Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Consider Shotguns As "noob" Weapons?

JaysInc

This can be said on multiples genres of games and can be even applied to Warframe Dark Sectors PvP. So why is it that when people who use a shotgun get called out for it being a noob weapon?

Honestly, the shotgun takes the same amount of skill as for any other weapon, its just how the player(s) use it determine how effective it is.

So I ask you on how you feel about the shotgun?

EDIT: So to add-on to this "discussion", shotguns seem to be expressed as:

-Lacking skill which requires little to no accuracy

or

-1-hit to the point where everyone wants to flock to it.

Edited by JaysInc

Because the assault rifles do an excellent job up close, carry more ammo, have better CRoF and a larger selection of options.

At the high end there is no reason to limit your range with a shotgun or anything else.

Edited by VKhaun

Shotguns are considered noob Weapons because they're inferior to other Weapon Archetypes in Warframe in every single possible way.

Edit:

every other Weapon Archetype does what Shotguns do, but better. and then does more than what Shotguns do too.

Edited by taiiat

my view is that people see the shotgun as a weapon that requires zero aim to use. Players in PvP hate it because they don't like being shot point blank range and dying in 1-2 hits when they have to unload full clips of rifle ammo. Warframe is different with Shotguns.

I can't spam fire shotguns in this game, unless its got maxed damage mods and tight spread.

Sadly, in most FPS games, shotguns are the one hit kill gun next to rocket launchers and SOME sniper rifles

Because the assault rifles do an excellent job up close, carry more ammo, have better CRoF and a larger selection of options.

At the high end there is no reason to limit your range with a shotgun or anything else.

cause Shotguns 1 hit kill

same thing happens on Destiny right now

everyone picks Shotguns,and we are normal ppl using our rifles.

Shotguns ruin the PvP fun on every Shooter etc game

Most stuff in this game that is considered noob equipment because they give you much reward for less effort. Shotguns - more damage for less need for aim. Iron Skin and Invis - press a button for easy mission winnings.

Alright, so if someone is using a rifle and another is using a shotgun, how is the shotguneer not mowed down by the the rifleman? 

Using a Tigris takes real skill,  I mean after all I can just go around spray'n and pray'n compared to Soma or Boltor P but if I can get close enough while under heavy fire and unload my rounds it is devastating,  and then being stuck in a reload.  After a while it may take two bursts while everyone else is safe and sound at sniping distance.  When it comes down to it.  Shotguns here take a bit more skill than using full auto guns.

Phase=shotgun (i don't care if it is beam weapon in this game is considered shotgun)

Drakgoon=shotgun

Boar prime=shotgun

if anyone have any of this weapons and someone tell him is noob then they don't know what they say and they are ignorant.
And how cares about,noob or pro what is wrong with the people how use this terminology all the time,this is a game if some one have fun with shotgun why someone else need to judge him and call him noob