Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Consider Shotguns As "noob" Weapons?

JaysInc

This can be said on multiples genres of games and can be even applied to Warframe Dark Sectors PvP. So why is it that when people who use a shotgun get called out for it being a noob weapon?

Honestly, the shotgun takes the same amount of skill as for any other weapon, its just how the player(s) use it determine how effective it is.

So I ask you on how you feel about the shotgun?

EDIT: So to add-on to this "discussion", shotguns seem to be expressed as:

-Lacking skill which requires little to no accuracy

or

-1-hit to the point where everyone wants to flock to it.

If you're using a shotgun in PvP, you're target practice to everyone using something that can snipe basically.

But I woudn't call my team-mates noobs if they use it, they just need to carry me till I kill everyone. I am the ADC, Shotguns can be my supports :D as long as they don't feed.

At least rest easy when I tell you this, any game, nearly any shotgun, and I will. not. hit. with. it.

I can no-scope-point-blank-headshot some sniper rifles, and still come out with a better hit rate than a shotgun in my hand.

I will not, ever, consider anyone using a shotgun as "noob" just because they can effectively use something I can barely use.

I don't really consider Phage a shotgun and I can hit with it well enough, Drakgoon fully charged is also fine enough for me too, but the rest, never. I miss up close, I miss mid range, I can seem to hit long range but...well...shotguns aren't for long ranges. Trust me on this, I held a fully automatic shotgun in a certain game and I miss with it point blank ranges where my rifles score bountiful headshots.

Players in PvP hate it because they don't like being shot point blank range and dying in 1-2 hits when they have to unload full clips of rifle ammo

Unload full clips of rifle ammo? Meet Kiri, my Karak. A short burst of 3 rounds or so can kill you unless you are using Rhino or Valkyr. Which go ahead I will pour in 30 bullets into your body. (and somehow still not kill T_T)