The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Melee Mod Ui Crash. Problem Found Possibly.

Shuuro

After experimenting a bit, it seems the game only crashes when you are dealing with a melee weapon that has all 4 dual stat elemental event mods equipped.

When unequipping all mods and slowly adding them all back, upon adding another elemental mod, the game would crash.

When moving other elemental mods around, the game would also crash.

This only seems to effect weapons that have a full layout of mods installed. As I was able to add in mods freely on a weapon that had Vicious Frost and Fever Strike. Example being my Karyst Dagger.

brEyWWL.jpg

DhaKDUQ.jpg

Trying to change any of my elemental mods from my Glaive Prime though, in this loadout:

FOePe0H.jpg

Results in a crash and in need of a force shut down.

Trying to change From A to B, or A to C on the Glaive prime also results in the crash, while I can freely switch between A B C on the Karyst dagger.

Switching from A B C on my Ash is fine, switching on my Dread also seems to be fine, despite the fact is uses elemental mods. Melee weapons that seem to be fully installed with mods however, seem to crash.

After testing other weapons that had full instalation of mods equipped, but did NOT include the 4 event dual stat mods, the game would be fine, it would not crash. This was the result of many weapons.

Example of Galatine with full mods, but did not have the 4 event mods installed.

w2eRQmg.jpg

Mg3wYkO.jpg

Example of the Bo Prime, with a full build but with only 3 event mods was also fine, I could also install the last event mods, and I could move through A B C freely with it, unequip it, and even move it around without the game crashing.

5q25TFI.jpg

Td2TbYZ.jpg

BUT

As soon as I went to my Dragon Nikana which had the same build as my Glaive Prime, all 4 elemental mods event mods, the game would crash upon trying to change from A to B.

It seems weapons that did NOT have the 4 elemental mods from when you updated the game to 14.6 are unaffected as well.

Example:

I loaded the game with my Karyst Dagger only having the Vicious Frost and Fever Strike elemental mods installed.Upon loading the game with the 4 mods installed, as shown in the pictures above, it was also fine.

Same thing with the Bo Prime. All 4 elemental event mods from loading the game. Moving them around was fine, but when it came to a weapon that already had them installed before the update, the game just seems to crash.

Things brings me to a conclusion that weapons that have full builds with the 4 elemental dual stat event mods from before the update, are bugged until a fix is found.

Update:

Upon equipping my hate, which oddly had all 4 elemental mods equipped, was perfectly fine.

Then I releazed the order of mods. 

The Hate had the elements of Corrosive Blast, while the Glaive Prime and Dragon Nikana had Radiation Viral..

So, I switched the mods around on my hate, and made the element Radiation Viral just like my other weapons.

Upon shutting off the game, loading it back up, and trying to change the mods around..

Lo and behold. The game crashed.

So now it seems that Radiation Viral element setup may be another cause?

Edit:

Did the same test with the Karyst Dagger, 4 elemental event mods, Radiation Viral, but it was safe to switch around A B C and move mods around. Although the Karyst dagger is not fully modded. Again bringing me to the conclusion that the weapon needs to be fully modded for the crash to happen.

Edited by Shuuro

I have the same issue.

I have level 30 Orthos Prime with 70 power.

While trying to unequip fully ranked Vicious Frost, the game immediately freezes and is unable to minimize. Thankfully, when I open program control I am able to shut Warframe down. The weapon has 4 elementals equipped on it. I was trying to swap mods around to have Gas instead of Radiation. I logged back on and only tried to remove Vicious Frost, but that crashes it as well. I guess I'm stuck with that mod for now.

I have the same issue.

I have level 30 Orthos Prime with 70 power.

While trying to unequip fully ranked Vicious Frost, the game immediately freezes and is unable to minimize. Thankfully, when I open program control I am able to shut Warframe down. The weapon has 4 elementals equipped on it. I was trying to swap mods around to have Gas instead of Radiation. I logged back on and only tried to remove Vicious Frost, but that crashes it as well. I guess I'm stuck with that mod for now.

Does your elemental combo happen to be Radiation Viral? Or Radiation Cold?

Can confirm this bug too. What I've found is:

1. When I have all three configs (A,B,C) filled with mods, the game freezes upon switching config.

2. When I have only one config (i.e. A) filled with mods and all the others empty, I can switch said mods around at will and nothing will happen. Update: Just had a freeze while switching elemental mods from Corrosive + Heat to Magnetic + Toxin using Vicious Frost. Update 2: Managed to install Magnetic + Toxin using Vicious frost

3. If I then try to fill another config with mods, in addition to A, the game freezes.

Update: Just had a freeze while switching elemental mods from Corrosive + Heat to Magnetic + Toxin using Vicious Frost (only A config full).

Update 2: Managed to install Magnetic + Toxin using Vicious frost after killing and restarting the game, played one mission, then tried to switch elementals to Corrosive + Heat and the game froze again. No Vicious Frost involved this time.

Edited by diverdave

I think problem is another nature. You see, after changing mods you will see how it impacted the dmg. After last patch they added channeling cost and multiplier. When are we changing mods list of info(and changes written down) is so big that little box under that with info about last used mod is squeezed to few pixels or even below 0 and game crashes.

It (locking up when changing elemental mods on melee weapon) has been happening to me as well.  It seems to me that it happens when the status display on the left side overflows its window (which is caused by changes in elemental damage types such that some [1 or more] go to zero damage and other new [1 or more] types are assigned and all listed).

tBkgOXd.jpg

VAhPkkH.jpg

I was able to (re-)arrange mine the way that I wanted by removing all the elemental mods, closing & re-opening the mods window, and then adding the elemental mods back in the order that I wanted.

edit: Trying to get images (in spoilers) to show.

Crash also happened to me just switching between configurations after re-organizing mods in my melee weapon (Orthos).

kMq2CHg.jpg

Edited by CWhyNot

Update:

Added full mods to my Hate on A. Switching to B was fine.

Made the element Viral Radiation to see if it would effect anything on B, and switched to A. Results were fine. No Crash.

Switching to C with no mods. No crash.

Adding only the 4 elements to Slot C of hate and switching to B. No crash.

Switching to C and moving one elemental mod around to change both the dual stats... instant crash.

Well. I think this could be it. When changing 2 dual stat elements, the game seems to crash.

Example: Changing from Radiation Viral, moving one element to make Corrosive Blast or Magnetic Gas will make the game crash.

Edit: This could easily explain why switching from A B C is causing the game to crash, since we usually have A B C set for different factions, thus we have different elements on those settings.

For me, Radiation Viral on A, and Magnetic Toxin on B. This is making the UI change up all the elements, thus crashing.

Edited by Shuuro

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I've had the same problem using the regular old single stat elemental damage mods. It seems to definitely be a problem when adding more elemental combos. My specific problem arose when trying to add pure toxin after already having magnetic on my Dragon Nikana. Again using only pure damage mods.