Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14.6.0

[DE]Rebecca

Was excalibur RADIAL BLIND NERFED or is there a bug ?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/307847-radial-blind-got-nerfed/

summary of the topic :

- enemies behind any cover (even enemy behinde an enemy) - are NOT affected by radial blind

- power strength affects how many enemies are blind

Now I don't like to rant but if You are "balancing" my dear [DE] skills that are actually good, then please fix the rest of excal skills.

Radial blind was the only good skill he had. Rework other skills, starting with super jump. Add utility for crying out loud !

oh and from the topic :

Kao-Snake is right :

common sense dictates using radial blind from some cover, because being one shooted while making a FABULOUS pose [radial blind animation] by a high lvl enemy is not that great.

Edited by tocorro

Still none of the promised perspective/scale sliders for the mods and upgrades menu?  :(

Are they going to make it into the game?  I really can't play as it is as I get sick every single time I have to go in there to do anything and the fact that I can rotate individual mods is only making it worse.

Please DE add this in soon for those of us who need it.  I've been playing other games but always check back here on patch day in the hopes that it gets resolved for those of us having trouble.

PS - Thank You for the Ordis volume slider.  When I actually can play again that will make it much nicer for me.

Edited by AZAG0TH

Looking at the nerf to the heal percentage on Trinity's Blessing I'm a little saddened. Especially with the skill still locking you out after casting it while the damage reduction buff is applied. There was a problem yes with people wanting to use an unranked Blessing over the fully ranked one and this does in a way solve that problem. But it addresses the symptom, not the main reason why people opted to use the unranked mod to begin with. The long duration of the damage reduction buff preventing you from recasting Blessing. That was fine when you and your team were invincible during that duration, no one needed healing. Now you could potentially have your teammates or even yourself die before you can cast Blessing again to heal.

If you could make it work like Frost's Snow Globe in that it could be recast immediately after being cast to begin with while having the damage reduction from the new Blessing overwrite the previous one that would be great. 

Edited by LoneTonberry

And another undocumented change, (or is it a bug):  Radial Blind is getting blocked by any geometry and not affecting half enemies even in the open. 

Oh. My. Gods.  He's right.

What, now I have to use Natural Talent and spam my Blind 3 times more often, while simultaneously losing one of the few safe ways to enter a room with unknown hostiles? Who was complaining about Excalibur and his one useful feature? Why was this nerfed??? 

More to the point, why are we spending time murdering abilities that are actually good, instead of replacing the ones that everybody agrees are useless.

The main reason given for keeping the ability mods in the drop tables was that players might want to have mods at different ranks for different builds. Blessing was one of the few (if not the only) abilities that had a benefit from remaining unranked, which is no longer the case. If maxed ability mods is the only build option to go for could we possibly have the ability mods removed from the drop tables? If not It just comes across that players are being punished for adapting their playstyle to changes with an unnecessary nerf.

• Mods screen now shows the stat increases that will occur when ranking up Warframe abilities and Stances. See here for example of this addition:

7KmrQud.jpg

Note how I now have stats on what the results are of ranking up Valkyr’s Hysteria through fusion.

Are these details viewable anywhere else?  I have a lot of maxed powers that I would like to check out the stats for but can't as I don't have a lower ranked copy and can't fuse a maxed mod (for obvious reasons).  Also, it would be nice to see how the ability stats are affected by by current loadout.

Trinity nerf just to make rank zero builds useless.

I don't understand why the need to keep playing with blessing.

Can we please have well of life changed into a more useful ability? Oberon changes were amazing. Well of life could use a little of that.

Buff don't nerf?

Why instead of changing this useless well of life you still keep nerfing Blessing ? I really like her, she is my main warframe but with all those changes soon she will be completly unplayable.

WoL - incresing enemys health by 10x dealing no dmg  - Why we cant cast this skill on our ally ?
Energy Vamp - It supposed to regenerate energy over time but teammates go crazy if they dont kill this Big blue shining enemy  (Wol doesnt prevent this target from death if someone got paris prime...) Explaining every mission  to people why they shouldnt kill it is VERY annoying.

EDIT The fact that the target releases all the energy when it is killed doesnt help us at all. A lot of people use narrow minded to maximize the time of link /blessing protection, greatly reduces the range of Ev so people who keep shooting it from far distance gets nothing and force you to use this ability once more on another enemy(  i know it's nothing but when you are playing for longer period with this Warframe it becames really exhausting to be FORCED to use this skill over and over and over again. )

It should be more clear now.
Link-  reduce dmg done to trinity  75% (not affected by power strenght) and reflect 100 % dmg taken to 3 simultaneos targets. i found this abilty quite usefull (prevent you from knockdowns and distruptors) after Blessing permament  invincibilty nerf. But dmg dealt to enemies on High level is extreamly low.

Blessing Everyone probably know how it works and how important this skill is, but the fact that people keep using it on long runs (i mean really long runs not 20 min surv ) means maybe there is  something wrong  with dmg dealt by enemies not with her blessing (for example corpus tech lvl60+ can rip rhino with iron skin apart in 3 sec with full spin up supra)

Srsly trinity is the best support frame and DE is  trying to do everything to make her unplayable for us..

Edited by Koler93

• Added in a new "PC Type" detection for host election purposes.  Laptops will get a small penalty equivalent to 150ms of ping so as to select the best host possible.

