Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 14.6.1

[DE]Rebecca

Excalibur:

• Firstly, an explanation in intent and next steps:
  • Dev observed and experienced the uninhibited blinding effect in up to a 60 M Range with several environments coming between Excalibur and targets. This prompted review.
  • Secondly, the 14.6.0 changes have all been reverted as they were experimental and not intended to function in the way they did for this brief 12 hour window.
  • Thirdly, what you can expect down the road is Radial Blind functioning in a way that considers Line-of-sight. The 14.6.0 unintended version suffered from a lot of problems with this approach, and coming will be radically improved line-of-sight checks for Radial Blind. Targets behind cover that can still see Excalibur are blinded. Other bodies won’t inhibit their blindness, but walls will.

Other Changes:

• Changed the attack ferocity of Corpus Mine Osprey: before no maximum existed on number of deployed mines, and now there is a maximum of 6.

If you are spending time looking at radial blind can you please spend time looking at other abilities. Now wanting got tier just a pass to see if you think they are useful. Personally radial blind and sometimes super jump are the only things I cast with any frequency.

Once a mine osprey drops 6 mines what does it do then? Seems silly that they cannot do anything else and become flying toasters. Also mines are pointless and do nothing. I think the unlimited mines at least made them interesting. Now they are back to floating balloons for simply popping when convenient.

• Dev observed and experienced the uninhibited blinding effect in up to a 60 M Range with several environments coming between Excalibur and targets. This prompted review.

• Thirdly, what you can expect down the road is Radial Blind functioning in a way that considers Line-of-sight. The 14.6.0 unintended version suffered from a lot of problems with this approach, and coming will be radically improved line-of-sight checks for Radial Blind. Targets behind cover that can still see Excalibur are blinded. Other bodies won’t inhibit their blindness, but walls will.

What's the reasoning behind this power being affected by line-of-sight when there are plenty of other powers that dont have this?

It's not like Excalibur has a full set of overpowered skills and this was the tipping point. In fact, it's the total opposite. This is THE only power that could be considered full functioned since all other have limits.

I think all of Vauban's power dont have line of sight, are going to expect for him to get hit with this? Because this is actually a frame were basically all his powers and totally full functioned and have little to no disadvantages at all.

ok tenno i find it hilarious so many people complain about trinity and radial blind. let me give you some insight from playing MMO games for so many years. Healers in any MMO have had their own heal stat to boost healing like HPS or infact WIS INT etc. for anyone to say Power strength only affects DPS means they dont understand at all that Power strength means it could be HPS DPS or even the strength of CC. allowing it to effect trinity's heal makes perfect sense and using unranked mods shouldnt be a part of anyones build and by adding strength depending on mod rank i feel is more like it should be. now with this update trinity heal is still 80% at max rank but the CD is gone lol and instantly all the people crying about the 80% are happy now but guess what its still 80% you still have to regrind that trin to get the 100% and i am in total agreement when making major changes to frame powers they need to have a way for people to switch polarities for free.

For radial blind you guys do realize that the blind doesnt come from no where that its a flash like a flash grenade so what sense does it make for enemies behind walls to get blinded by something they cannot see? there is no other video game with a flash grenade that allows you to blind enemies behind walls because 1 you have to see the flash to become disoriented by it. so no i dont think there is anything wrong with radial blind as it is you flash the targets that can see it and that means its working as intended.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

trinity blessing spammable? major improvement! good to see this implemented.

excal - well, if you really need to do that LoS thing, i hope you let us blind everything in line of sight then, alerted enemy or not. a flashbang would blind you even if you didnt know it existed until the bang, so there, realism!

other than that, i really like the detailed explanations on the development this time, thank you very much.

I don't think if the mine osprey change is a good or bad idea: For Jackal they were quite challengy, but not that bad because of Jackal' attacks that aren't so strong. In everything else nerf them is a good idea... but my "Jackal vs. Unmodded kestrel (and Loki)" video is now no longer exiting.

Excalibur:

• Firstly, an explanation in intent and next steps:
  • Secondly, the 14.6.0 changes have all been reverted as they were experimental and not intended to function in the way they did for this brief 12 hour window.

I don't mind nerfing radial blind if it means reworking his abilities. Excal deserves a good look at all of his abilities, not just nerfing this one.

Adding utility or reworking them from scratch. His abilities are old, and the game changed significantly, so He should too, adjust to the new Warframe.

I'm eagerly waiting for introduction of reworked Excal abilities, with Line-of-sight included to his radial blind.

And I hope this is just the beginning of changes to other warframes abilities if this "stick to logic" thing is such a must.

And maybe a good place to think about reworking enemies a bit ? If You don't want us to play infinitly scaling enemies then do something with them, for them to be more challenging and not just with so much damage and such huge health bar so we have no other option than abuse powerful CC abilities.

Edited by tocorro