Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The [New] Trinity And Excalibur Builds 9/10/2014

MaverickZero

Question

Hi,

So, if you haven't logged in and played using them yet here's what's new:

1. Trinity's Blessing doesn't fully heal without power strength mods.

2. Excalibur's Radial Blind is now a Line of Sight CC ability.

This ruined most of the working builds prior to the hotfix so in the spirit of adaptation I'm creating this thread.

Post the new builds that you think will work. You don't have to test them yourself.

Ummm QT got nerfed to crap...

QT still works.... it gives me the 2-3 seconds to cast blessing.

[spolier]

qoijv8n.png

NsxTAS6.png

These pictures were taken roughly 3 seconds into QT taking effect the second pic was with two heavy gunners instead.

[spolier]

And the 99% damage reduction is actually pretty much invincible like good old Trinity.

[spolier]

Lb1UaOt.png

Blessing only lasts 20 ish seconds i was taking a pounding the whole time, not a scratch.

[spolier]

You're using Blessing for the damage reduction. That still works. I'm not sure if QT+R combo is still effective however.

QT + rage combo doesn`t work yes, but i simply have it for bringing my energy to max, if it`s not already, to take full advantage of QT.

Edit: forgot to mention this is  T3 Key i was testing with

Edited by 4ever4gotin

Wait, what do you mean by QT+Rage combo doesn't work?  Doesn't rage still fill up your energy as your health drops with blessing restoring your health with max DR from QT kicking in?

Check the 2nd video: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/308010-quick-thinking-not-stealth-nerfed/#entry3490060

It could be that a max rank QT is bugged.

Edited by MaverickZero

*snip*

What level is that Gunner?

Also, I thought the Rage + QT combo hasn't worked since the nerf anyway because when you are at 2hp and taking QT damage that draws from your energy pool, the game doesn't count you as taking health damage. Thus, you wouldn't be gaining energy back unless you were running an Equilibrium Nekros who had a bunch of health orbs laying around or if you were popping hp restores like mad.

I dunno. I like the idea of having to take Line of Sight into account when using abilities. But the RB change wasn't implemented correctly, since enemies can block their friends behind them from getting blinded. RB should have some innate penetration. That way, only very thick cover like doors and crates and walls would block it. No more blinding dudes an entire room over when the doors are closed.

Also, I thought the Rage + QT combo hasn't worked since the nerf anyway because when you are at 2hp and taking QT damage that draws from your energy pool, the game doesn't count you as taking health damage. Thus, you wouldn't be gaining energy back unless you were running an Equilibrium Nekros who had a bunch of health orbs laying around or if you were popping hp restores like mad.

That's WIA. It's no longer an endless cycle of infinite life, but simply an extension to the health pool. In this case we'd be popping Blessing soon after QT activates, healing to full (or nearly, now). On most other builds using it, we incorporate Life Strike into the build (or Renewal/Hysteria) to make it cyclic.

What level is that Gunner?

I dunno. I like the idea of having to take Line of Sight into account when using abilities. But the RB change wasn't implemented correctly, since enemies can block their friends behind them from getting blinded. RB should have some innate penetration. That way, only very thick cover like doors and crates and walls would block it. No more blinding dudes an entire room over when the doors are closed.

Rage is to make sure you have a lot of energy before hitting 2 Hp. It's just there as a guarantee. Not really required. 

Edited by MaverickZero

I'm not all that upset about the Excalibur nerf, mostly because I found Radial Blind spam kinda boring overall. I preferred using him as a solo-mode melee 'frame that looks wicked cool in his Proto-Armor, but I do recognize that this nerf is quite severe. I'm hoping they give it some innate penetration, or at least look into his skillset as a whole and revamp him around it. I'd be happy if Radial Javelin and Super Jump became more effective and interesting tools for Excal's kit, do what they did with Oberon and give him a facelift.

Maybe I'm being optimistic. Either way, I think the priority for the next buff has shifted away from Ember or Saryn and onto Excalibur.

Dang, Excalibur players are even more dramatic than Banshee players.

I kid.

Anyway, I think I'll rebuild Trinity now. There's been a drought of them and the few that I do find don't do a very good job of being Trinity. Maybe putting myself in their shoes will help me understand their "plight" (though she still seems perfectly viable).

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Dang, Excalibur players are even more dramatic than Banshee players.

I kid.

Anyway, I think I'll rebuild Trinity now. There's been a drought of them and the few that I do find don't do a very good job of being Trinity. Maybe putting myself in their shoes will help me understand their "plight" (though she still seems perfectly viable).

Trinity is definitely still viable but the switch to pretty much having to use a maxed out Blessing sucks for things like going 40 min+ in survival. That's why I switched to a rank 0 Blessing in my Trinity. Even getting to 2 hp and popping Blessing my team was still taking massive damage through the supposed 99% damage reduction and I'd be left hoping they didn't go down before my 12 second cooldown was up so I could heal again. I'm going to keep saying it I really think they need to make it so you don't have to wait for the damage reduction to end before casting Blessing again and have the damage reduction from a new cast of Blessing replace the old. 

Trinity is definitely still viable but the switch to pretty much having to use a maxed out Blessing sucks for things like going 40 min+ in survival. That's why I switched to a rank 0 Blessing in my Trinity. Even getting to 2 hp and popping Blessing my team was still taking massive damage through the supposed 99% damage reduction and I'd be left hoping they didn't go down before my 12 second cooldown was up so I could heal again. I'm going to keep saying it I really think they need to make it so you don't have to wait for the damage reduction to end before casting Blessing again and have the damage reduction from a new cast of Blessing replace the old. 

Speak o' the devil. Today's updates did just that, literally ten minutes after you posted this. It'll be interesting to hear what Trinities have to say about this change.