Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Notice The Glaive Prime Catching On Invisible Walls A Lot Recently?

CY13ERPUNK

what i mean is that ill try to throw it to the left/right of some obstacle in the terrain, but instead it blows up in my face

and im not just talking about when you're right up on something, im standing plenty far enough away to not be affected by the viewing angle

it seems to me that the glaive hit box either got a LOT bigger, or a bunch of invisible geometry in the levels changed somehow...

what i mean is that ill try to throw it to the left/right of some obstacle in the terrain, but instead it blows up in my face

and im not just talking about when you're right up on something, im standing plenty far enough away to not be affected by the viewing angle

it seems to me that the glaive hit box either got a LOT bigger, or a bunch of invisible geometry in the levels changed somehow...

Maybe related to recent bug about enemies behind various cover not getting blinded (despite clearly being visible) :/

I noticed before that virtually every aslant edge has an orthogonal hitbox, so that the Glaive cannot be thrown through the open part of the rectangle between its highest and widest point.

- This is a common collision detection problem in many games, though, so it did not surprise me.

Also, a couple of tileset adornments have wider hitboxes than models. Most notorious are the diverse Corpus rod constructions (barrel racks, etc.).

- This latter part may explain your observation, unless of course, it happened independent from tileset (and no places could be found where all looks in order).

Edited by Zsar

ya its just that i pretty much use the glaive exclusively (at least recently, im going on like 9+ mil xp with it)

and only since wednesday have i noticed this

it got me killed quite a few times on the grineer def map tiles from both earth/phobos (they have a similar internal layout) during some of the recent event alerts

and also the corpus ice base mob def tile with the upper/lower consoles in one room (large open space, stairs, 5 exits)

but just in general the glaive is acting like it is hitting a surface in mid air, and this was not the case, say last week