Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox Player Looking For Help Or Advice

(XBOX)Terra x Aqua

Question

I can bearly do enough damage and cant even do void or OD,just looking for a build or what ppl can suggest to me,cant get the corupted mods,or mods you gert at OD,   

I have a rhino max level

930 shield

Skills skin,stomp,roar

Mod just redirection

Weapon

Grakata

Mods are serration lvl 4 or 5,point strike max,unranked bane of grineer

Weapon

Sicarus

Mods are hornet strike max,pistol gambit lvl 2,heated charge unranked,convulsion unranked

Sword

Skana

Mods are iron phoniox unranked,organ shatter,pressure poinnte lvl 3,fury lvl 3,melee prowess,north wind,true steel,fever strike all unrranked

My concave rating is 709

I just reached master rank 4

But like i said i bearly have any damage,i really dont like the grakata just shoots to fast recoil bad,i was using the boltor but thought i upgrade to grakata,,  anyways if you guys have any advice or help that be great

Thanks

13 answers to this question

You're gonna need a lot more mods on those suckers before you even try to do Void or Derelict missions. Your best bet is probably running survival missions on the star chart.

Edit: maybe not more mods, just focus on ranking up the ones you have. Power up them weps.

Edited by DeathKoala

Yeah, you definitely need more mods. Grakata can be a beast, but you need at least some elemental mods on it first.

And do yourself a favor and get a better melee weapon that Skana. At this point you should at least have a blueprint for Cronus, even if you don't buy any prints off the Market. Build that sucker and get it leveled.

more mods isn't necessarily the solution.

ranking up the ones you have is.

try the latron, it's a single-shot rifle that packs a pretty good punch. it's excellent ammo conservation and works well with a fairly low ranked serration.

keep in mind, also, that an unranked mod is barely worth it. every point of additional mod rank adds the base mod value again.

so for the cost of one additional mod point, you're getting the base value again. 

so if a mod costs 4 on base, and provides a 15% bonus. then at 5, you're receiving 30%, 6 = 45%, 7 = 60% and by 8, you've reached 75%.

so double the mod costs for a 5x bonus.

you're reaching the point in your progression where ranking your mods is the best strategy.

Edited by xethier

No been saving my catalyst  sense the gakata hhas no polarity slot but have 2 made, no formas yet need to farm resources to be made, no reactor yet waiting for the invasions,been trying to farm flow and,vital sense but no luck been at it for 2 days they said mods droped at flow is apolo on merc and vital is wave 2 on iapotus on saturn but no luck

Hello WarFramers,

I am new to the game and feel like I am fumbling through this game blind. Even started a clan and trying to help the 3 other members the best I can. Not sure I am helping them that much. It would be AWESOME if there is someone out there who could add me on xbox one so we could party chat for some guidance. I think I have spent TOO many credits on things I shouldn't have spent them on. 

This game is AMAZING, I LOVE IT! 

Just looking for some helpful insight/guidance so I am not wasting all my time and credits along with trying to guide my other clan members. Blind leading the blind isn't the best way to go. lol

Thanks for any/all help!

GamerTag: MAX360 FreeFlow

On PC, the Grakata takes some getting used to, but can be controlled. The recoil is straight up, so you can compensate for it.

However, on console, this may be more difficult due to the controller.

The Grakata has two tricks:

1) Crit chance.

2) Status chance.

The downside is that it does little raw damage and eats ammo. When I use this, I generally use it with some elemental that will give me the status effect I want. Corrosive is very good with Grineer.

Really, you need to think along RPG lines. Crit, elemental, Status, enemy resists, etc. are the keys that turn an average weapon into a good one. And in this game, the MODs are the power.

For starters you might want to hit the auto install button on the mod screen for all your gear. It's far from a perfect solution, but it'll give you a rough gauge as to what differences installing more mods will make (see change in stats). Try playing a few missions to feel the difference in game.

Next you'll want to read the wiki, specifically the section on Damage 2.0 as that will tell you what damage type and elemental type is good against each faction.

Finally, look through the mod list (play around with what you have first before deciding to buy/trade off players) and see what mods complement your playing style. Rank those mods up through fusion. Experiment. Change your mod loadout based on situations (mission type, frame, enemy, etc).

Hope that helps.

Hello WarFramers,

I am new to the game and feel like I am fumbling through this game blind. Even started a clan and trying to help the 3 other members the best I can. Not sure I am helping them that much. It would be AWESOME if there is someone out there who could add me on xbox one so we could party chat for some guidance. I think I have spent TOO many credits on things I shouldn't have spent them on. 

This game is AMAZING, I LOVE IT! 

Just looking for some helpful insight/guidance so I am not wasting all my time and credits along with trying to guide my other clan members. Blind leading the blind isn't the best way to go. lol

Thanks for any/all help!

GamerTag: MAX360 FreeFlow

use your free platinum to buy weapon and warframe slots in the inventory.  I think someone said xbox inventory is from the menu from the start button (?).   I am also fairly new, about 2 weeks in, and already I have 3 frames to build (lacking materials but soon..)  so after only a brief time I need 4 frame slots (orig+ the 3)  and more likely to follow.   And weapons could be an issue --- weapon tab is a catch-all for all 3 types (main, secondary, and melee).   If you later decide to max/min a weapon for each enemy type you need at least 12 weapon slots (9 for max/min and 3 free for leveling up junk to rank up).  

getting started, keep it simple.  Early on these few tips are all you need really:

-- use puncture on grineer.

-- use impact on corpus (and bosses, impact cuts on shields)

-- use slash on infected (unlikely to see too many of these, don't sweat this enemy type early on).

that makes the braton (from credits in the market) a good starter weapon, it has all 3 damage types and is fairly easy to control and various mods work well.  

mods... rank them up with fusion cores and duplicate copies.   Other mods work but you get less per go.  Match the polarity icon if nothing else when ranking them up.

Match strengths.  That is, if you have  a wepon with 20 impact, 5 puncture, and 5 slash damage --- put on a +% impact mod.  20% more impact is +4.  20% more puncture is +1.   Same for crit etc... if a weapon has a 5% chance to crit, even a 200% increase is weak; while a weapon with a 20% crit chance gains a lot from it.  

that is enough to get your items to 30 and to get past the first 3 starter planets.  After that you can read the wiki and learn more about elemental damage types,  what to use on which enemy,  which warframe(s) you might like to earn, which weapons, etc.

-- the game wants you to buy a kubrow but they cost a constant drain on your credits -- credits that you need badly for fusion and crafting.    I highly recommend a dethmachine until much, much, much later.

Edited by jonnin