Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing Lan But Can't See Each Other

Finguine

Question

I'm a pretty regular player, mastery 17, played over a year... but some buddies of mine are newer, and don't get on very often... especially since we're on the same Local Area Network... they're right in the next room, so we don't need mics or anything... but the game wont let us play in the same mission together! You DEs do it all the time on Prime Time! Why can't we?! I'm trying to not let them get burned out when they get wrecked on stuff I've wrecked since my early days (and a lot of the random players they get stuck with aren't too helpful usually...)

Please help us be in the same mission, someone!

Edited by Finguine

11 answers to this question

All previous attempts to get help from DE on other issues have resulted in nothing... from "we're aware" then waiting -months- for chat to work again... to "you don't have it cause you used it" when the numbers didn't calculate from the before and after.... (over twice the number missing as amount used)..... so my only options are it seems... wait and hope it fixes... or seek help elsewhere...

Try setting yourselves to use different network ports. It's somewhere in the game's Options menu where you can pick which two network ports your client uses. If you're both set to the default ports, that's probably the conflict. I've had similar issues playing on a LAN with a friend before and setting my network ports different from my friend's settings and then restarting both clients fixed it.

Just an FYI, anything to do with the router is out of the question... not only have I no clue what, how, why, etc. I'm not the owner of it (they're a bit of an &#!, but it's a solid connection, so meh...)

To clerify....

My defaults are Enable UPnP and NAT-PMP are both on... Ports UDP 4950 & 4955.... so I should change those numbers on one of the comps? And that should fix it? (hoping it does... I gots extras they need... nothing game breaking, just max regen and such for their sentinel)

Yeah, just change the ports used in game so each of you uses some different ports. If upnp is enabled on the router you should be fine with this change, because then it automatically forwards the right ports. If that doesnt help you should get in touch with the admin of your network, so he can enable it or give each of you strict ips and forward the ports. Its necessary if u want to play together in the same mission.

Edited by sp33chle55

Yeah, just change the ports used in game so each of you uses some different ports. If upnp is enabled on the router you should be fine with this change, because then it automatically forwards the right ports. If that doesnt help you should get in touch with the admin of your network, so he can enable it or give each of you strict ips and forward the ports. Its necessary if u want to play together in the same mission.

What he said. With UPNP enabled in the game, as long as UPNP is enabled on the router (and I believe it's almost always enabled by default) then just changing the ports in the game client itself will fix the problem.

Tried it, and we can see each other online (though that might've just been some random update from whenever back...) but it keeps failing the connection... tried it multiple times, each way... any other ideas, or anything more specific? Keeping in mind, router itself is pretty much off limits for messing with... has to be comp based...