Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

14.6.0 Modding Crash

Firesomar_

I cannot seem to switch out any mods on my weapons. When I swap some around and replace it, my game freezes, and I have to forcefully shut it down. I don't know if this is a problem on my end or just a problem in general. It seems its a problem in general. Please provide further information and fix this glitch, DE.

I had a similar issue just now.

My daily login reward was melee xp, which went towards my Dakra Prime. I went to change my mod config from Config B to Config C and my game froze. I had to force close my game.

I then reopened my game and tried to switch to config A on my Dakra Prime, and that worked fine. I switched from Config A to Config C, and froze again. Force closed once more as couldn't do anything else..

Got back in and switched melee weapons and was able to select all 3 configs. Checked secondary and primary configs, worked fine. Went back to the weapon I got the bonus xp on (Dakra Prime) and still can't switch to Config C as it crashes my game. Force closed my game again.

I had a similar issue just now.

My daily login reward was melee xp, which went towards my Dakra Prime. I went to change my mod config from Config B to Config C and my game froze. I had to force close my game.

I then reopened my game and tried to switch to config A on my Dakra Prime, and that worked fine. I switched from Config A to Config C, and froze again. Force closed once more as couldn't do anything else..

Got back in and switched melee weapons and was able to select all 3 configs. Checked secondary and primary configs, worked fine. Went back to the weapon I got the bonus xp on (Dakra Prime) and still can't switch to Config C as it crashes my game. Force closed my game again.

So it seems to only happen on your melee as far as I am seeing here? Huh. I had the same exact issue. I couldn't put Vicious Frost on my Kronen, but I could however, swap the mod order around. At least I know it's not just me.

I think it is Vicious Frost as my only weapons that are having issues are the ones with Vicious Frost equipped. Friend is having problems moving that particular one around as well.

Just happened on my Scindo as well. Switched to Config B which had all 4 of the elemental / status chance mods from the events equipped, and the game crashed.

Sorry for double post... Just tried it a second time, removed and added Vicious Frost just fine, but still can't swap from Config A to Config B on my Scindo and to Config C on my Dakra Prime.

I think it is Vicious Frost as my only weapons that are having issues are the ones with Vicious Frost equipped. Friend is having problems moving that particular one around as well. Just happened on my Scindo as well. Switched to Config B which had all 4 of the elemental / status chance mods from the events equipped, and the game crashed.

It's fine. I'm gonna be on top of this post as much as I can. Just hope this issues get resolved soon. Until then, cannot really play the game since my elemental combos are staying at Corrosive.

I can change loadouts with my primary weapon, but when I try and change my loadout with melee, the screen with the mods kinda goes blank, you can see the out-lines of the layout, but no mods, and then my game freezes, and I cannot access my processes to kill game, so I have to do a hard quit by rebooting windows. This is quite the bad bug.

In order to use the task manager, I had to Ctrl+Shift+Escape (or Control+Alt+Delete and click Task Manager) which brought it up, alt+tab held to make sure it was selected, then hovered over the icon at the bottom taskbar to actually see what I was doing and used my arrows keys to highlight Warframe. Once that was done, had to press the delete key.

So I tried it once more, I tried adding mods on my Dakra Prime (added Vicious Frost) to bring the total of elemental/status mods up to 4) and it froze the game again.

Edited by Gondrith

I was able to put in the mods without crashing by taking every mod off and go back then back in and put mods back in; it didn't freeze up till I went to fix loadout B and tried to go back to A, that's when the game decided to crash right after selecting back to A, It freezes on the spot.

I can confirm this. only on melee weapons and only when swapping from one loadout to another. this is annoying as I use my melee ALOT. now have to manually swap everything on the one loadout just to play it for every mission. HUGE bug please fix quickly!!!!

Edit. Cant even manually swap mods on the one loadout. soon as I try to swap Vicious Frost to another location the game freezes again

Been fiddling around to help resolve this issue for the Devs.

Its not limited to just the status element mods as I tried to remove all the status elements. and just use normal elements and the game still freezes. the bug just simply appears to not like the element combos on melee weapon sides the one it started on when i launch the game. my grineer loadout of Radiation and Viral. 2 of which have status on them (vicious frost and focus energy)

Hope this helps fix this BUG real quick.....will see if manually changing to Infested works or not. without status mods for further testing as I was only testing for corpus manually without status

further testing yields Gas combo works without status. soon as i put on Electricity game freezes.

have to be careful in which order to remove mods too lol as i just discovered as removing wrong mod will yield an elemental combo the game does not like anymore and freeze also. 

ok further testing. if just one elemental combo is present. it works. soon as try add a second combination or even just the extra element by itself. freezes.

So i guess where stuck with manually changing for the most effective combo and leave a secondary element combination vacant till this issue gets resolved.

Edited by Rezin8

Good job starting this thread!  I was about to do the same... my game has crashed time and time again every time I try to mod a weapon.  Only on Melee weapons and swapping loadouts as other posters have noted.

I can confirm it as well.  So let's keep adding to the list and see if DE can figure out what's going on.

Similer problem here. My log in reward was primary weapon xp so i do not think it is related to the log in reward. Using my first loadout slot i have a 0 forma fully ranked and catalyst dragon nikana i wanted to switch from loadout C to Loadout A and it froze the game. looks like a failure to load the UI screen for the new loadout and warframe freezes. MY friend and i have been doing some testing and it does not seem to be related to Vicious frost for us, however it does appear to only occur with a weapon that has a catalyst....2 seperate dragon nikanas and an orthos for me and he tried his orthos, orthos prime, and venka. all of them have a catalyst installed and all of them crashed, weapons like the skana and fang that we did not catalyst do not crash. (also they do not have vicious frost installed)

Steps to Recreate:

1. Log into warframe.

2. Walk to the arsenal segment and interact

3. Select the upgrade for a Melee weapon that has a catalyst installed.

4. Try to chanage between loadouts (A, B, or C)

5. Crash

This does not appear to effect the deconstructor for the sentinal.

Error also occurs when acccessing the arsenal from the escape menu and regardless of starting with weapon equiped or equiping it after the arsenal has been accessed.

It happens on melee weapons for me when I use elemental weapons or do loadout switches. Not with EVERY weapon though.

A weapon that definitely allows me to replicate EVERY time is the glaive prime.

Trying to put on Viscious Frost or Pressing a Loadout Button will lock up my game to the point where I have to log off my PC so the game is closed.

Edited by Shehriazad

I have the same issue with my Kronen.

I cannot put Volcanic Edge and Fever Strike on it without the game locking up. If I put either mod on by itself, it is fine. But having both at the same time causes the game to lock up.

EDIT: I just had the same thing happen with my Dragon Nikana. I moved a few mods around, and even swapped a couple out. But once I put Vicious Frost on, and swapped its position with Fever Strike, the game locked up.

Edited by Teljaxx