Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Radial Blind Nerf Was Justified.

achromos

unfortunately no,  not as much as it used to be.

I have a feeling this also means i can't solo with him and use radial blind at the bottom room and still affect enemies on the second floor abov?

That makes me kinda sad :/ at least excal still has mobility, but hopefully this doesn't mean hes only useful in situations where everyone is out in the open

The only reason DE made this "fix" was because they saw that Excalibur is getting popular and didn't want another Trinity running about so they went with this also because he was rissing in popularity he would outshine Nyx (since he always had) so they "fixed" him to maximize the Nyx prime purchases. May not be true but stuff like this happens everywhere, however they said they will wait for feedback during the night so maybe if enough of us get angry about it they might do something for Excalibur (which I doubt). Also after this stunt I wouldn't be surprised if they targeted other underrated frames, maybe give Volt's Eletric SHield hp now ? Vortex having maimum nr of enemies sucked in ?

Either way this nerf does not feel justified for the face boy of the game and also the least used frame in the game. RB is still functional (and as far as I know does not have a limited nr of enemeis affected) but it's hard to use since 80% of tilesets and rooms don't help RB out.

The only reason DE made this "fix" was because they saw that Excalibur is getting popular and didn't want another Trinity running about so they went with this also because he was rissing in popularity he would outshine Nyx (since he always had) so they "fixed" him to maximize the Nyx prime purchases. May not be true but stuff like this happens everywhere, however they said they will wait for feedback during the night so maybe if enough of us get angry about it they might do something for Excalibur (which I doubt). Also after this stunt I wouldn't be surprised if they targeted other underrated frames, maybe give Volt's Eletric SHield hp now ? Vortex having maimum nr of enemies sucked in ?

Either way this nerf does not feel justified for the face boy of the game and also the least used frame in the game. RB is still functional (and as far as I know does not have a limited nr of enemeis affected) but it's hard to use since 80% of tilesets and rooms don't help RB out.

it does have a limited number of enemies effected... it goes off of power strength too.

no one can argue it was overpowered because:

-you still have to kill the enemies, it was soft CC and wore off under 20secs max 

- it was underused, MASSIVELY UNDERUSED, very rarely would u be in a pub T4 with a rad blind excalibro 

no one can argue logic (source of light is blocked thus cannot blind) because:

-real world physics and logic dont apply to warframe, there are so many broken physics and concepts you cant just pick and choose when its convenient for you 

no one can say it was necessary:

-how many other overpowered abilities and frames are constantly spammed for high level play ? where is their nerfs ?? arnt they more deserving to be nerfed before something as underused as excalibro ??? would that be logical ????

I think its hilarious that they stealth nerfed him

YOU RIGHT ITS HILARIOUS HA HA HA HA 

I don't hate Excaliber, he is actually a frame I like aesthetically.  Though again, I cannot personally show you now... but before the "fix" I have tried it out in survival and with Max Range (overextend + stretch) It covered the whole room, locking all the enemies down.  For a time enemies would just stand stock still, NOT doing a thing other than holding their head in pain.  Then when they did move, they would not see me (still blinded) and i could fire at them and they didn't react to my presence.  With the amount of efficiency I had on my 1 Forma Excal... I could spam it and lock a room down, and if I really wanted to I could just plunk down a Team Energy restore and just have the room in lock down almost infinately even if enemies didn't drop energy orbs. (apparently a bug...)

So... I really never felt threatened by enemies as long as I could press 4 and every one of them within a mile radius stopped in their tracks. (apparently a bug..)

Personally, treat Slash-dash like the shuriken ability that ash has, give it a heavy bleed proc and give the jav ability a stun on enemies hit and reduce the windup time or something.  I DON'T want to see Excalibur reduced to nothing, I absolutely do not advocate the nerfing of a warframe to the point his abilitys are ineffective or not fun...  :/

'press 4'

RB is bound to 2.

If you see within the past 5 patchnotes DE fixed 'FIXED RB STUNNING ENEMIES INDEFINITELY'.

