is bad.  Realizing something is fun and allowing it to happen is good.  Sometimes it's the flavor of screwing up that allows a game not to screw up.

I would buy this argument accept for one big reason..  Running up walls to great heights was just as much fun yet that got removed because it was seen as an exploit, and it really is no more of an exploit than coptering is, while being much more of a parcore maneuver.

Unfortunatly because of the removal the running up paralell walls with the flip (to jump from wall to wall) is actually much less fluid than it used to be, before the removal.

Personally though I'm happy enough for it to stay but it should likely use up all stamina in the process of doing it. 

Though overall I feel it is keeping parcore getting the polish and fluidity it really need and that would be called for without coptering.  Unfortunatly though parcore control seems to be degrading more than improving.

Edited by Loswaith