Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tutoring

BoneBreakerx

so im currently stuck looking at the UI trying to figure out what to do...

got everything in the game except hate and a few mods

and im done formaing every weapon and frame i like

so i was wondering if maybe we could get some kind of tutoring system

where when we activate it we would be grouped with new players and help them along

maybe even having some kind of bonus xp (for ppl still lvling stuff ex. temp affinity booster for the duration of the game?)

thoughts?

Moved to the proper section.

I think this belongs in fan concepts as the OP is recommending something that should be added to the game. 

EDIT: on topic, I like this idea. It gives an incentive for veteran players to play with newbies and help them out. 

Edited by Imaru12

You can always help out with answering questions in region chat and go from there, grab a padawan maybe.

Part of the problem with that approach is the chat server breaking randomly, either for the newbie or the vet.  And Region can be a little scary with how fast paced things get.  When I first started I asked a few questions that got missed just because of how many people were talking.  

This kind of program could provide the new player direct access to a veteran who can give them one on one attention, instead of one on Region chat.  

I very, very lightly alluded to the upcoming HUBs having role in a pseudo-tutor program in the last Devstream. We'll have more information when it's available but there will be an opportunity for helpful veteran players to offer tutelage in an official way as HUBs come to light, so stay tuned! 

How will our conclave rating affect tutoring? We need a small conclave rating so as to not attract high level enemies, but we also need some leverage room in case our pupils get in trouble or to show how enemies react to higher conclave ratings. Maybe have a max conclave rating per planet for tutoring?

Only if they say things like "Notice me Senpai" and stuff like that... Then... And only then, will I help lolololol! JK a tutor program or something like that is actually pretty cool, I played this game called Aion a while back and they eventually had something like this but it would incentivize veterans by giving out tokens which could in turn be spent on cool gear and such. Anyway it made helping new players fun for everyone.

I very, very lightly alluded to the upcoming HUBs having role in a pseudo-tutor program in the last Devstream. We'll have more information when it's available but there will be an opportunity for helpful veteran players to offer tutelage in an official way as HUBs come to light, so stay tuned! 

Sweet! Been waiting for something like this. ^^

If you introduce a cape or mantle (some kind of visual marker) for the "teacher" then I'm in ^^ Would be nice for ppl to know that you can teach them just by looking at you in the HUB.

Just a thought. 

Edited by tocorro

Should start listing things I wanna pass along to posterity....

- dive-kicking
- enemies' vulnerability

- chain wall-jumping

- corner climbing

- flinging across large gaps

- slashing sensor bars above Galleon doors

- one-hit melee kill

Edited by ntyd1s

been through that phase, with more than 200+ newcomers already. now I will more or less asks a new player whats their mastery rank and if they have their first prime yet. if they don't and are not abnoxious or rude then ill give them a prime free for any bs mod to complete the trade.

Edited by ranks21