I said them standing stupid not moving indefinitely was a bug. If I have not made that clear I apologize.

You were using a maximised build, correct? You maxed one ability. Shouldn't a maxed out ability outperform it's regular counterpart?

What is the point of CC? Place enemies under your control, stop or reduce their damage dealing abilities.

RB was just doing it's job. 

If doing it's jub get's an ability nerfed....

I dunno what to say.

My response is in bold.

no one can argue it was overpowered because:

-you still have to kill the enemies, it was soft CC and wore off under 20secs max 

- it was underused, MASSIVELY UNDERUSED, very rarely would u be in a pub T4 with a rad blind excalibro 

I can, and I just did and I will repeat myself.  Any ability that has the capeability of freezing every enemy in place and putting them in a way where they cannot respond permanently (if may have been a bug, but it still wasn't fixed as of yesterday... I was JUST playing as Excal.) (Just plunk down a team energy restore and trust me... as long as you have decent efficiency too... it can effectively be permanent.) The moment that they start moving, you could lock them down again.

no one can argue logic (source of light is blocked thus cannot blind) because:

-real world physics and logic dont apply to warframe, there are so many broken physics and concepts you cant just pick and choose when its convenient for you 

Exactly, and I don't think that applying logic in the LoS thing was well thought out either.  It is logical, but for gameplay it is questionable when considering every other frames ability.

no one can say it was necessary:

-how many other overpowered abilities and frames are constantly spammed for high level play ? where is their nerfs ?? arnt they more deserving to be nerfed before something as underused as excalibro ??? would that be logical ????

Actually, as a Oberon I use Smite to knock down things like heavy gunners and shoot them with a bow to finish them...  I maybe use Reckoning if surrounded, or I need to clear some space and get someone up out of bleedout, I use renewal to heal and slow bleedouts and I use hallowed ground for anti-proc's and I frequently play with enemies that are around level 50.

I usually see a lot of people however stomping in regular matches as Rhino and clearing full rooms, using Avalanche as Frost, or even banshee now using her AoE.  I am not advocating for nerfs, and I don't want Excalibur to fade into the back.  I am saying that no frame should have a ability to disable EVERY enemy in a 5 mile radius (which I guess that few seconds where they weren't moving was a bug, but they should have fixed THAT instead.) for a very very low cost that can be maintained if you really want it.

'press 4'

RB is bound to 2.

If you see within the past 5 patchnotes DE fixed 'FIXED RB STUNNING ENEMIES INDEFINITELY'.

I said them standing stupid not moving indefinitely was a bug. If I have not made that clear I apologize.

You were using a maximised build, correct? You maxed one ability. Shouldn't a maxed out ability outperform it's regular counterpart?

What is the point of CC? Place enemies under your control, stop or reduce their damage dealing abilities.

RB was just doing it's job. 

If doing it's jub get's an ability nerfed....

I dunno what to say.

Yes, I was using a Maximized build, It could have used a few more formas and I was going to put QT + Rage on it but thankfully was saved the time and effort...  Anyway, again they stated to have it fixed and yet it still did that.  Though I will consider it a bug and if that alone was actually fixed? Then it wouldn't be as bad, again however I do have a issue with the OVER-nerf of the ability...

Edited by Sibarian

It's probably even worse that they didn't even include t in the update nots. Does this fix make excalibur totally useless? perhaps not, but it significantly decreases his viabilitiy and effectiveness for anyone who has invested time in him, especially since they didn't give him something to commpensate.

Before this, people could say"Hahaha Excalibur noob hes useless" etc, and we could show them how viable he was by bringing him to endgame and providing effective teamplay with blind, but now, you've got to be kidding to want to take him anywhere because every single enemy rushes to cover the moment you are seen...., is there even a reason to use radial blind?

Id quit the game entirely because of this if it didn't sound so extremely stupid to do so, but having the posterboy of the game be so extremely situational is a horrible idea