Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14.6.0

[DE]Rebecca

Grab the pitch forks, Trinity's nerf only preludes further abusive and uncalled for nerfs. There was a time when Trinity was a god both defensively and offensively. Trinity is no longer even a shadow of her previous power-it's bad enough endgame 1 shots you if you trip over a shield lancers foot. These actions will not go unpunished! 

Oh, nice to see other stuff got fixed though :D.

Assumptions never help. I personally use all abilities on all of my frames (yes, I even have Psychic Bolts on my Nyx), and I think of "good Trinity players" as being just that -- good Trinity players. The 20% loss isn't going to affect their ability to support their team.

*facepalm*

The reason you used to use max rank Blessing was that it granted a good duration of invulnerability.

The reason you should have switched to unranked Blessing after the first round of nerfs, is that Blessing no longer gave invulnerability and your team was best served by your ability to slam out constant full heals.  Unranked Blessing had a shorter duration so it locked you out of healing for less time but still gave a full heal.

This most recent change is a serious nerf. It doesn't reduce your ability to heal the team by 20%, it reduces it by 60%.

Let me explain. Blessing's damage resistance is pointless.  In the early game, only complete newbies will be taking enough damage that they need a full time Trinity and the heal aspect alone will sort them out.  In the late game, by the time your team mates have taken enough damage for the resistance value to be useful and justify the "buff time" (i.e. "lockout time"), they're a hair from death anyway and you're pretty much gambling whether not they take another hit which will kill them in the time it takes you to react to their status.

Since the resistance buff is pointless, you have to look at Blessing from the perspective of healing.  And this change is a massive nerf to its actual healing power. Bless-Spam with a min rank ability was more than halved in power, and a max rank mod has a built in duration "bonus" so it's less spammable.

And even then...  Why 80%? Is it really a good idea to force players to mount an Intensify to do a full and proper heal, when there are already oceans of threads complaining that there aren't enough mod slots to do what people want?

Meh.  MEH.

New syandana also looks terrible on Trinity because it clips through her spider skirt in a horrible way. Make of it what you will.

Pardon my math.

Trinity with max blessing = 80%

Maxed intensify = 30% increase

25% of 80 is 20.

Blessing + maxed intensify = 100% blessing heal, right?

Not too big of a change. I mean, you already have intensify to buff up energy siphon right?

Plus, not like you are always at around 1hp, so you won't NEED 100% heal, right? Just means you have to spam more often to keep health and shields maxed without intensify.

You can't spam it on max rank, as the cooldown between recasts increase drastically (it grants useless damage reduction, that I don't freaking care about, all I want is to heal)! That's the main problem why people used unranked instead of maxed out, because cooldown of recasting #4 increases with each rank due to useless buff.

If I would be able to recast it as soon as I have done casting it, I wouldn't really mind the lower healing percentage.

But now, either I use 40% heal spam more frequently or heal once every 6 or 8 seconds and pray to god, that T4 enemies at ~40 minute mark won't one shot some of my teammates.

Or we just all take 3 Rhinos and 1 Nekro and be on our merry way.

Edited by PureHostility

Changes:

• Trinity's Blessing now heals 40/50/75/80% health and shields based on Mod rank. The percentage can also be increased by strength mods.

Fixes:             

• Fixed an issue with Trinity's Blessing affecting Excavators.

Boooo.  Trinity being able to heal excavators was actually a reason to play her in support, which isn't true in most of the game modes.  Nerfing the heal doesn't seem necessary either.

See, I don't mind the changes to trinity...not at all. Well maybe a bit...blessing is so screwed up now, point is to spam heals but you gotta go max rank blessing which means you CAN'T spam heals and that mitigation buff is now worthless. So basically I guess I should still use unrank blessing and just sit in a corner spamming the crap out of it? Meh.

What &!$$es me off is that every time they change I gotta regrind polarities cus builds change...every few weeks which means I gotta waste forma + grind just so I can have full mods on her again.

You know what I'd like to see...is when you make such vast sweeping changes to a frame you should allow people who put heavy amounts of forma into them to have a one shot ability to change the polarities around. Kinda like a talent respec that most MMOs give you when they decided to change stuff around so much. 

r.i.p. trinity

Edited by fizbit

Added in a new "PC Type" detection for host election purposes.  Laptops will get a small penalty equivalent to 150ms of ping so as to select the best host possible.

So this means that my laptop, which is WAY more powerful than my desktop, on the same internet connection as my desktop, gets penalized?

Also is there any way that you can post what the size of the update is?  Sometimes I am on a mobile broadband connection with a data cap and don't want to download an update that could possibly take a good portion of my alottment, or if I should wait till I get home (unlimited wired connection).  I can deal with > 50MB, but would like a little warning if it exceeds that.

Edited by AgentJ386

• Fixed an issue with Alerts/Invasions/Nightmare nodes disappearing when returning from a mission

My first attempt at a capture nightmare mission after updating, we could not capture the target, possibly due to him being downed on an incline. This has happened to me previously before this update. Then after completing my next 2 nightmare missions they disappeared from their nodes. I have not tested this on alert/invasion missions though.