Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cernos Prime Please.

ranks21

• 1 month later...

I use Cernos as my primary weapons with a couple mods to strengthen the puncture,damage and reload speed and your unstoppable

Uh, no.

First off, you're putting puncture boost on a weapon that deals primarily impact damage. That's not gonna do much.

Secondly, try going into T4 and see how "unstoppable" you are.

If you want to talk about GOOD bows, try the Paris Prime or the Dread, both of which are capable of red-critting for tens of thousands.

it might be the aestethically sharp edges of the cernos thats messing with his brain lol

but id always want stuff to be primed

Edited by Ritchel

I'd rather not Cernos Prime. Dread's a stalker weapon, Paris Prime is a Prime weapon - I'd like a Dragon Cernos or something.

the ballistica or attica is not considered a bow, they shoot lasers.

I use Cernos as my primary weapons with a couple mods to strengthen the puncture,damage and reload speed and your unstoppable

ugh im not even going to begin about your pc player arrogance
Just because you know more doesn't make you better

Come see me in a regular mission just you and I  bring your stats counter screenies vid recording and we'll go mod for mod same setups same frames   but different bows . my cernos and your whatever lets put it to the real test. not some copy and paste from god he knows when. of even your T4 S and see who does what with which bow I'm up for it.

I can't even-- what-- what? Okay, let me go through this quote by quote because this hurts my IQ.

The Ballistica and Attica do not fire lasers, they fire crossbow bolts. I have no idea what gave you the idea they shoot lasers when they're Tenno guns, which never fire lasers.

Next up, boosting Puncture damage on an Impact bow. I have no words for how much of a pointless endeavour that is.

Follow that up with "pc player arrogance" when the person who said that is completely on the defensive, and the only other Cernos Prime defender is arrogant as well because learning basic damage numbers versus scaling is apparently a bad thing now... yeah, it's PC players generally trying to help but being responded to violently - I can assure you it's not us that's arrogant.

Last off, this MLG challenge right there... I can't even, not to mention it won't be an accurate or fair test due to spawning unless it was repeated 100 - 10,000 times.

I'm most definitely not averse to seeing this thread locked for quality and derailment (which I hoped to end by clarifying some stuff that was clearly wrong) reasons.

Edited by Blackout751

Respect other's people choice. Cernos is a nice looking bow, of course on paper it is nowhere near the Paris Prime or Dread. But at least give him credit for having fun and play with the weapon he likes. 

Don't pay attention to what other says and you don't need to justify anything. Lots of people are all about DPS but most of them don't even have 50% accuracy anyway. Play as you like, choose a nice looking weapon and pop those HS ^^. 

*salutes*

I myself don't roll with top-tier weaponry; but they take me to 40 minutes in T4 Survival. That's all I really care about at this point.

If you want to bring a Cernos be my guest. It's one of the best looking of the other 2. It's just a shame it hasn't got the same treatment as the other two.

Torid, Miter, Akbolto, Serro 4 life.

It's funny you mention Cernos Prime. Some of my clan mates and I were talking about the next Prime Access and I personally am hoping for Ash Prime (even though everyone tends to think its going to be Volt and supposedly was leaked it will be Volt) and they asked what weapons I'd put with him for Prime Access. Ash is the Ninja of the game so to stick to a Ninja theme I'd do Cernos Prime and Kunai Prime. They really need to release an Impact mod set though to help it out since they some how over looked it after releasing Puncture and Slash event sets.

ahh my old post for a prime Cernos, made the dread and paris primers feather rustled much.  the cernos may be or is the weakest of the 3 with its impact a couple point shy of 2k when modded and sure it's not a crit monster, but I love it anyways because its different  and less used by the masses. paired up with m- prime from nova and well you get the picture.

A *lot* of people dislike the look of the Paris Prime, and a pretty significant amount dislike the Dread too. I think the Cernos looks pretty awesome, but more in a fantasy sorta way than sci-fi, so it doesn't really fit (although WF as a whole has been leaning that way... another topic.).

In some ways there's no need for a Cernos Prime - we have Paris Prime for Puncture against Armor and Robots, and Dread for Slash against Infested and Crewmen. I'd really like to see the Cernos Prime fill a niche as a semi-auto status primary. Give it enough crit to pass 100% with just Point Strike (40%+) and at least 45% status chance (100% with 2 dual status mods). This would give us a primary weapon that would proc either the installed element or an Impact stagger on every shot, which is something different than the PPrime and Dread offers, and yet still effective.

Cernos as it is isn't a terrible weapon - its far better than the Paris, and especially the MK-1, because it can surpass 100% crit when using CD; it just has crappy damage in comparison to the Prime and rare-drop bows.

Well, this topic turned from OP wanting an Prime Weapon, to everyone showing how big their Ego is and putting people in their place like Alpha Males.

On the Internet, when you want an answer on how to do something say how to do it wrong. Everyone will rise to correct you. 

The same applies here - someone was spreading information that their Cernos with boosted Puncture damage was "unstoppable", people find that hilariously untrue, people put the Cernos-user into their place as "it's impossible to argue with you because at least one of your mods on your bow is certainly pointless and because you think just because we have computers we suffer from 'pc player arrogance'". When someone says the latter to end an argument, what else do you expect?

On the Internet, when you want an answer on how to do something say how to do it wrong. Everyone will rise to correct you. 

The same applies here - someone was spreading information that their Cernos with boosted Puncture damage was "unstoppable", people find that hilariously untrue, people put the Cernos-user into their place as "it's impossible to argue with you because at least one of your mods on your bow is certainly pointless and because you think just because we have computers we suffer from 'pc player arrogance'". When someone says the latter to end an argument, what else do you expect?

Thats a great point, but yeah I just find it funny, how it turned into this.