Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worst Weapon You've Ever Potatoed?

(PSN)Superegg72

I generally potato everything I get my hands on, as you can't really know the full potential of the weapon unless you give it some decent mod capacity. I generally don't sell many items because of this; it seems like a waste of a catalyst/reactor.

That being said I sold the Grakata after catalysing it. Really didn't appeal to me. Vectis too, actually.

Dera, I had no idea DE hated the darn thing so much...

Poor Dera. I still like it.

Hek because it was baos, when I first had it, but after a year of hiatus, I came back and it was crap.

Angstrum because it's super clunky and the only thing that was fun about it was spamming 28 rockets per shot and that got nerfed.

Despair because everyone keeps on telling me what an awesome weapon it is, but when I got it and had it potatoed, I realized its slow as f*** and my brakk and lex prime performed better than it. Also its holster is ugly.

Sorta regret - amprex, people keep on telling me how awesome it is, but even though I potatoed and 4 formaed it, I'm always afraid of using it because of its ammo drain and 20m range. Also its kinda ugly.

Reaper Prime - The only thing going for it is that it looks nice.

Latron Prime - its pretty good and I liked it for awhile, but then I realized that my lex prime fills a better role as a mid range dmr weapon. Primaries should either go for super high damage or massive killing ability, and the latron prime just doesn't do it for me.

Pretty sure I once potatoed an MK1 Braton. THAT was a poor decision...

Other than that Obex back before Melee 2.0. I just did not like that weapon. Didn't do very much damage on charge attacks, and spam attacks were god awful back then for a number of reasons. I feel like I probably still wouldn't like them if I built them again anyway.

Acrid and Hek, somewhat. I had fun using them when they were among the "best" weapons in the game, but nowadays, both are more or less niche.

Dera, definitely. This was before Clan Tech got oversaturated with "bleh-tier" weapons, so Dera was actually kind of good when it was just it and the Braton Prime (and no Soma yet). It's not the worse weapon out there, but its definitely a lot weaker than the alternatives.

I'd say the same with Supra and Flux, but at least those two are still enjoyable to some extent.

I, for the longest time, had a potato'd and forma'd Vulkar, when it was the only available sniper in the game in U8. The day after i forma it, snipetron vandal event happens. I sold it a year after i first got it, my second crafted weapon. Other than that not really.