Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Massive Fps Drop (U14.6.0 - U14.6.1) - Unplayable!

I-KILU

Ok. This is a huge problem for me at least...as for some others i reckon. Just playing in Void before 14.6.0...was everything run smoothly as usual - 60-90 FPS (same on ship). The "14.6 patch" message was pop-up. I left the tileset, quit the game, update it, launch it...lolwhut - 40 FPS on the ship?! 20-25 in planet whell?!...Restarting the Void mission till the same tileset loads, with same spawn point = 35-40 FPS...remind you...before, was at 85-90 FPS at spawn! Same spawn, same tileset...twice less FPS?! What is goin on?! I literally can't play with that performance...

PS. And of course, I did not change any in-game visual settings after new patch...just re-checked that they are the same as before the patch....I always do.

Edited by I-KILU

Same here, I have a beastly custom built computer that is always at 60 FPS (It's capped there) and drops to about 45-50 when there are tons of enemies (like around 40 mins in a T4S) but now I'm getting a consistent whopping 40 FPS that drops to about 20 when there are a couple enemies around.  I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm not happy about this FPS nerf or the Radial Blind nerf.  14.6 is a bad update in general...  Thanks DE.

Are you guys NVIDIA users as well? After the update I was having massive fps spikes but after fiddling around with Display settings a bit, turning off PhysX seems to have fixed it.

I am an NVIDIA user, but I had PhysX off when I originally logged on and noticed that my framerate had more than halved itself.

So what?! I have kinda good and powerful PC and to order to play a game with a performance bug I should lower the in-game settings?!..To what?! Set my display resolution to 640x480 maybe...with minimal settings and such?! This is BS!

This performance problem we having nothing to do with IQ of the game in this patch...they didn't changed anything regarding IQ in this patch...some people just made a mistake with tuning in-game effects settings and such. Lowering IQ cause some dude made a mistake with something - this is a BS!

PS. This problem would be easy solved IF only the devs give us ability to fine tune in-game IQ settings...via *.ini files and such...rather close those stuff for themselves. I'm talking about fine tuning every in-game IQ settings separatly and in depth...like CryEngine cvars or so.

"Local Reflection" issue - confermed.

So...goodness...some DE intern dude increased "reflections res" or it's "cool off" distance or such...and halved the frame rates of us all.

Good job DE!..Can you fix that @#@#%%! please?! 

Edited by I-KILU

U14.6.1...same frames amount. #$#$#$#@!

PS. DE, your bug in "local reflection" params...fix it pls.

PPS. We can fix this by ourselves...if you give us in-depth control over in-game IQ settings via *.ini variables edit ;)

Edited by I-KILU