Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The [New] Trinity And Excalibur Builds 9/10/2014

MaverickZero

Question

Hi,

So, if you haven't logged in and played using them yet here's what's new:

1. Trinity's Blessing doesn't fully heal without power strength mods.

2. Excalibur's Radial Blind is now a Line of Sight CC ability.

This ruined most of the working builds prior to the hotfix so in the spirit of adaptation I'm creating this thread.

Post the new builds that you think will work. You don't have to test them yourself.

Excalibur was already weak, having only 1 out of 4 good skills (the other 3 are honestly a piece of S#&$ and everyone knows it, they're not worth the space they take), and now that skill was nerfed quite a bit. Add that Excalibur has the most average stats in the game, he has not high shield or health, he's slow, he has low energy, and has medium armor. 

Who seriously thought Excalibur needed a nerf? Jesus, he's crying for a buff.

In his current form, I don't think any Excalibur build will work.

Indeed, I've tried messing around with a balance of strength, range, and duration in a Dash/Jump/Blind build. Excellent mobility, but the optimal conditions for a blind requires a jump beforehand, and even then, not all the enemies get blinded. Ran a quick T1 Ext to test it out, probably half of the enemies I intended to blind were affected. All others were either behind minor cover or beyond my range. And that 50 + 10 energy per use for a possibly optimal blind? You can only use it twice unless you take out some other mods for efficiency/max power.

Edited by Xandis

UrhpXrG.png

My go Trin build still works fine... for now. I`ve even tested quick thinking and it still feels the same to me

Btw you run this build with a decay key equiped stock energy with energy vamp, and rage is a fall back to make sure you are always topped up with energy.

Ummm QT got nerfed to crap...

Every build I've tried doesn't work. Except, a Radial Blind build...which is very unreliable and in no way can get past 40 minutes of survival.

I'll sadly have to give up on Excal until someone figures out a build for him. He feels like a Hydroid minus Undertow (a very powerful self survival tool) and of course less fun.

UrhpXrG.png

My go Trin build still works fine... for now. I`ve even tested quick thinking and it still feels the same to me

Btw you run this build with a decay key equiped stock energy with energy vamp, and rage is a fall back to make sure you are always topped up with energy.

You're using Blessing for the damage reduction. That still works. I'm not sure if QT+R combo is still effective however.

You're using Blessing for the damage reduction. That still works. I'm not sure if QT+R combo is still effective however.

Also, not using power strength gives you 80% damage reduction....

[Correction] Blessing gives 99% damage reduction not 80%.

Edited by MaverickZero

Excal is screwed. All I can see is use NT instead of a second range mod and cast even more frequently than before. And stick to open spaces.

Most of my Trin builds already had Intensify slotted for EV. All I need to change is bring Blessing from R0 to R2, reducing my recast time from 1.2 (1.5) seconds to 2.8 (3.5) seconds, and it heals 97.5% instead of 100%. Thats about a 60-70% loss in healing power in tight situations.

My long duration high DR build is unaffected.