Hopefully this does not effect me negatively. I am running an ASUS laptop with 2GB Dedicated graphics (Nvidia GeForce 745m) and I have no trouble hosting games. Most times the game would switch to me, so I'm curious if I will now have horrible ping? I'm not really sure, but I'm not really for a mass grouping together of the laptop users.

Look at all the things I'll never touch because there is practically no incentive to anymore

e22febe3e3.jpg

42b24c6ad7.jpg

a5319c30d0.jpg

ea379d2bf7.jpg

a6466d85c2.jpg

Digital Extremes, if you wanted to funnel me into using generic things like automatic rifles and crowd control frames you could've just told me.

How much longer do you want to split the community and make changes that make people "happy", the people that didn't like the frame or weapon because they felt that other people playing it somehow impeded on their experience, at the cost of people who actually enjoyed playing the weapon or frame? I've begun to play this game less and less simply because there are less things to enjoy about the game, and it feels like every time I see an update, this issue gets worse and worse, for the sake of "balance".

• Added in a new "PC Type" detection for host election purposes.  Laptops will get a small penalty equivalent to 150ms of ping so as to select the best host possible.

Hopefully this does not effect me negatively. I am running an ASUS laptop with 2GB Dedicated graphics (Nvidia GeForce 745m) and I have no trouble hosting games. Most times the game would switch to me, so I'm curious if I will now have horrible ping? I'm not really sure, but I'm not really for a mass grouping together of the laptop users.

Yeah, 4GB x 2 dedicated graphics here (Dual Nvidia 750ms) and I've never had any players mention hosting issues when I host. I don't understand why laptop/desktop matters so much when we should be looking at PC specs and connection integrity.

Edited by Arabaxus

So this means that my laptop, which is WAY more powerful than my desktop, on the same internet connection as my desktop, gets penalized?

Also is there any way that you can post what the size of the update is?  Sometimes I am on a mobile broadband connection with a data cap and don't want to download an update that could possibly take a good portion of my alottment, or if I should wait till I get home (unlimited wired connection).  I can deal with > 50MB, but would like a little warning if it exceeds that.

Completely agree. Makes no sense.

The reason you should have switched to unranked Blessing after the first round of nerfs, is that Blessing no longer gave invulnerability and your team was best served by your ability to slam out constant full heals.  Unranked Blessing had a shorter duration so it locked you out of healing for less time but still gave a full heal.

Let me explain. Blessing's damage resistance is pointless.  In the early game, only complete newbies will be taking enough damage that they need a full time Trinity and the heal aspect alone will sort them out.  In the late game, by the time your team mates have taken enough damage for the resistance value to be useful and justify the "buff time" (i.e. "lockout time"), they're a hair from death anyway and you're pretty much gambling whether not they take another hit which will kill them in the time it takes you to react to their status.

Since the resistance buff is pointless, you have to look at Blessing from the perspective of healing.  And this change is a massive nerf to its actual healing power. Bless-Spam with a min rank ability was more than halved in power, and a max rank mod has a built in duration "bonus" so it's less spammable.

And here I learn this valuable Trinity info too late to utilize. Sigh.

Thank you DE.  Looking forward to a fix for the Mod UI layout.  I've literally not gone in to do any "modding" since the update to it because my eyes hurt so badly with the new color overlays on the mods and how hard it is to find the mods I'm looking for having been minimized.

One question though, if I may.
Why isn't there any information here about Excalibur's Radial Blind changes?
It does seem rather important, or do you think otherwise?
For those that aren't certain what I'm actually talking about, the said ability now requires direct LoS(line of sight).
I find it to have an immense effect on the way I would usually play with my Excal.(as I'm sure that it would cause similar concerns with the other Excalibur users)

Otherwise, looking forward to using that armor.
Cheers. 

Edit : I'm not trying to provoke any kind of negative behavior, I'm  just asking because that's one of my most used frames and one of the reasons as to why I've enjoyed Warframe so much.  Furthermore, I apologize if this post has caused any contention among the players. 

Edited by ExistenceSD

If you're going to leave this Trinity change intact, then take away the silly "Power in use" thing on it. If I have to cast it twice (or run Intensify) to get a proper, full heal, I'm okay with that, but I'm not okay with having to run a maxed out version that I'm not able to use exactly when I want to.

So, Trinity used to be the one frame that could carry a team of lowbies, enabling them to stay in a surv mission for much longer than they planned to, and receive some thanks in the process. Then DE made her "reactionary", which immediately wiped out the duration builds, as well as any all-round usefulness she had, making Trinities resort to shady tactics to either put up meaningful numbers on resist mechanics, or just use low-rank Blessing to spam it as a 100% complete heal. Now that also is considered an abuse, and not only does Trinity have to wait for people to get hurt before she can be useful, and also catch them before they're dead, but she's also capped at 80% of heal.

Now if the 80% damage reduction was a guaranteed buff for the duration, that might have revived Trinity and restored her to a part of her former glory. Instead we just get another painful and meaningless like a cancer nerf, and an explanation like "we expected you to not like this, but we did it anyway".

Thank you DE, my Trinity is cute enough for me to occasionally equip her in the Arsenal just to look at her and move on. Too bad I'll never use her in her current state because there's simply nothing she's good at anymore. :/

Warframe0205.jpg