Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strange Aura Mod Names

Amorax

Gewehrplunderer? Could you clarify what language you are playing in? This seems to be the German version of Rifle Scavenger.

Edit: moved to a more appropriate section.

I'm playing in English. The more common aura mods all appear fine like Energy Siphon, Steel Charge and Rejuvenation. Though sometimes I see 'Energie- regeneration' (while seeing my friend with Energy Siphon), which I think is also Energy Siphon. My friend was seeing the aura names the same way as me and he's from a different country, but plays the game in English as well.

I think it might have to do with the country that the player is from that decides how the aura is displayed (but you'll see your own aura the correct way). I get matched up with Russians quite often, and since their characters can't be displayed, it would show the *'s for me instead.

Edited by Amorax

We need Ancient Retribution.

A̖̗̥̟̲̱̬̫͇͎̳͈̥̤̯ͥ̇̒̅̅͆̿ͭ̒̀̚͘ņ̠̩̱̯̤͔̰̤̯͍̝̻͔̺̠̻͐ͨ̔ͤ͗ͪ͌͛ͤ͛͟͡C̳̺͍͚̝̘̪̎ͦ̈͐͒ͨ͑͜͟͠ͅì̛̪͚̯̜̯̝̫̰̯̯͙͕̻͎̞̪̻̈̏̅̊ͫͨ̈́͂͒͌͂͋ͣͥ̑̌̀͜͜͞e̓̈ͨ̎҉̸̬̮͈͓̭̖̤̲̟̦̘̖̻͖̖̺͙ṋ̸̮͚̤̤̥͙̩͇͔̖̖̲̗̻̥̗̔́̈́̈́̔́̐̂̀͗̓̓ͮ͛̍̔ͭ͛̀̚̕͢T̶̸̴͕̫̝̭̳̹̩͙̙̳̠̳͒̽̃ͦ͜ ̵̛̩͚̯̻̝̟̒͐̿̑͌͑ͬ̓ͣ́ͬͥ͆̚R͕͇̗̭̜̠͍͔͈̺̺̩̹̉́͊ͧ̎ͯͮͪ̀ͣ̑̀͢ę̪̰͙̟͙̩͉̯̙͈͕͖̜͖̰ͮ͊ͨ̽̄ͮ́́͘̕t̴͌͐ͫ̿͂̽̅̆ͩ̎́͏̧͖͈̣̲̮͈̱͍̹̦͔̗̪̕͠ͅR̴̵̸̨̥̙̤̜̠̜̹̜͖̓̊̈̅̐ͩ̀̽̿͐ͫ̀͋̾̆͑̇̅͛͟i͉̞̳̳̥̙̰̫̬͍̦̞̮͉̥͚̘ͮ͂̆ͤͭͤ͗ͩ̚͡b̵̶̛̟̼̺͔̥͙͍̲̩̻͚͇̳̔̋̇ͭ̏ͅų̅͗̇̀̔͂͒̋͊͌҉̰̟̜͈͈̙̹͓̝͇͖̲̱̘̞͇̫̹T̵̯̝̜̫̞ͦ͗͐ͨ͂͑̿̑͊ͣ̈́̆͗͞I̢̘͓͉͇̰̪̤͖͓̭͖̣̲̝̭̠̫̲ͫ̒̆̄̒͟͜͟͞ǫ̵̶͈͙̰̪̣͈͈̞͙̪̤̯̋̉̾͆ͦ͗ͩͪͫ͆̉͋ͣ͒ͩ͌͋ͩ͟N̸̻̮̲̣̝͇̤͎̪̭̺̒ͭͣͤ̏ͣ̈͛̄͊͆ͭ͆͂́ͅ
̵̵̧̪͈̫̻̽̍̽̏̊͂͋̏̆̊̍ͣ̉́̈́͜
̢̧͉̝͚̗̝͉͖̦͚͎͈̮̮͉̮̮ͥ̂̽̒̄ͤ̍̿̇̊́̔ͨ̕͞9͐̌ͭ͌͑ͭ̾͐̚҉̘̫̣͢9̵̷̬͔̱̭̱̺̰͇̣̱͌̿ͩ̓͆̈͂̍ͣ̐ ̶̛̛̹͚̲̼̠͈̪̹͚̖̭̖͕̳̣͌̋͗͗ͩ̅͐ͧ̔̓̒̽͑͜ͅSͣ͛̑͗ͦ͒̉̾́̃̾͐̂̓͗͑͏̵͔̘̞͇͓̲̣̭͕͘u̢͔̼͉̰̫̻̬̯̲̪͇̖̤̣̞̳̠̺̩ͫ̍̓ͧ͗͛̆̉ͨ̇͜b̶̰͕̯̘̝ͧ͒̅ͫ̎͗J̷̮̣̦̗̮̳̺̺͙̪̰̮͛ͤͣͭͥ̂̇̂̌ͪ͋̈̏͌ͤ́̆̚͞ę̡͍͔̙͇̩̗͍͉̱͈̖̹ͯ̋ͪ̌̈ͦ̀̃̇̆̔ͨ̐͢͞c͐͆̀ͯ͂͠͏͞҉̞̮͓͖͕̤̟̩̹̗͇̯͍̻̺̪͎̘ͅT̵̨̻̣͚̩͎͙̠̞̬͚̠̥̙̬̥ͥ͐ͯ̈͛͢ ̵̷̸̶̰̗̼̘̰͚̮͚̤̹͕͕̰͉̗͇̝ͣͪ̎ͬͪ͆̽͛͗͊̔ͦͭ̄̌ͮ̚ͅ1̢̨̻̖͚̱͉̙͔̗̝̜̜̲͎͐̽̎͐̾ͣͪͮͩ̀̚͘

m5pRjl9.png

Is this from you yourself or is this one of the other players in a lobby with you? If it's another player in your lobby it might be taking into account the language that player is using. Otherwise I'm not sure why this is happening.

It shouldn't matter what language that person is in, it should display your language.

Forwarded this thread to the devs. Though it is a small issue, I felt it was easily capable of being overlooked, while still creating a lot of confusion.

Is this from you yourself or is this one of the other players in a lobby with you? If it's another player in your lobby it might be taking into account the language that player is using. Otherwise I'm not sure why this is happening.

It's from one of the players in the lobby. I think it also has to do with the language or country that the player is from.

My friend is from the US, so that probably explains why I see the normal aura names with him.

@Devoid, thanks!

Edited by Amorax