Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cernos Prime Please.

ranks21

most of those builds are before D2.0 and quite frankly I never had to "look up builds" to get the full damage out of a weapon or frame.

I test all sorts of setups and combinations on frames and weapons, and stick with what works best.

really even after making this post earlier I took my cernos and wraith and orthos to t4S did 30 easy mins killed vor ( everyone is saying  he's bugged) with my cernos and quit because its just as much challenge as outer terminus as is t4. would be even easier if I took my regular latron.. and the sweetest part of it all I soloed it like I do each and every map on this game.

T4S is easy until you get at least 45+ minutes. Then you need to get through Heavy Gunners, and the Cernos is not the weapon for that. Look it up, Heavy Gunners resist Impact (Cernos base damage) and are weak to Puncture (base of PPrime). No matter how well you mod that Cernos, it will not hold up in late T4S. The comparatively low crit rate compared to the Dread/PPrime just makes the difference even greater.

these are the three setups I have on the cernos

1) impact over 17k base damage with thunderbolt

2) puncture ^ with high status

3) all the crits you can stuff on a bow

I use setup 1 the least and setup 3 the most. I'm not saying it's the best bow far from that, all I am saying is I like it more than the others and really do enjoy using it.

these are the three setups I have on the cernos

1) impact over 17k base damage with thunderbolt

2) puncture ^ with high status

3) all the crits you can stuff on a bow

I use setup 1 the least and setup 3 the most. I'm not saying it's the best bow far from that, all I am saying is I like it more than the others and really do enjoy using it.

care to reveal the actual mod combos as well? That doesn't say much, you know

I don't get it....if he likes cernos and enjoys it, and asks for a primed version, what;s wrong with that? Nobody has the right to tell him 'no I want this before that cuz it's more OP, yo.'

Min-maxing makes me sick.

I'm here to have fun, people, not crunch numbers and go 'oooooh' and 'aaaah'!

But that's just me.

Respect other's people choice. Cernos is a nice looking bow, of course on paper it is nowhere near the Paris Prime or Dread. But at least give him credit for having fun and play with the weapon he likes. 

Don't pay attention to what other says and you don't need to justify anything. Lots of people are all about DPS but most of them don't even have 50% accuracy anyway. Play as you like, choose a nice looking weapon and pop those HS ^^. 

Everyone has those mods man, they're not rare and powerful. We farmers just farm them and sell it back to you.

The point is, you haven't experienced the full content. You wouldn't be saying what you are saying when you've faced enemies level 70 and above.

Believe me, you need to experience the game before you speak man.

The game isn't balanced in general, but it *particularly* isn't balanced around the higher level content that people call the endgame.  Through the limited content that is currently kinda-sorta balanced, any weapon technically works alright.  In late-wave defense/survival, you're basically gaming a broken system.  There's a reason why only certain frames/weapons are viable in those late waves, and it has less to do with the fact that those weapons/frames are great and more to do with the fact the game/frames/weapons aren't balanced and it doesn't have a proper endgame.

All that's to say.... there's nothing wrong with wanting an overwrought gold-covered weapon.  Though I prefer the idea of some tenno weapons (like Cernos) getting a "Dragon" version.

To put it another way, sure let's have "whatever" weapon be prime/vandal/dragon/wraith.  Even if it's a crappy weapon, it doesn't matter.  It'll need to be balanced like everything else later anyway.

Edited by (PS4)Zeylon

I'm fine with getting a Cernos Prime. I'm fine with you using Cernos because you like it. I'm fine with you liking the Cernos. I use weapons that are considered sub-par because I like them. I have no problem at all with that.

The problem I have is people who say things like

I use Cernos as my primary weapons with a couple mods to strengthen the puncture,damage and reload speed and your unstoppable

which is just plain inaccurate.

And don't get me started on

ugh im not even going to begin about your pc player arrogance
Just because you know more doesn't make you better

which is just incredibly rude. (not to mention wrong. Knowing more does tend to make you better at the game, especially when you understand how Damage 2.0 works)

So how about before you post about how your favorite weapon is "better than X" or is "strong enough to solo T4S", you either do some research or try late-game T4 missions when enemies go above level 100. You might learn some things.

Also, to the people who are boosting Puncture on the impact-based Cernos... if you're doing that, why not just get a Paris to use for missions you need puncture on? It works the same way as the Cernos and you'll get a lot more damage out of boosting puncture, and if you use Paris Prime you get guaranteed yellow crits and a chance for red crits. I can understand if you don't like Dread, because I don't like how it feels to use, but mechanically the Paris and the Cernos fire the same.

everyone has their preferences of weapons frames and melees and I respect that of them. never have I tried to discourage anyone from a weapon because the majority doesn't like it blah blah. I love the cernos for the simple fact of its versatility and the only thing I would want in the prime version is an increase in the status department.

they said it wasn't good for critting and I get it to produce high crits , before t4 there was t3 and been using it there long ago. the thing is this, any weapon when modded to its strengths with a high enough status% will do massive damage no matter the level enemy.

the way the game is now with damage 2.0 past the 30 mins mark in any survival or defense  youll be running and that's a fact. pro's and elites I've yet to meet one, but players who knows what theyre doing and how to use their frames are far and few inbetween.

they said it wasn't good for critting and I get it to produce high crits ,

First off, Cernos has a max crit rate of 104% if you put both Point Strike and Critical Delay on it.

