Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14.6.0

[DE]Rebecca

Curious... If Oberon can basically do all the healing capabilities that Trinity can do... Should I just turn my Trinity into scrap now? Because she has been nerfed to the ground ever since Oberon's buff.

sorry to say, i already did. apologies to all the other long time trin users but i just got that 'it's all downhill from here feeling'. we just make due with my brother's nekros in survival now. full desecrate, health orbs and oxygen as far as the eye can see....

"Improved the aiming and direction of Mirage's Prism ability."

I am not liking this change. I've never seen the reason for it. This has made it harder imo for using Prism ability. With its long cast time, even with Natural talent, you're unable to move during cast making you an easy target. Also when you're on the move and cast the ability, you'll be unable to aim to where you intended to but instead just goes to the direction on which you originally cast Prism ability. Please DE improve the aiming and direction of Mirage' Prism ability by reverting it back, or atleast it needs to be improved again.

Definitely anticipated this and discussed at length before this went live, will be playing tonight on the Public build to report more thoughts about these changes and Trinity!

Newer warframe changes keep me thinking 'thou shalt play the way we dictate'. Any deviation from the 'dead obvious' build setup seems to be continually phased out. 

Creative modding on Ember made her tanky; DE said "no she's DPS" and removed the ability. Players discovered Excal doesn't really work as a well rounded frame and focused on one ability, so that ability gets broken-nerfed (and not even mentioned in patch notes? shame). Infinite scaling abilities like Frost SG are removed; I can understand that, but I'm willing to bet theres a removal of 4 sec SG builds coming down the line. Because that's not how DE wants you to play that frame.

I can go on. Nova was used for the nuke, and the debuff was mostly ignored. DE says 'hey we put all this work into the debuff, no one's using it - nerf the nuke'. The Oberon changes make modding a nightmare, as only one ability requires duration and ofc it's pretty critical at endgame. And DE says "No Rage for you, healer frame. That just obvious synergy but we don't want you to do that." Vauban gets confused, and now lets us mod for Bastille or Vortex, but not both (progression - addition of target cap promotes multiple small bastille, range added to Vortex prohibits that).

Upcoming changes, from the pattern I've been seeing - some effective reduction to Miasma, RD, SPol, Dsc, etc; any time a single ability gets used more than the others it seems to get bashed with the nerf bat.

Reducing the effectiveness of an ability does not make us more likely to use the others, if they still suck. Fix the useless abilities before evening the scales.

Trinity changes are the following; no change to long duration DR builds. 60-70% healing power reduction to short duration spam builds. Guess how 'thou shalt build Trinity'? At lower levels the changes aren't a big deal - adding 3-4 seconds to the CD on Blessing is a severe reduction in the effective level range for the short duration build.

We were already seeing a trending towards dual CC and no healer, with the inclusion of LS and the lul after the first Trin nerf as players relearned the mechanic. Further reductions to Trinity's healing output encourage the trend; the final remaining viable build is long DR which blatantly abuses QT mechanics - wonder how long that'll last?

When will they address the "Failed to join session (session not found)" Bug that makes it impossible for certain people to host one another? One of my clan members has had this issue for several weeks now, first between me and him, this then was somehow passed to him and another friend, And now is between him and another clan member again. With only a small clan this is extremely annoying, (especially with the random "host migrations" as we are just about to start a mission, making one of the two that cannot host the other the new host, thus kicking out the other player). From what I've read there has been trouble with such a bug for over a year now. It's high time THIS is a priority fix. Small clans not being able to run missions with one another makes people want to quit the game. ....

Overall, great update, EXCEPT FOR THIS:

• Added in a new "PC Type" detection for host election purposes.  Laptops will get a small penalty equivalent to 150ms of ping so as to select the best host possible.

This is going to be blunt: Wow, what a lazy fix. I'm incredibly disappointed with DE for this. This assumes that all laptops are created equal. For those of us with high powered laptops (able to play at max settings at decent resolutions) this is an incredible slap in the face. We are penalized simply because we don't use a desktop. A lot of people play on crappy desktops and now we will lose hosting priority to them? At least design a basic hardware and networking test that runs during each update and gives a PC a score, say from 0-100. But of course, assuming all laptop users have crappy hardware is much easier...

I run maxed settings on my 32" monitor connected to my laptop with a 100mbps up X 100mbps down internet connection and I'M GOING TO BE PENALIZED FOR THIS? Please design a new test. One that actually evaluated performance without terribly generalized assumptions. 

TL;DR: The new PC Type detection is poorly implemented and doesn't actually evaluated performance. GET RID OF THIS AND REPLACE IT WITH A REAL HARDWARE TEST.

I'm sorry for this rant, but I've been playing Warframe for over a year and I've never, ever been this angry at a game development decision. If this causes me to not be able to host often anymore, I'm done with Warframe. DE will never get another penny from me. I'd rather play a game that doesn't penalize me for having a decent computer...

I have forgotten why I bought a founders package, trying to remember if it was for a useless skana prime or an excalibur prime who now has no useful moves later on in the game, the only utility move taht he had which didnt utilise power strength is now not good enough. Although this nerf shouldnt have felt as bad as it currently does if he had any other usable powers, except slash dash and super jump are purely mobility and  using radial javelin is messed up on so many levels. javelin isnt good enough for damage is guaranteed to miss targets when its cast and get your shields(with an added bonus of a slash proc to chew away at your health if your'e lucky) depleted thanks to its super long &#! animation. DE has broken its poster boy.

They shouldn't be using any information like laptop/desktop, CPU clock speed, available VRAM or any other simple number to compute performance. They should do a basic stress test one time per PC. Simple and way more accurate than their current (lazy) implementation.

Overall, great update, EXCEPT FOR THIS:

This is going to be blunt: Wow, what a lazy fix. I'm incredibly disappointed with DE for this. This assumes that all laptops are created equal. For those of us with high powered laptops (able to play at max settings at decent resolutions) this is an incredible slap in the face. We are penalized simply because we don't use a desktop. A lot of people play on crappy desktops and now we will lose hosting priority to them? At least design a basic hardware and networking test that runs during each update and gives a PC a score, say from 0-100. But of course, assuming all laptop users have crappy hardware is much easier...

I run maxed settings on my 32" monitor connected to my laptop with a 100mbps up X 100mbps down internet connection and I'M GOING TO BE PENALIZED FOR THIS? Please design a new test. One that actually evaluated performance without terribly generalized assumptions. 

TL;DR: The new PC Type detection is poorly implemented and doesn't actually evaluated performance. GET RID OF THIS AND REPLACE IT WITH A REAL HARDWARE TEST.

I'm sorry for this rant, but I've been playing Warframe for over a year and I've never, ever been this angry at a game development decision. If this causes me to not be able to host often anymore, I'm done with Warframe. DE will never get another penny from me. I'd rather play a game that doesn't penalize me for having a decent computer...

just set pc type from autodetect to desktop. the system is picking me to host often just fine now.

one thing i'm incredibly disappointed with is the qt/rage nerf. there's a lot of conjecture over on reddit with videos proving a 1:1 ratio instead of the original 2.4:1.

#DE #NoFunAllowed?