General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Issues Might Easily Be Neglected In Rarely Checked Sections

nubnubbud

The launcher issue that results in broken and repeated update attempts, barring startup, seems to be spreading, and no response or mention has been seen from any developer, and the community moderators have done their job well in keeping it within the launcher section.

HOWEVER, because of the topic's lack of visitors (the launcher seemed very stable after early summer, and it's hard to believe it's so complex that it's prone to bugs), the issue seems to have gone unnoticed except by those experiencing it.

The section it is relegated to has usually about 2-3 topics every day, but has had 13 topics started in the last day, most about the same issue, and no one has found a fix, the only word we have are the people who come across it and post "I have this issue as well.".

I'm making this topic here to create a bridge to an otherwise stagnant, but serious issue from the update on the 10th, hoping for a fix, workaround, or at least response from someone. Plenty of us can't get into the game, and these huge alerts that seem to cruelly go on regardless have us scrambling for a fix.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/52-launcher-updater/

please do not move this post to the Launcher thread, as I don't want to preach to the choir.

Edited by nubnubbud

"Don't move my launcher thread with the other launcher threads, mine is different guys, come on, it totally is I swear"

yes, I said the word "launcher". that does not mean this is a thread about it.

it's a thread about the lack of response in another important topic.

this thread has no point if placed in the topic that needs more responses.

Edited by nubnubbud

number of topics created =/= DE reads the high traffic section more

i think they glance at each sub-forums

As for the problem, tried messing around with the options in launcher? enable disable DX11/10, mulitithreading, 64 bit mode, etc

Edited by Adaptor-Face

number of topics created =/= DE reads the high traffic section more

i think they glance at each sub-forum

you'd at least think if they say a group of us and decided to do something, they'd post. they did last time something like this happened, but it's fairly possible they didn't anticipate game-breaking bugs from a patch to appear in a launcher.

As for the problem, tried messing around with the options in launcher? enable disable DX11/10, mulitithreading, 64 bit mode, etc

I've tried every combination of those, as well as the languages,

reinstalled twice,

adjusted my internet settings (my community has a monopoly internet provider, 'cause universities, and has a mandatory, but free proxy that prevents bypassing, but hasn't been a problem the two years I've played the game here. shouldn't have an effect on the launcher on this update)

and verified the cache, both with steam, and the launcher's tools.

I started it up outside of the steam folder, but it gives me the "could not create file ... Cache.windows\B.Misc.Cache.tmp" error. this actually just started happening, but the non-steam install might justhave messed up. Activated through Steam it reports no error, and just keeps restarting as per usual.

Edited by nubnubbud

tried starting the launcher outside of steam with "Start as administrator"? or tried installing the steamless version (downloaded from this site)?

I'm running the launcher as an admin now, but it'll take an hour or two more to fully download and install the steamless version.

(manually running the updater started a new install, so I'm assuming it's just downloading a separate one.)

(edit. same unable to create tmp from the installer, that's why I ran the launcher as admin, which seems to be a launcher-controlled reinstall. and just received confirmation that the service provider and proxy do not cause this issue)

Edited by nubnubbud