With The Recent Changes To Radial Blind...

ViLeDeth

I am unable to see it being "worse" than before. I think the change now forces people to use it at choke points or for a quick "oh s----" button.

That's pretty much what it was for anyways. Blind your enemies so they can't target you directly unless you make sound.

I did a few runs in the void with it and to be frank, it makes more sense than before. Enemies within range/line of sight and not behind walls get blinded.

To be fair to those who want the old Radial Blind back, I enjoyed how it worked too but after playing with the changes its just a matter of adaption and change of intention when running with radial blind in your kit.

I am unable to see it being "worse" than before. I think the change now forces people to use it at choke points or for a quick "oh s----" button.

That's pretty much what it was for anyways. Blind your enemies so they can't target you directly unless you make sound.

I did a few runs in the void with it and to be frank, it makes more sense than before. Enemies within range/line of sight and not behind walls get blinded.

To be fair to those who want the old Radial Blind back, I enjoyed how it worked too but after playing with the changes its just a matter of adaption and change of intention when running with radial blind in your kit.

It may well make more sense, but it's an unnecessary nerf to an underperforming frame's only viable endgame skill.

I can see why they did it. No matter how much people may say video games don't have to make sense, the way light works is a pretty hard constant.

I think it might have been a little too severe though. What I think they should have done is changed it so that passing through walls reduces the duration of the stun, so that enemies on the far side of a wall will still get blinded but only momentarily. This could be relative to wall thickness or something, I don't know.

I can see why they did it. No matter how much people may say video games don't have to make sense, the way light works is a pretty hard constant.

I think it might have been a little too severe though. What I think they should have done is changed it so that passing through walls reduces the duration of the stun, so that enemies on the far side of a wall will still get blinded but only momentarily. This could be relative to wall thickness or something, I don't know.

Meanwhile Reckoning AND Prism still get a free pass.

Because Prism is a powerful laser beam while Reckoning is basically oberon using telekinesis to bro lift everything around him even through walls. And blinding them if they survive.

I am considering RB to be broken unless Reckoning and Prism gets the same "adjustment".

Then it will the signal the beginning of every frame AOE and skill to be affected by LOS.

Edited by fatpig84

Meanwhile Reckoning AND Prism still get a free pass.

Because Prism is a powerful laser beam while Reckoning is basically oberon using telekinesis to bro lift everything around him even through walls. And blinding them if they survive.

I am considering RB to be broken unless Reckoning and Prism gets the same "adjustment".

Then it will the signal the beginning of every frame AOE and skill to be affected by LOS.

Only direct-contact based AoE should get line of sight. Basically, anything that shoots out from your frame or whatever and hits an enemy. Telekinesis isn't direct contact, so no line of sight required. Prism should probably get line of sight though. Or as I said, give direct-contact abilities a penalty for going through walls.