Paris Prime reaches 112% crit rate with only Point Strike. Dread hits 125% with only Point Strike.

In other words, to get guaranteed crits on the Cernos, you have to slow down your shots and also use up a lot of mod points just to get to that point. You'll almost never see a red crit, while PPrime and Dread will both regularly proc red crits. That's why we say it's not good for critting- because when compared to the other bows, it isn't.

before t4 there was t3 and been using it there long ago. the thing is this, any weapon when modded to its strengths with a high enough status% will do massive damage no matter the level enemy.

Sorry, but this just shows you've never faced high-level enemies. You won't be doing massive damage much past T4 30 mins. Scaling/armor gets insane at that point. If you don't have puncture you'll have a hard time killing Heavy Gunners, the most dangerous enemy in T4. And as previously established, Cernos is an impact bow.

the way the game is now with damage 2.0 past the 30 mins mark in any survival or defense youll be running and that's a fact. pro's and elites I've yet to meet one, but players who knows what theyre doing and how to use their frames are far and few inbetween.

2014-09-12_00002_zps1d9efbbc.jpg

I know what I'm doing, I speak from experience here. It's easier than you think if you bring appropriate equipment. Damage 2.0 means enemies have weaknesses. Bring weapons that exploit those weaknesses. Don't bring weapons that are weak vs the enemies you'll be facing and then say it's "damage 2.0's" fault that you can't get past 30 mins.

Edited by GrapplerBot

Cernos definitely *LOOKS GOOD*.

It hits a bit harder than Paris (not prime) 

A Vandal version (or Prime) would be handy to push up its stats a little, and put it in the same league or Paris Prime and Dread. 

Would hit primarily with Impact, which is Cernos' main damage type, and then we'd have 3 top-tier bows, each hitting with one damage type, Dread being Slash and Paris (Prime) being Puncture. 

Would be awesome to have a modern-composite-bow inspiration, with pulleys which roll and moving some of its spikes when the arrow is cocked. 

I think it would be coold to have Kela de Thaym uncover part of Vor's work in a secret lab and have an event to upgrade her. 

Being a sniper, she would bring forward inspiration from the secrets unlocked by Vor when he created the Seer.

There could be a whole event around giving Kela her new weapon. 

She would create Kela's Cernos (or whathever name) and together with the Seer they would be part of a new subclass of weapons: Orokin-Grineer hybrids. 

Kela De Thayme uses an ogris...

But she shoots from far, far away. She has sniperish feel all around to her, and looks like a ballista.

She is born to be a sniper. But hitscan isn't fair, so she needs a bow to give their projectiles travel time. 

Maybe she could have two phases and primaries, and switch around them. 

Edited by BrazilianJoe

Come see me in a regular mission just you and I  bring your stats counter screenies vid recording and we'll go mod for mod same setups same frames   but different bows . my cernos and your whatever lets put it to the real test. not some copy and paste from god he knows when. of even your T4 S and see who does what with which bow I'm up for it.

Come see me in a regular mission just you and I  bring your stats counter screenies vid recording and we'll go mod for mod same setups same frames   but different bows . my cernos and your whatever lets put it to the real test. not some copy and paste from god he knows when. of even your T4 S and see who does what with which bow I'm up for it.

He got his information from the wiki. You should take a look some time, lots of good information.

Here, use this. http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Cernos

And I'll beat your total DPS on both Paris Prime and Dread.

Edited by GrapplerBot

"1v1 me on Rust, you scrub."

I dont have t4 the biggest reason why I use it is because the way it looks my warframe has a certain look and the Cernos really finished the look and I've added a lot of rare and power full mods and I don't like to much power then it's not that much of a challenge anymore

Ok so what makes u think cernos prime will look better than the unprimed? More so dont worry about too much power u wont get it on cernos.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Use this build. Definitely enough for T3. Oh, and you realize that if the Cernos gets a prime version proportionate to the  stat increase from the Paris to the Paris Prime, it'll be super OP and have like 250 damage and 60% crit chance right?

Countless primes? Don't know what you're smoking, or if you can count. Your poor grammer and my cruel jokes (that I don't mean, so don't take it seriously) You don't offer any points as to make the cernos prime besides: You'd like it.

How could one even prime it anyway? Make it even blunter? You can only make something so blunt before it comes right around and becomes sharp again. Increase the tensile strength of the bow? I guess, but there's no real point to that, just use the arrows with the Paris prime if that's all you're going to do

Just face facts: The cernos is a bad weapon, good concept making an anti shield weapon, but it just doesn't slide with the damage model. Impact damage just simply doesn't work long term, even fire is better.

Wish people would stop making these Cernos Prime threads, just Parrots "Polly wanna Cernos prime"

Cernos definitely needs some love, it pales in comparison to every other now for no real reason. We have a good infested bow, grineer bow, now we need a corpus bow. I own them all and while cernos can be modded to be decent it's still not as good as it should be.